Chapter 3

GOT7ing

 

 

Jinyoung’s POV

 

“Allysha, how does this look to you? Too dressy?” I asked. She turned around to look me up and down and my face flushed a bit. I pursed my lips in anticipation for her approval.

“Why are you dressed like a grandpa today?” she chuckled. I pulled my cardigan close to me and made a face.

“Why I never…”

“You should never.” She laughed. I grinned brightly to myself. Lately I had been feeling some type of way towards her. Since the day I met her, I knew I’d enjoy her being around. I liked her. But she was so fixated on JaeBum that I knew I’d have no chance. I still wanted to be there for her. So I had to be the best best friend I could be…. “Do you want me to pick something out for you?”

“If you wanna…. I mean, I could easily get something else to wear…” I said looking around my room.

“I like those checkered Vans.” She said looking at my row of shoes placed neatly and orderly in a row by my closet.

“Yeah?” I said pointing to them and picking them up. “I’ll wear these today then.” I turned to my closet and immediately began to pick out another outfit. In the corner of my sight, I could see her putting makeup on Youngjae carefully. She seemed a lot happier than usual. She was normally very grumpy. Not that I minded. She was only that way around JaeBum. Speaking of him…

“Hey, when do you want me in for hair and makeup?” he walked in with a big smile. Not that it wasn’t normal but it was rare.

“In a little bit. I’m only gonna do your makeup though.” She replied.

“Okie dokie. Should I wait in here or the living room or….my room….” He said lowly.

“You pick.” She chuckled.

“I’ll be in my room then.” He winked before slipping out the doorway. I frowned and looked back at Allysha before taking off my grandpa sweater and folding it.

“What the hell was that?” I said to myself. I ed my shirt and took it off to change into a plain faded black tee. I rolled up the cuffs on my khaki skinnies and slipped on my Vans.

“Jinyoung-ah, put the denim jacket on.” She said not taking her eyes off of Youngjae.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I said sarcastically. I could hear her growling and I smiled. “There she is! You were way too happy for my taste.” I buttoned up my denim jacket and closed up my closet, reordering my shoes so that they looked neat. I sat on the end of my bed and watched her finish Youngjae’s makeup before she started on me. I replaced Youngjae with myself and leaned forward with my eyes closed. A small smile spread across my face as I thought about her touching my face.

“Ok first of all…..back all the way up.” She chuckled putting a finger on my forehead and pushing me back into my seat. “Whoa wait, come here…” she grabbed my chin and brought me closer. I opened my eyes to stare into her big hazel eyes and the rest of her facial features. “Your stubble is growing back again pretty quickly…”

“I just shaved yesterday though…”

“Then go shave again.” She patted my cheek. I did as I was told quickly and then returned to my seat. “Baby smooth.” She said rubbing my chin with a smile. That made me smile bigger than I meant to. She began rubbing the primer on and then she concealed the area where my stubble grew so it wouldn’t show through the makeup. She was so good at her job. Especially being a foreigner, she did well for herself and I admired that. She worked hard and deserved to be happy. Even if it wasn’t with me…

“So…what’s up with you and JB now?” I asked trying to make small talk.

“Um…we’re…good. Better actually.” She smiled turning red a little.

“Better how? Did he ask you to be his yet?” I asked. ‘Please say no, please say no…’ I thought.

“I mean….sorta…”

Damn…’ “What do you mean ‘sorta’?” I tried not to sound upset.

“I mean he told me he liked me and he wanted to keep me around….then he kissed me.”

My heart shattered. “Wow. That’s progress, huh?” I said slightly melancholic.

“You don’t sound too thrilled.” She chuckled. ‘Trust me, I’m not.’ I thought.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt. His anger and your anger don’t really mix well and although the fights are pretty small now, they could get worse. You should be with one of us who don’t get on your nerves so much.” I said boldly.

“You all get on my nerves.” She chuckled.

“Well, one of the ones who don’t get on your nerves as much.”

“Like who?”

