Chapter 1

Red Carpet Affaire

Eva pushed the dark sunglasses down her nose as she stared at the carousel turning round and round with no sight of her luggage on it. The tall dark man next to her shifted, feeling her agitation. She was use to the stares by now, it not only came with her drastic fashion statements that she made every day, but she was also one of the only white people standing in Seoul National Airport. 

 

Her gaze accidentally met a giddy girl’s across the way and she gave a squeal at having met the bright blue eyes of the foreigner. Huffing in annoyance she pushed her glasses back up her nose and sagged into her companion ignoring the fact that all of the spikes on her clothing might be stabbing him. 

 

A chuckle rumbled through his chest as he patted her head. “Patience, we just landed, it takes more than a few minutes for them to unload the luggage.” She wrinkled her nose at his logic but she couldn’t help that she was somewhat in a bad mood. For the first time since getting her Masters Degree at La Grande Encour, the most prestigious fashion school in all of Europe, and spending the last five years slaving away at making her name the first name mentioned on all movie sets, magazine sets, and red carpet events, she had finally taken a vacation, only to have it be interrupted two days in. 

 

She pulled away from her companion, glaring at him through her dark glasses. He was garnering them just as man stairs as she was, being dressed in his dark tailored suit. The pants hugged his legs, but not tight enough to make them look too small, the crisp crimson shirt was tucked in and secured with a black Armani belt. Over his shoulders was a three quarters long over coat of thick black wool that ended right behind his knees. His early greyed locks were slicked back and curling at the base of his neck and a small pair of black wire glasses accented his face. As if sensing her looking at him he looked down and shot her a smile, giving her a slip of fang. She rolled her eyes and him and faced forward again, standing next to her was none other than Father Sebastian, the most renowned Fang Smith in all of the world. 

 

Their circles had crossed when Eva was young and looking for trouble in all of the wrong places, and Father Sebastian had guided her to less trouble but still enough to let her taste the danger she had thought she wanted. He had been a brother figure for most of her life, mentoring her through those rough teen years, and urging her to follow her passion for creating dramatic fashions into college. 

 

Eva herself made quite the statement wherever she went, the opposite of what everyone was expecting when they looked upon the delicate fairy like gowns she created for the rich and famous. Her platinum blonde hair was in a mess of loose curls looking artistically styled although it was really from being on a plane for twelve hours. Her dark aviator sunglasses pushed up to hide her azure blue eyes that were flecked with hazel. Her features were small and pixie like, something that annoyed her, because it made her look more cute than overpowering. Her frame was the same as her face, very slight, she barely cleared five foot, something that was very drastic next to Father Sebastian's six foot height. 

 

A spiked collar was tight around her neck with a strand of real black pearls dripping between her s. The shirt she had on was an black teeshirt that had been cut so that it had slices running down the front laced into each other to pull it tight against her body and show off the lace bra she wore beneath. Her studded leather jacked was draped across her shoulders, the weather not chilled enough to make her fully want to put it on, but she shrugged it higher up anyways. Her black leather pants clung tight to every inch of her lower half, making her curves stand out nicely, and well worth the three minutes of hopping around she had to do to get into them. 

 

She shifted her weight and cocked one hip out to the side the thigh purse on her hip standing out nicely. It was from one of her dear designer friends in LA, Jungle Tribe they called themselves, and she always made sure to wear at least one piece of their clothing. The bag strapped around her waist and the bag fell against her thigh, a lower strap wrapping around her inner thigh like a holster. The bag itself was leather that had been worn in nicely but still a black as the day it became hers, aged skeleton faces pushed out from the leather and spikes jutted out randomly. And finally on her feet were quite possibly one of her favorite possessions, her one of a kind black leather boots with a real aged leather that felt soft and supple yet still would protect against any fall into the ground. The heels were platformed to make her seem even taller than the six inch heels, but at the back of the shoe instead of a stiletto was a figurehead, one like on the front of a ship. The woman’s arms held up the heel of the shoe and her bare chest arched forward and her face was covered with a cloth. The woman’s legs were bare but surrounded but small pieces of skeleton that fell all the way to the ground making a small circle of bones at her feet, the base of the heel that was walked on. 

 

So standing in Seoul National Airport next to businessmen and women, young college students, and any random travelers, Eva and Father Sebastian stood out quite starkly. A flash went off to her side and Eva glanced over the top of her glasses to a group of young girls that were looking at her in surprise, next to her she heard Sebastian chuckle. 

 

“I think they like you.” He murmured lowly as he placed one hand to her back and guided her closer to the carousel, grabbing one of his bags as it came towards them. 

 

“I think I should have stayed on vacation.” Eva fumed as a more flashes went off, no longer worrying about being discreet about their photo taking of the foreigners. “I mean honestly what couldn’t be so important that Chaerin had to interrupt my time in the sun!”

 

A loud barking laugh came from Sebastian as he smacked her shoulder, avoiding the spikes on her jacket. “You? Time in the sun?” He hefted his second bag from the carousel and placed it next to the first. “My darling the entire time we were in the Bahamas you spent inside the hut ordering massages and cocktails, I don’t think I saw you outside before sundown the entire time!” 

 

Grumbling under her breath about him being right Eva reached forward and went to snag her first suitcase, Sebastian smacking her hand away and grabbing it for her. She glowered at him but didn’t press the issue, he liked to maintain all of the old rules of chivalry, as much as it annoyed her it was also nice to be treated like a lady. Only a moment passed and her second matching suitcase was lifted off and placed next to her first, both of them black with skeleton faces pressed outwards from the hard cases. Skeletons, dark, death, black, anything that mainstream would consider “goth” was her. But she didn’t consider herself “goth” instead she found the term annoying, her style was dark, her style was simply her.

