Marry Me

Marry Me

-2 years ago-

Steven had his eyes closed. He sat at a table in front of his favourite cafe and enjoyed the feeling of the salty breeze on his skin and the relaxing sound of the waves in his ears. University had been way too stressful lately so he had welcomed the idea to meet with an old friend. And now he had been stood up by that exact friend. His phone vibrated.

“Sry can't make it. Sth came up.”

Steven looked at his phone in annoyance. This was a joke, right? He didn't take the time to text back, just turned off his phone and looked over to the beach. It was in that moment that he saw her and she walked into his life like the beautiful angel she was.

His head went dizzy. Was this real? Was she really just standing there looking for a place to sit down? His knees were shaking slightly and he almost tripped over his own feet when he stood up and offered her the spare seat at his table. The words came out in a stutter, barely recognizable but Taeyeon just smiled. It was endearing to her and she gladly accepted the offer.

 

-2 months ago-

It was a sunny afternoon. They were walking on the surprisingly empty beach, their fingers intertwined.

“I love you, Steven”, she said suddenly out of the blue, “and I am so happy that we have met.”

He smiled and felt his cheeks blush a little. Even after dating for almost two years his heart still missed a beat when she looked at him like that and said these words. He pulled her close and kissed her gently.

Was this the right moment? He asked himself, his eyes closed, feeling her soft lips moving against his. Probably not, he thought and separated their lips, but he wouldn't wait any longer. He went down on one knee, holding her hands in one of his while pulling out the ring that he had been carrying around for the past few weeks with the other.

“Taeyeon, I love you too. Every day I look at you and feel so blessed to know you. You make me the happiest man alive and I can't imagine my life without you anymore, not even for a second. So, will you marry me?”

She smiled her broadest smile, threw her arms around him and kissed him. “Yes! Yes, of course I will.”

 

-Today-

Steven wasn't quite sure if he could believe it. He stood in front of the altar at the beach. It was the same beach where he had first met her. It was the same beach on which he had proposed to her. And now he would marry her in this exact spot.

When he heard the music begin to play and the guests whisper silently, he couldn't stand it any longer and turned around to look at Taeyeon. She was striding down the aisle wearing the most beautiful white dress that hugged her figure perfectly. Her lips curved upwards into the happiest smile when she looked at Steven and he was the only person she could see.

He stared at her, swept away by how stunning she looked.

She walked over the white sand like a fairy and Steven just wanted to shower her in kisses and hold her close, but that would have to wait until after the wedding.

They said their vows and exchanged the rings and finally it was that moment.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

His heart probably missed a beat as he looked into her eyes and the realization hit him that this was actually happening. He gently cupped her soft cheeks, slowly bringing her closer for the kiss.

“I love you”, she whispered right before their lips connected.