Chapter 1

GOT7ing

  

 

Allysha's POV

 

“Allysha, will you listen to me for once?!” JaeBum snapped as I pushed him toward his room.

“No! Go put your clothes on. You have to meet Jackson and Jr at the pavilion in an hour.” I said in an uncaring manner, abruptly closing the door after him and immediately heading to my quarters of the small dormitory. I heard a small sigh as I passed through the living room and I paused with a scoff. “What Jin Ri?” I mumbled as I continued. Her small footsteps followed behind me as she fixed her long black hair.

“You two. At it again with the arguing.” She said. I scoffed as I turned to my room that I shared with Youngjae and Jr. Youngjae looked up from his computer game with an open mouth and made a face as I patted the top of his head. “Seriously though, we all know you like each other there’s literally no reason for the two of you to be acting the way you do. You just get so uncaring—”

ME? Uncaring? Pssh…. Whatever. The boy is a ing stone wall. He acts like he the only one with problems.” I snapped as I picked up my black and red leather jacket and pulled it over my body.

“Noona, he’s doing the best he can.” Youngjae said not taking his eyes off of the computer. I sighed.

“You honestly believe that, Jae?” I snickered putting on my coke white converse as he nodded his head. “You’re adorable. Finish the match and put some clothes on then come see me so I can fix your makeup, yeah?” I said ruffling Youngjae’s hair. Jin Ri shook her head and she raised an eyebrow as I passed by her to grab my black Nine Inch Nails beanie on the way out. I opened up my kit just as JaeBum entered the living room. He sat down on the couch next to where I was setting up and I continued to ignore his presence.

“Allysha-”

“Shut up.” I said cutting him off coldly. I heard him grunt.

“Allysha-”

“Shut. Up.”

“WILL YOU LET ME TALK?!” He snapped grabbing my wrist. I looked at him as if he had lost his goddamn mind. But I stayed quiet. My anger was just as bad as his and we both knew how bad it was when we were both mad. Neither one of us would say sorry and neither one of us would think we were wrong. “The schedule took longer than expected and I missed our date. As an idol, these things happen, , you know that-”

“It’s whatever, JB. I’m over it. It’s another day.”

“It’s been another day for hours. I didn’t get the chance to explain myself.” He said breathing slowly to keep himself from getting too heated.

“And like I said. It’s another day. I no longer care.” I said. I settled for his excuse as a lame apology and the look in my eyes briefly told him that I was fine. That was how it went. No sorry’s. Just excuses and understanding. “Close your eyes.” I told him. He did as he was asked. I put primer on and color corrector on his “weird spots”, concealed small zits and red bumps. Then I put a bit of foundation in the palm of my hand and literally slapped him. “…” I said with a faint grin. He looked up at me and his expression softened a bit as the corner of his lip turned up. I continued to do light makeup on his face. When I was finished, I picked up my brushes to go clean them. JaeBum grabbed my wrist as I walked away and placed his hands on my shoulder to kiss the top of my head briefly before walking away. I walked into the kitchen and began to clean my brushes before Youngjae came out.

Within the hour, I had done everyone’s makeup in time for them to head to the KBBQ pavilion to film GOT7ing. The sweet scent of beef and pork filled my nostrils and when we arrived, Jackson and Jr were already starting on eating the food. I stepped back and watched the boys be just as normal on camera as they were off. As they fed each other, they giggled and punched each other around, bantering about. Jackson then began to talk about when JaeBum took care of him when he wasn’t an official trainee. That reminded me of when I started out as a makeup artist for Miss A before getting assigned to GOT7 permanently. It was quite hard. The girls didn’t really like me much and I often went about by myself after doing my job to make them as pretty as possible. JaeBum was the first to console me. He was the first to sit by me and have lunch casually. That was when I fell for him. His hard exterior and stiffness. His sweet and caring and cold and militant personality. When I got assigned to GOT7, he stayed by my side until I felt comfortable with everyone. He was a good leader and that was why he was where he was. I sighed and grabbed a cola before walking outside to get some fresh air.

I lit a cigarette and began to puff it lightly. I really hated smoking. It was just something to do. Put me out of my misery faster. I had maybe two or three before my second can of cola. Just as I started to light my fourth cigarette, a hand reached out and snatched the stick from between my lips.

“YO WHAT THE LITERAL….oh …” I looked over to see a fuming JaeBum. I forced a chuckled and leaned over the railing, looking over the lake shimmering in the park lights as I took a sip of the cola.

“What did I tell you about these things?” he said holding the cigarette near my face. I looked the other direction and scoffed.

“Aren’t you supposed to be inside filming?”

“Allysha…”

“What?!” I snapped looking at him in an annoyed way before looking out on the water again. He sighed and in my peripheral I watched him rubbed his eyes. He leaned on the railing so close to me that our shoulders were digging into each other’s. I watched as he snapped the cigarette in half and put it in his pocket. Then he held his hand out in front of me. I glanced down at his open palm and back at him. “What?”

“Give me the rest of the pack.”

“No!”

“Allysha.” He said firmly. I rolled my eyes sipped my cola, ignoring his request. He groaned and pulled me close before he dug his hands into my pockets. I fought him off as best as I could but he snatched the pack out of my back pocket and the spare cigarette I kept behind my ear. He pushed me off before walking to the trash can and dropping them all in there.

“JAEBUM!”

“ALLYSHA!” he mocked.

“I ACTUALLY PAID FOR THAT, YOU KNOW!”

“Yeah, your body is paying for it, too. You know they’re not good for you.”

“Yeah! I know! That’s why I do it!”

“Yeah and when you keel over from lung cancer, what am I gonna tell your family? What am I gonna tell your friends? There are people who care about you….I care about you. I wanna keep you here as long as I can…. So stop killing yourself, yeah…” he scolded. How sweet. He cares about me.

“You sound like my mother.” I grinned to myself.

“Maybe you should listen to her every once in a while.” He said genuinely. He leaned back against the rail and watched my face carefully. As if he’d miss a detail if he blinked.

“Why aren’t you inside?”

“We’re taking a break from filming for now. I’m gonna go back inside in a few. I just wanted to check and make sure that we were alright….” He said inching closer to me.

“We?”

“Yeah…we.”

“Well….I’m fine.”

“And so am I.”

“So then I guess we are fine.”

“Alright then.” He said with a huff of relief. He turned to look out at the water once more before ruffling my hair as he left. I scoffed before finishing my coke. I crushed the can in my hand and tossed it in the can effortlessly. I looked up at the sky as I backed into the entrance of the pavilion. The stars were much more visible in Korea.