End

The Point Of No Return

April 19, 2007

Cho Kyuhyun was involved in a car accident along with his fellow Super Junior members, Shin Donghee, Lee Hyukjae and Park Jungsu. Once he realized that a car accident had occurred he knew he was going to die. They said that when you are close to death you always see your whole life flashing right before your eyes. And he saw it. Tiny, little bits of his life appearing right in front him.

Cho Kyuhyun, 5 years old, playing in the rain.

Cho Kyuhyun, mathematics genius, winning the Mathematic Olympiad.

Cho Kyuhyun, 18 years old, joining Super Junior.

Cho Kyuhyun, 18 years old, hated by his hyungs.

Cho Kyuhyun, 18 years old, falling in love with Kim Ryeowook.

Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, confessing to Kim Ryeowook.

Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, making love to Kim Ryeowook.

Those are the images flowing in his head right now. That and then he started praying.

Because you know, death is pretty much scary. You don’t realize it when you are young. You plainly forget its existence, because it simply seems so far away –as if it’s never going to catch you-. He thought that somebody was going to try and reach him, but nobody seemed to have noticed him laying almost lifeless on the ground.

1 minute

2 minutes

3 minutes

::

::

“6 people were involved in a car accident today, on the 19th of April 2007, with the 4 of them being members of the rising kpop group, Super Junior. Shin Donghee and Lee Hyukjae were slightly injured, while their leader Park Jungsu faced serious injuries. Cho Kyuhyun, the maknae of the group, was proclaimed dead on the accident scene, due to huge blood loss and serious injuries.”

When Kyuhyun was proclaimed dead, Kim Ryeowook felt like his heart left his body. He stopped eating and never wanted to leave Kyuhyun’s bed – because as he said he could still smell him there.- The others perfectly knew that this way, Ryeowook was destroying himself, tearing slowly and painfully parts of his already broken heart. Jungsu had once tried talking to him, telling him that he cannot keep on living –or not living- like that. He told him that Kyuhyun would not like seeing him like that, but Ryeowook’s only response was “Then he shouldn’t have left me alone in the first place.”

There were days when they could hear Ryeowook cry, days when he would pathetically laugh not wanting to accept reality, days when he would be completely silent and then there were days when he would scream in agony – and his screams were filled with so much agony and pain that the others could not bear listening to him.-

Super Junior was slowly falling apart. Kyuhyun was not there anymore. Hangeng wanted to leave. Kibum was never there. And Ryeowook simply didn’t care anymore. Jungsu was in pure despair. Even a year after the accident, Ryeowook still could not live without Kyuhyun’s bed, Kyuhyun’s clothes and practically anything that could possibly make him feel closer to his late lover.

One night after a long time, Jungsu decided to have a talk with Ryeowook, because he thought that he would be able to change his mind. He slowly knocked at the door but there was no answer and when he opened the door, there was nobody inside the room. There was absolutely no sign of Kim Ryeowook and then he heard the door of the dorm open and Jungsu came face-to-face with a completely drunk Ryeowook, who started screaming.

“Where did he go again? I never did anything to anger him! Where is he?”

And that broke Jungsu, who ran to Ryeowook and hugged him tightly. Ryeowook threw Jungsu’s arms away from him.

“Don’t try to comfort me! I demand to know where the hell Kyuhyun is!”

“Don’t make this any harder. You are drunk. Please go to sleep.”

“NO! JUST TELL ME WHERE THE DID HE GO!”

Jungsu sighed in pure despair.

“Kyuhyun is dead.”

Ryeowook’s knees weakened and he fell on the floor, while tears started forming in his eyes.

“He is not dead! Don’t play with me. Did he go out with Tiffany again, huh? Am I really not enough for him?”

More tears and more screams. Jungsu reached Ryeowook and hugged him again trying to take his pain away. This time Ryeowook, feeling safe in their leader’s arms, clung onto him and after crying for a long time, he eventually fell asleep.

SM had already long forgotten about Super Junior, since the debut of their new boy band, SHINee. But Jungsu could not blame them, they were talented and young and unlike them, SHINee did not face any problems.

