[soojungtaemin]

flux: an anthology of art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 2356 hours to forever [/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] 

15 seconds and counting. He forces himself to not draw halos above Seulgi's head right now, laughing at some comedian falling off the chair in the tv. It's beating the walls of his heart all over again. There you are, Wonwoo. I found you.

Seulgi has a thing for slapsticks but she never applies it to anyone around her. She pinches herself instead as the comedian in their TV stumbles on another guy with Chaplin's moustache on the floor. Not a single second did she spare her glance to him, despite her hand keep coming in to the bag of Lays in his hand.

This is Seulgi and her antics of ignoring him whenever she's focused on to something. She doesn't even realise that he has stopped watching and stare at her neck, white and waiting to be rested by his head (she'll move away when she's focused on her TV though). He doesn't really care if he's the taller one out of the two, he has his days when he just wants to rest there, in the crook of her neck, in the spaces where he can remain as her secret.

30 seconds and still counting, Seulgi finally turns to him. "Why are you not watching it?"

If he says that he'd rather watch her all day long, she will only laugh it off and take the bag of chips in his hand and turn back to the TV. Probably hiding her flustered face or cringing to herself. Ew.

"It's not funny."

"Well, you have a weird sense of humor, that's why," she sticks out the lower part of her lips while shrugging her shoulders.

"But you laugh at my jokes too."

"Sometimes-"

"You still do."

Seulgi raises both of her eyebrows to him with a small smile, and really, thirty seconds is enough for him to know one of the reasons he loves her.

 

Δ

1 hour: wanting to stop time and just stay here forever.

Seulgi had pestered him so they can have a picnic somewhere, out of the blue. He was taking an afternoon nap when she whispered "Earth to Jeon Wonwoo," and pressed her soft lips long enough on his neck until he woke up. He intentionally pretended to sleep because her lips made his skin warmer and he wanted to pull her under the sheets beside him. Let's just stay home and lay in my arms won't you?

She noticed and ended up shaking his body awake. "We're going for a picnic!"

And he doesn't regret dragging his feet to change his clothes and drive them to the park, really. Especially to have the chance laying on Seulgi's lap, below the shadows of her neck and her eyelashes peeking down at him. It's summer and Seulgi wears something that shows the curves of her chest and even though it's not as visible as the girls in magazines and videos he shouldn't read and watch, it still draws the wonders and the dizziness in his head. 

His hand reaches out to touch her cheek. She looks gloriously breathtaking today, soft brown tresses falling to her chest and keep getting tucked away as the wind blows by.

Touch. Wonwoo's hand lingers around her cheek and below her eyes, fingers long enough to reach the upper part of her nape and trace the line.

Up and down, Seulgi closes her eyes. Wonwoo keeps his open, watching the love of his life falling asleep consciously. 

"You're such a light sleeper," he mumbles, soft and warm and home and she smiles again.

"Less than you are, for sure."

 

Δ

 

1 second and he already wants to flee from this room. This is insane. His friends are insane. Why are you still with her? Isn't she like a bit screwed in the head? Isn't she possessive?

Possessive my , it's him who is like that to her. Even subtly, but she must have noticed it. 

"You don't own me, Wonwoo."

"I never try to."

A pause. "You do seem act like it."

He sighed. "I'm afraid you're going to run away from me, someday."

A frown on her face grew into confusion, then another smile.

She touched his hair. "I don't run, Wonwoo. I bolt," he was not sure if she was joking or she was really going to leave him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter