Tentry #4

His Prince (TaeTen)

"Ten?," I heard Taeyong hyung call me.

 

We're on our beds now, both ready to doze off. I moved a bit and tucked my head off the bed and looked at him.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Why are you here?"

 

I was surprised and taken aback. "What? Because you brought me here?"

 

He shook his head. "Aniyo, not that. Why are you here in Korea? Is it not fun in Thailand?"

 

I went back to my original position and heaved a deep sigh. I still can't answer that question yet. It took a moment before I spoke. "No. It's fun in Thailand. Really. The place is beautiful too. The people are friendly. There's nothing you can ask for."

 

"So why are you here then?," he asked again. He's not letting this go.

 

I thought quickly. "Because I want to try something new. New culture. New adventures. Everything. I hear so many good things about Korea that's why I went here first."

 

"Really? I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.. with me. Maybe one day I'll tour you. When we're both free. How about that?," he gladly offered.

 

I smiled to myself. Why.. He's really a kind person. "Sure! Uh, hyung?"

 

Now, it's his head that suddenly appeared just on the side of my bed. "What is it?"

 

I turned to my right so we can face each other. I stared right into his deep eyes. "Why are you like this? This is the first time we met but it seems like you trust me already. You're so good to me."

 

There, I voiced it out.

 

He smiled. I felt something within me but I shrugged it off. "When I saw you at the airport, you look like a lost kid who doesn't know where to go. Like you let go of your mom's hand and you don't know the directions. You seem so innocent and kind. And I wasn't wrong." I chuckled. "I don't know if I should be offended when you called me a lost kid." Again, he laughed.

 

"Well, just being honest." I shook my head.

 

"Yeah. Whatever you say. Don't you want to sleep?"

 

"I want to talk more with you." I threw my pillow at him.

 

"Stop kidding and sleep. You got classes tomorrow." He just scratched his head and went back to his bed. "Good night, Ten."

 

"Good night, hyung."