Ryeowook started drinking more and more and sometimes the others swore that the man had simply gone crazy. He kept saying that he sees Kyuhyun every day, that he spends his whole day wrapped in Kyuhyun’s arms, that they are simply so happy together. What scared them the most was when Ryeowook would leave an empty seat at the table, simply stating that he is waiting for Kyuhyun to come and sit next to him or when he thought, that he was talking to Kyuhyun, when in reality he was speaking into thin air.

Hangeng left Super Junior after some time and Kibum disappeared. Youngwoon went into an early military enlistment because of the accident he was involved in and Kim Ryeowook was nothing but an empty shell. Jungsu had simply lost all hope and thought that it was only a matter of time before SM would announce their disbandment.

April 19, 2010

Ryeowook was coming back home after spending most of his night drinking red wine –Kyuhyun’s favourite-. And then he felt a crash while he was driving back to their dorm, only to realize seconds later that he was already laying on the ice-cold asphalt, with a pool of crimson blood surrounding him. He then knew that he was finally dying and images of his life started flashing before his eyes.

Kim Ryeowook, 5 years old, playing ball in the garden.

Kim Ryeowook, piano prodigy, composing his very first song.

Kim Ryeowook, 18 years old, debuting with Super Junior.

Kim Ryeowook, 19 years old, meeting Cho Kyuhyun.

Kim Ryeowook, 20 years old, started dating Cho Kyuhyun.

Kim Ryeowook, 20 years old, fell irrevocably in love.

Kim Ryeowook, 20 years old, lost the person he loved the most.

Kim Ryeowook, 23 years old, on the same day he lost his love, he managed to meet him again.

::

::

“Kim Ryeowook, member of the ex-boy group, Super Junior, was proclaimed dead after a fatal car crash, due to huge blood loss and brain damage.”

::

::

They always say that life is like sliding doors. Some are closing, while others are just first opening up. And do you know what they say? That the smallest of gestures can simply change history. Do you know what they also say? That great loves are just meant to happen. No matter what.

::

::

April 19, 2007

Cho Kyuhyun was involved in a car accident along with his fellow Super Junior members, Shin Donghee, Lee Hyukjae and Park Jungsu. Once he realized that a car accident had occurred he knew he was going to die. They said that when you are close to death you always see your whole life flashing right before your eyes. And he saw it. Tiny, little bits of his life appearing right in front him.

Cho Kyuhyun, 5 years old, playing in the rain.

Cho Kyuhyun, mathematics genius, winning the Mathematic Olympiad.

Cho Kyuhyun, 18 years old, joining Super Junior.

Cho Kyuhyun, 18 years old, hated by his hyungs.

Cho Kyuhyun, 18 years old, falling in love with Kim Ryeowook.

Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, confessing to Kim Ryeowook.

Cho Kyuhyun, 19 years old, making love to Kim Ryeowook.

Those are the images flowing in his head right now. That and then he started praying.

Because you know, death is pretty much scary. You don’t realize it when you are young. You plainly forget its existence, because it simply seems so far away –as if it’s never going to catch you-. He thought that somebody was going to try and reach him, but nobody seemed to have noticed him laying almost lifeless on the ground.

1 minute

2 minutes

And then he felt Hyukjae holding his hand tightly and praying for his life like a maniac.

That and then his whole world turned black.

He was slowly opening his eyes at the sound of the voice he had missed the most.

“He’s awake. He finally is awake.”

Ryeowook started screaming, while tears of pure relief and happiness started running down his cheeks. He really had thought that he had lost the love of his life for good. The rest of the Super Junior members stormed into the hospital room and threw themselves on the bed, hugging their precious maknae as if their lives depended on it.

And then Kyuhyun started laughing and Ryeowook realized that this is probably the most beautiful sound he had ever heard –and truthfully the sound he missed the most and never wanted to miss again-.

...

Τhat night Ryeowook probably had the most haunting nightmare he had ever experienced. In his nightmare, Hyukjae had not found Kyuhyun on time and the love of his life had died. After that, he became an alcoholic and a madman causing problems to Super Junior all the time until Super Junior disbanded and he himself also died due to a car crash. After this nightmare, he was more than afraid that he is going to lose Kyuhyun one day and he knows that he will become exactly like the madman he became in his dream.

He did not want that.

That’s probably why he decided to keep his distance from the precious maknae, afraid of getting too attached to him and then having to deal with the pain of losing him.

