Chapter I

Crack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark looked at the archangel dumbly. He's called an angel, sure, but to be an actual angel with wings and all things divine, he must finish a mission that is directly given by God. And that is to be a guardian angel, for the mean time, of a girl named Wendy.

"But humans have their guardian angels the moment they were born, right?"

The archangel stared at him before answering his question, "Well.. That's the case," Mark never saw an angel, much less an archangel, fidget before but here's the said being doing the exact thing, "She's not human."

"What? What is she then, a fairy?" The archangel gave him a dirty look. "Okay.. Okay, what is she, then?"

"Vampire."

"A vampire?"

"Yes. She was born without a guardian angel."

"Well I think I can do that." Mark is pretty confident.

"Have I mentioned that you're going to be in your human form as you guide her? And that you have to convince her that you're an angel."

"You should've told me earlier."

"And that's not al--"

"Wha--"

"You will have to kill her with your dagger. And she must die willingly. After that she's going to be born as human."

"For real..."

"I don't joke around, Mark. You know that." He sighed. Wow. He never expected that. "And the Almighty One is only giving you three months to finish your job. If you fail to do so, you'll be a lost soul forever."

"How am I going to survive there?"

"You already survived before, surely you will survive now. When you're finally on the human land, people will have a memory of you. Like you've always been around. And all you have to do is worry about your mission. Three months is not a long time."

It won't be too hard. At least he can tell that to himself. The only way to make his poor heart feel better. He can't imagine being a lost soul. He can't imagine roaming around the earth as some useless soul. He can't imagine feeling the emptiness as he does that. No. He has to succeed.

"Now close your eyes..."

"Who am I going to be on earth?"

"You have always been Mark." And that's his cue. He closed his eyes. Tightly. And even though his eyes are tightly closed, he can still see rays of bright lights.

And when he opened his eyes, a pair of dark orbs is staring at him. "How many times do I have to tell you that sleeping in my class is not allowed?"

He was sent out of the room and he has no idea but he's actually quite thankful. But weird enough, he has a memory of people around him, too. And even the whole campus. Memories that he doesn't own is running in his brain. It was almost scary but he knows that he has no reason to. The Almighty One is helping him out. It was the heavens' work.

 As he was walking around campus, since that's the only thing he can do at the moment, he saw someone sitting by the fountain. He just ignored it at first, thinking that maybe that person was also told to go out of his class, but he decided to approach the other student after a while because he's just bored.

"Hey dude!" He called.

"Excuse me?" The person faced him, looking at him weirdly, and a bit annoyed.

"Oh sorry, you're not a dude. I just thought..."

"Just, stop it." The girl interrupted him. "Ugh, this school and their annoying freshmen." She uttered to herself then left. Mark was left shocked by that.

"Wait! I'm really sorry about that, I thought you were a guy because your hoodie is covering your hair, and not to mention your hair is also hidden in that cap." He called again. "and also, I'm sorry that I annoyed you, but I'm not a freshman. I'm actually a senior."

"Oh really? How come I don't know you? I know every single person in this campus. From the students to all of the staffs, from the tip of their fingers to the scent of their blood."

"Uhhh... Sorry?" Mark's really weirded out right now.

"You should've seen the look on your face." She replied, expressionless.

"That's supposed to be a joke?" He asked sarcastically. Who the hell tells a joke that way, totally expressionless. Seriously? But instead of answering, the girl just ignored his question and just asked another question.

"Really, are you some kind of foreign exchange student?"

"I already told you, I'm a senior here. In fact, I know everyone here, except you. Who are you?"

"If you know everyone here, then you should know who I am. I've been a student here since I was a kid."

"Then you should know me as well, if you're really a student here."

"Ugh, whatever." She just gave up. She stood up after a sec then whispered something under her breath, "I hate humans."  and that hit Mark right into his senses. "Oh darn it! Of course!" He thought. He turned around immediately. "Hey, what's your..." She's gone! "Of course, she could be the one! Why didn't you realize that earlier, Mark?" He annoyingly said to himself. "I just need to know her name just to make sure, who knows how many of her kind is surrounding this place." Just then, the bell started ringing, interrupting his thoughts. "I'll just go back to class for now, maybe I'll get to see her in one of my classes." He added.

While on his way back to his next class, someone called him from behind. "Yo Mark!"

"Jackson! What's up?" He replied to his best bud.

"Where have you been, man? I've been looking for you."

"I was just walking around. Mrs. Swenson kicked me out of class, remember?

"Oh yeah, totally forgot. Come on, next class is about to start. We can't be late for this one." They made it just in time before their professor arrives.

After three hours of class, they are now headed to the cafeteria to grab some lunch.

"Hey Wang, do you still have classes to attend to this afternoon?" Mark asked.

"No, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter