Tired.

Tired.

 

Every single morning, at exactly 6.30 am, mynah birds would wake up, rustle their cold feathers and sing to their mates. It was their morning call, a signal to wake up and face the day. For Son Dongwoon, the handsome maknae of Beast, his very own mynah came in the form of a VERY chirpy and bright-eyed Yang Yoseob.

‘I’m gonna make you love me, neol saranghandago…’ sang Yoseob melodiously as he strode into the room of a certain raven-haired sleepyhead. He walked over to the windows and gave the curtains a firm tug, ensuring the penetration of early-morning sunshine into the room and onto the maknae’s face.

A loud groan was heard, followed by bed creaks and the rustling of sheets.

‘Hnngfh. Yoseob hyung. It’s… too early! Woonie wants to… wants to sleep,’ Dongwoon mumbled sleepily, as his eyes threatened to shut with the prospect of reclaimed sleep.

‘No no no, it isn’t early! It’s already half past six! Woonie-ah, learn to wake up earlier!’ Yoseob pouted. He dragged the blanket, a soft purple cotton one with a multitude of stars, off Dongwoon’s body. This only resulted in Dongwoon snuggling closer to his similarly patterned pillows.

The main vocalist looked down at the sleeping body and shook his head, sighing. Had Dongwoon forgotten all about their plans for today? No, he couldn’t have – there was a large red circle over today’s date in his calendar. Inside it, he had written ‘PICNIC WITH SEOBBIE HYUNG AT 9AM! ^^’ He couldn’t just forget an appointment like this. Yoseob wondered what the cause of his fatigue was.

Had he gone out last night with any of the other Beast hyungs? Or was he staying up late at night, doing an important assignment for school? Whatever it was, Dongwoon was unusually tired. The older man leant over and lightly thumbed the cheek of the younger one, deep in thought. He managed to catch the small, almost inconspicuous smile on his peaceful sleeping face. Yoseob chuckled lightly to himself.

‘Well, maybe we could forgo the picnic for today…’ he mused, ‘After all, I don’t want my poor dongsaeng to fall asleep on top of our food!’

Dongwoon was curled up and facing away from the window, and he had left a space on the bed just big enough for Yoseob. He climbed in, pulling the blanket back up with him to cover the both of them. He turned to his left and faced Dongwoon’s chest, as the maknae was significantly taller than him. His arm s around Dongwoon’s waist, initiating a comfortable cuddle, and Dongwoon, as though it was routine, pulled him closer.

And so the maknae and the visual maknae; the tired singer and his comfprting hyung; fell asleep in that very position, wrapped in each others’ embrace.