Ryeowook was spending a lot of time with Jungsu and Tiffany and Kyuhyun was depressed. He felt as if a person like him, going through an accident like that was simply a worthless cause of pain. He was told, after regaining his consciousness that he had almost lost his voice and was impressed by the fact that his own father, who was always against his dream of becoming a singer, objected to the operation that would most probably save him but at the same time irreversibly damage his vocal cords.

What he did not know was that the first one to object to this operation was Ryeowook, who was now sitting alongside Tiffany chatting and laughing with her. Maybe he should let him be with her. She was beautiful, funny and most importantly she would never cause Ryeowook the pain he had caused him. In all honesty, Kyuhyun selfishly wanted Ryeowook for himself and only, but what he wanted the most was for Ryeowook to be happy and he knew that this could only happen if Ryeowook stayed away from him.

That night Ryeowook had decided to check up on Kyuhyun, but when he went to his room, Kyuhyun was not there. Cold sweat started forming on his forehead and his whole body started shaking.

“It’s almost 3am. Where in world is Kyuhyun? What if something had happened to him? What if he had an accident? What if…”

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the main door of the dorm closing abruptly. His whole body froze and after some seconds he came face-to-face with a very drunk Kyuhyun.

“Where were you so late?”

“None of your business!”

“It’s my business, when you are my boyfriend!”

And this simple statement had Kyuhyun laughing manically.

“You call yourself my boyfriend, when you don’t even act like that. Go to Tiffany. You seem way happier with her anyways.”

Ryeowook was dumbfounded.

“Are you even listening to yourself? You think I would actually leave you for Tiffany?”

“Haven’t you already done that?”

Tears had already started forming on Kyuhyun’s eyes. He continued.

“But it’s okay to leave me for her. I don’t deserve you anyways. The only thing I’m good at is making you miserable.”

Tears kept streaming down his eyes until he felt a pair of arms wrapping around him safely.

“You don’t make me miserable, not in the least. I had a nightmare the day you woke up from your coma and in that nightmare you had died after the accident. And do you know what had happened to my nightmare self? I became a madman, I caused Super Junior’s disbandment and I also died 3 years after you at the same day of your accident.”

Kyuhyun had stopped breathing and was looking intensely into Ryeowook’s eyes, but did not say anything.

“I am stupid for staying away from you all these days. But you know why I did that? Because I am too afraid of losing you, because I simply love you way too much.”

“Then why keep your distance from me, if you love me as much as you claim to?”

“Because I remember fighting with you that morning before the accident and I’m afraid that I’m going to lose you one day because of my stupidity.”

Kyuhyun did remember fighting with Ryeowook that morning before his accident and he had hated the fact that he might have left this world without holding Ryeowook for one last time in his arms. He simply did not want to leave this world if he had not spent the final minutes of his life with Ryeowook. At that point Kyuhyun was hugging Ryeowook back tightly and he slowly leaned in to whisper in his ear.

“Tell me you love me.”

Ryeowook took a deep breath and looked deep into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“I love you”

And with those three words he kissed Kyuhyun’s lips softly. Their lips started moving smoothly against each other, when Kyuhyun broke the kiss only to whisper against Ryeowook’s lips.

“Say it again…”

“You are the love of my life, Cho Kyuhyun. I love you.”

Ryeowook crushed his lips once again against Kyuhyun’s lips, savoring the way his lips tasted against his. They were soft and intoxicating. Ryeowook’s lips slowly parted allowing Kyuhyun to slide his tongue inside his mouth and taste every bit of the hot cavern. Their tongues were battling against each other, while Kyuhyun’s arms were wrapped safely around Ryeowook’s waist, pulling him closer to his body. A soft moan left Ryeowook’s lips, as he felt Kyuhyun trailing wet kisses against his cheeks, slowly moving to his collarbone and neck.

Ryeowook had missed this sense. Feeling Kyuhyun’s lips softly on his neck, he instinctively threw his head back, giving him more access on his neck. His eyes were tightly closed and his hands were running through Kyuhyun’s hair, ruffling it playfully.

“I missed you so much. I cannot think I will be able to ever live without your touch.”

Ryeowook managed to mumble within deep and shallow breaths. Kyuhyun started trailing love marks against Ryeowook’s neck and collarbone and mumbled against his hot skin.