“Like…Yugyeom is a sweet kid… but he’s too young for you…Youngjae is about your age…Mark maybe…….or me….”

You?”

“Yeah me.” I said. I instantly regretted opening my mouth. The more I did, the deeper the hole I dug myself. “I mean…. I’m not terrible….and I’m not exactly repulsive…I’m pretty nice, I think.”

“What are you trying to say, Jr…” she said looking at me wearily. I chose my next words carefully.

“I’ll let you figure it out on your own.” I said with a cheeky smile. I caressed her cheek for only a moment before standing up to leave. I think I told her how I felt. Or at least hinted at it. I think she’s smart enough to figure it out. I just felt a little bit nervous about how she would take it. I didn’t want anything about us to change at all. I just wanted to keep being her “metaphorical husband”. Whatever that means….

 

Allysha’s POV

 

I sat in the corner of the karaoke room as the boys sang at the top of their lungs. Or yelled rather. I looked at JaeBum who clapped and smiled looking the happiest I’ve seen in a while and then at Jr who was generally always happy. He yelled along with the other boys and shook the tambourine until it could no longer be shaken. All of a sudden my head began to hurt. I frowned as I watched the boys jump up and down with no control and just yell all over the place. I’ve been confused ever since my conversation with Jinyoung. I knew maybe I could be reading into it too much and I dismissed it for a big portion of the night. I joined in on the singing and stuff, even with my headache. Jinyoung suddenly tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear.

“We’re gonna go grab some snacks. You want anything?” I blushed a little when his lips grazed my ear lightly.

“I uh… just bring me whatever…..and some water…please.” I responded softly. He smiled that radiant smile that caused those small wrinkles to appear at the corner of his eyes. He patted my shoulder and left with Yugyeom. I took a deep breath and looked at JaeBum as he scrunched his face cutely before returning his attention to Bam Bam, Mark, and Jackson yelling absolute nonsense.  Jackson grabbed my hand and yanked me in front of the mic when the 2ne1 songs began to play and we sang our hearts out until Jinyoung and Yugyeom returned with snacks. I sat down with JaeBum on one side and Jinyoung sat down on my other. I ate my snacks nervously and sipped my water before they passed JaeBum the mic to sing a beautifully popular ballad. I let his voice take me away from all my problems until Jinyoung put his arm over my shoulders. I looked over to see the boys with their arms over each other’s shoulders swaying. I played along and let my body sway with the others. When he finished, the boys screamed and that triggered a sharp pain in my temple. One of the ones that make your eyes tear up a little bit. I leaned my head in my hands and sighed. Both JaeBum and Jinyoung placed their hands on my back to make sure I was ok.

“You alright?” Jinyoung asked. I nodded lightly.

“My head just hurts.”

“Yah! Yah! Let’s bring the yelling down to 2, yeah? If you wanna sing, sing normal.” JaeBum ordered.

“No, no. Let the boys have their fun. They don’t get to have these yelling outlets often. I’ll just go home. You guys keep singing.” I said grabbing my jacket and straightening out my skirt. I walked out the door only for someone to grab my wrist.

“Babe, you don’t have to go. The kids will understand. They can quiet down a little.” JaeBum said.

“JB, just let them play. Let them be loud. I’ll just go home.”

“But Allysha-“

“I’m tired…JaeBum. I need a nap and I can’t do it here. I’ll see you guys at home, yeah?” I said. He bent down and kissed my cheek then caressed it lightly before going back in.

“Take it easy.” He said. With that, I turned to go home. I hit the bed as soon as I got back to the apartment. I huffed to myself as I closed my eyes. I pulled out my phone to text my cousin and maybe ask for some meaningful family advice. I explained the situation to her and after a few moments I received a text.

Well….. who has the bigger ?

I gasped and burst into laughter. I groaned as I face planted into my pillow.

You’re no help at all. But thank you, Jazz….

I figured that if just maybe I closed my eyes, then I’d have no problems when I woke up.