END

Insomnia
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Another short work that I've managed to come out with after getting ideas. You'll have to thank Hyomin for that. Planned for it to end with a happy ending but my broken MinYeon heart thought otherwise and shouted "ANGST", so I ended with 2 endings once again. Hope y'all like it! Do comment! 

 

Author's POV

The digital clock by the bedside had the numbers lit up in red. It was 03:00AM. Although it was almost the end of spring and it won't be long before summer drops by, the weather's still quite unpredictable. Just a few hours ago, the weather was a little hot and hence cause Jiyeon to turn the air-con on before sleeping, but now in the middle of the night dark clouds were drawing in and strong winds were blowing. It won't be long before the sky starts pouring. 

Jiyeon flipped from left to right in her bed and finally decided to get a drink in the kitchen. Grabbing herself a hot cup of camomile tea, the girl went off to the balcony and sat there. While enjoying the strong cool wind blowing on her face, the younger girl can't help but wonder what's troubling her tonight. Ever since returning from Jeju yesterday something had been up her head all night. But the answer was pretty clear. 

The reason why she was unable to get any sleep was because of one person. Her Hyomin unnie. 

They younger girl had been puzzled by the way Hyomin was acting around her recently. There seems to be this barrier around the both of them, preventing them from interacting and engage in any conversation that would last more than a minute. It was at times like this where Jiyeon would miss those days where T-ara shared a dorm and she would chat all night with Hyomin in their room. 

As the younger girl sank deeper into her own thoughts she can't help but recall what happened while they were in Jeju earlier. It was nothing big, to be honest it wasn't anything anyone would notice. But Jiyeon was very affected by it. 

Hyomin didn't talked to her for the whole day. Although it might seem normal for anyone since everyone was busy or paring for the performances, but Jiyeon couldn't believe it. She was still baffled by the fact that her Hyomin unnie didn't even struck a single conversation with her for a WHOLE DAY despite being in the same waiting room, the same taxi, same plane, sitting side by side for more than an hour.  It was a big deal for Jiyeon. 

Thinking about what happened earlier, Jiyeon can't help but frown unknowingly as she stared blankly at the view before her. Taking another sip of the hot tea, the girl felt her phone vibrate, a sign of a notification. On the screen it showed that Hyomin had just posted a photo on Instagram. Jiyeon lazily swiped her phone to take a look and saw that it was a scenery of Jeju that her Hyomin unnie taken earlier. 

As the girl places her phone down, the phone buzzed again. Hyomin had posted another photo, Jiyeon can't help but feel a little worried for her unnie. It was not the first time Hyomin went on a posting-spree on Instagram in the middle of the night. Jiyeon knew that her unnie's case of insomnia wasn't getting any better. 

"Unnie, what are you doing, posting pictures in the middle of the night? It's late, go to bed now!" Jiyeon typed into her phone and commented on Hyomin's latest post. 

Jiyeon tried to wait patiently initially however as time passes by there wasn't any reply from her Hyomin unnie. The girl stared blankly into the scenery before her as she becomes impatient. A flash of lighting followed by the loud roar of thunder broke the girl out of her trance. 

Jiyeon took a phone and gave it a quick glance, still no reply. The girl let out a sigh and noticed that her cup of tea had gone cold. The sky lit up for a quick second, letting out another loud cry and raindrops started falling. In mere seconds it was raining cats and dogs. Jiyeon scurried back into the house and closed the sliding glass door to prevent the rain from coming in. 

Jiyeon sat down on the sofa in the dark living room. The girl ruffled her hair in frustration, never had she felt so restless. She tried breathing in and out and closed her eyes, hoping that a short meditation might just do the trick to clear her head and prepare her for a good night sleep. But things just wasn't going the way she wanted. 

Jiyeon collapsed on the sofa as she gives up on meditating, just then the phone buzzed again. Jiyeon took her phone swiftly and looked at what the incoming notification about. A video was posted by Hyomin just a few seconds ago. 

Jiyeon clicked on the notification immediately knowing that her Hyomin unnie had the habit of posting something and deleting it immediately. 

The video showed a street that Jiyeon recognised immediately; it was somewhere near where Hyomin stays. The video also showed raindrops falling down from the sky in slow-motion. 

Piecing the information gathered from that short 30 seconds video, Jiyeon figured that her unnie must be outside taking a walk at this timing. 

It would take roughly 15 mins for Jiyeon to get to wherever Hyomin's at, and that's if Hyomin didn't wander off somewhere else.  The younger girl got herself a large umbrella and ran out of the house immediately. There's a need for the younger girl to see Hyomin right now and maybe talk?

Jiyeon made her way quickly to the street where Hyomin took a video of earlier. Glancing around, Jiyeon's eyes search the place throughly. But Hyomin couldn't be seen. The rain was pouring heavily than before and with the lack of street lamps around to illuminate the whole area, vision was difficult for the younger girl. 

As Jiyeon was busy looking at one direction for her Hyomin unnie, the girl found the view before her lighting up and a shadow of her casting down the streets. Jiyeon realised that there was an incoming car from her back, the girl turned immediately to the source of light but got her vision blinded by the light. 

For that one second, Jiyeon felt her body getting rooted in the ground as chill ran down her spine. The girl was trying to figure out whether this is gonna be the way she would die. 

There was a strong tug on her right arm and Jiyeon found herself being pulled away from the street roughly. And instead of getting knocked down by the car, Jiyeon found herself falling on the pavement along the road, on top of somebody. 

"Ouch!" The t

Please log in to read the full chapter