“I won’t ever leave you, even when I die I will rise up from the dead just to be with you, my love.”

Tears started falling from Ryeowook’s eyes as he started ing Kyuhyun’s clothes until they were both in their full glory.

“I won’t ever let you leave me. Not now, not ever. If you decide to ever leave me Cho Kyuhyun, I tell you I will follow you, even if it means that I will have to die myself to get to you.”

Τhey could both feel the overwhelming emotions surrounding them and this sensation was the most beautiful thing they had ever felt in their lives. Before the accident they made love almost every day, but it was the first time they felt so connected with each other. Maybe, it was the accident, that made them realize the pain their separation would actually cause them –and they perfectly knew that the feeling would be worse than devastating.-

Their moves were desperate but at the same time so careful and beautiful and it felt so intoxicating that it almost was addictive. They moved in complete synch and Kyuhyun never stopped kissing Ryeowook the whole time with so much force and raw passion. Ryeowook’s nails were softly scratching Kyuhyun’s back leaving small, red marks, his eyes remaining closed until he stopped kissing Kyuhyun. He looked deep inside his eyes and whispered to him.

“Tell me one more time that you will never leave me.”

Tears were Ryeowook’s cheeks because of the intense physical and emotional pleasure he was experiencing at the moment and Kyuhyun leaned down to the tears away.

“I’ll never leave you.”

“Tell me you love me.”

Kyuhyun then leaned to whisper in his ear.

“I’ll love you for all eternity.”

And so they kept kissing and travelling into the seas of passion until they both reached their peak and collapsed together. Ryeowook snuggled into Kyuhyun’s warm embrace and leaned to rest his head against the younger man’s chest, hearing his wild heartbeat slowly calming down. They both fell into a deep slumber feeling safe knowing that the next morning the other would be there when they wake up.

The days had passed and Super Junior was preparing for an upcoming comeback. Like in Ryeowook’s dream, Hangeng had decided to leave the group because of health issues and Kibum was also never there, but Super Junior was still moving forward and was stronger than ever. Someone could actually state that Kyuhyun almost dying made their bonds strengthen.

The dorm was peaceful that morning until Kyuhyun started screaming.

“I TELL YOU KIM RYEOWOOK, IF YOU DON’T THROW AWAY SOME OF YOUR GIRAFFE PLUSHIES I WILL PERSONALLY BURN THEM TO ASHES.”

“DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH MY PRECIOUS BABIES.”

“They take up most of the space in our room. Just throw some of them away. It won’t hurt you.”

“HOW CAN YOU BE SO CRUEL TO MY GIRAFFES?”

“I am not cruel. I am reasonable. You could open a zoo with all those giraffes. Throw some away.”

“NEVER.”

“You love them more than me.”

“You are always mean to them, while they never are mean to you.”

Ryeowook was pouting.

“THEY ARE GODDAMN PLUSHIES, KIM RYEOWOOK!”

“THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY DON’T HAVE A SOUL. THEY CAN BE HURT TOO.”

Kyuhyun saw his cute boyfriend pouting and slowly put his arms around Ryeowook, kissing his nose playfully.

“Okay, okay. Stop pouting and I will let you keep your precious giraffe plushies for now.”

Ryeowook’s pout disappeared and he softly kissed Kyuhyun’s lips.

“Does that mean that you will let me buy the mama giraffe?”

“OH HELL NO!”

Little did Kyuhyun know that some days later, Ryeowook would return from Sukira with the mama giraffe with him.

Those goddamn fans.

They say that fate is a weird thing. But at the same time it’s beautiful and magical. Some people are destined by fate to always be together no matter what and this simply meant that not even death had the power to separate them.

Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Ryeowook are perfect examples of that. Because whether dead or alive they would always be tied together as if they were themselves fate’s red strings, always together and never cut away.

The end.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This took my almost 5 days to actually finish it up. I have serious KyuWook feels all these days and I did not manage to stop myself from writing this one. It's been a long time that I've written a complete fanfic -more than a year- and honestly it feels so good that I've been able to finish even just one. It's my very first post on asianfanfics and also my very first kpop related fanfic -since all the ones that I've written in the past were all anime related- 

I hope you actually did enjoy it! Also, excuse any mistakes, since english is not my first language.