 

Grabbing their bags they turned towards the exit of the airport looking for someone holding a board with Eva’s name on it, towards the end they found a group of three men, one in front holding a sign with Eva Miragon written in big letters. Her swagger slipped into full “badass” mode, as she would say, her hips rolling side to side with each step and her head held high, bathing in the attention Sedation and her were garnering from everyone they passed. She stopped before the man holding the sign with her name on it and pulled her sunglasses down. 

 

“Are we going to check into our hotel first or does The Queen need me now?” Her perfect Korean threw the men off and they all bowed lowly to her before replying. 

 

“We have orders to take your baggage to your hotel, but to send you to headquarters first ma’am.” The one holding the sign said and the two other men stepped forward to take their bags and began to walk away with them. “If you will please follow me.” The man quickly lead them out of the airport lobby and to the curb where a white van was waiting for them, luckily it was as incognito as the rest of the shuttle vans so no one was crowding around it and they quickly slipped into the van and on their way towards downtown Seoul. 

 

Eva slid the dark aviators up her face to hold her curls back as she walked into the lobby of YG Entertainment, open in slight awe. She had never actually been to the headquarters of one of Korea’s top production companies, instead they always sent their talent to her or sent Eva to wherever the talent was at that time. Beside her Father Sebastian hid his awe much better with a small nod of approval as he ce in a circle. The building was a work of architectural art, made entirely of one way windows so that those inside could see out but those outside couldn’t see in. A glass staircase descended up five floors right in front of them, but she knew that the building had no less than fifteen floor from looking at the outside of it. 

 

“If you’ll follow me this way.” The from the airport bowed once more and lead the way under the staircases towards a hidden elevator, pressing the button for the tenth floor. Eva took this moment in the mirrored elevator to look at her makeup, haphazardly thrown on during their flight from the Bahamas to Korea. Her eyebrows were still mostly there and her dark kohl eyeliner had smudged into her eyeshadow. Using her index finger she blended it out a bit more to make her eyes look smokier and more purposefully done, rather than from carelessness. If there was one thing that Eva hated it was to overpowered by someone, and Chaerin Lee was one of the very few people in the world that made Eva feel that way. 

 

The commanding Korean beauty always had flawless makeup, always. Even when Eva had demanded her presence at ungodly early hours when inspiration had struck and she had arrived minutes after a phone call, she would arrive with perfect makeup and put together. Not that she could really fault the pop star for having her perfection down to a simple art, if she was on display for an entire country every day of her life Eva would no doubt have her more together than it was now, but as things stood she was merely the designer that clothed these icons. 

 

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open, halting their group’s exit from the elevator was another group trying to enter. Five men stood in front of the elevator, each of varying fashion, height, hair, and attitude. At the front stood one in particular that claimed her attention his dark hair and dark eyes staring directly at her, their gaze meeting and unblinking. After a few heartbeats of connection he bowed slightly and the group moved to the side. 

 

“Excuse us, sirs.” Their bowed to the group waiting for them and ushered Eva and Father Sebastian out of the elevator and down the hall. Eva made a point to swing her hips a little more and shift her curls over one shoulder as she strutted after their , giving whoever was watching behind her a very nice show. She flicked her eyes to the side to see Sebastian glance behind them and chuckle. 

 

“I think you have an admirer my dear.” His whisper was close to her ear and she couldn’t keep the smirk from sliding onto her lips. If that man was at YG headquarters he had to be important, but important didn’t always mean off limits, and limits were what Eva liked to push. 

 

The end of the hall only had one doorway and the man with them knocked twice before pushing it open. Eva hadn’t even stepped through the doorway before she was almost knocked on her , the full frame of Chaerin Lee being thrown full force at her in a hug like none other. 

 

“Eva!!!” Her shriek of delight bounced off of the walls as she clutched Eva’s slight form close and attempted to crush the air from her lungs. Eva returned the hug for seconds before she slapped her friend on the back to get her to release her. Taking a deep breath Eva stepped back and looked up at her dear friend from Korea, none other than the queen of Kpop, Queen CL.  

 

“Long time no see.” Eva smirked at CL and braced as the woman rushed forward once more, then time sweeping Eva off of her feet and spinning her around. 

 

“Ya!” Eva barked annoyed, she hated being picked up, and smacked CL on her perfect little head. “You may be my unnie but that doesn’t mean you can man handle me!” CL placed her back down on the group and gave an impish bow as she backed away slightly. 

 

“Sorry, it’s just been so long…”She trailed off as her gaze flicked onto Eva’s companion for the first time. “Ohhh who is this?” She asked Eva in Korean, her eyes raking up and down Father Sebastian. 

 

“Chaerin this is my dear friend Father Sebastian, Father Sebastian this is Chaerin Lee, or CL, the queen of Kpop.” Eva introduced and Sebastian swept forward to grab CL’s hand, his lips brushing across her knuckles in an old fashion greeting. 

 

“A pleasure.” Sebastian purred in his rich thigh English accent and Eva rolled her eyes, her friends could be adults and do what they wanted but if got awkward she would get pissy. 

 

“Anyways-“ Eva cut the attention back to her. “What exactly was so completely demanding that I cut my vacation short and fly to Korea?” 

 

A grin split CL’s face in two as she grabbed both of Eva’s hands. “I need a dress!” She exclaimed like it was the most important piece of information in the world. Eva stared blankly at her for a minute, her mind processing the initial rage, then calm, then logic, then back to rage that ran rampant through her in seconds. 

 

“You interrupted my first vacation in over ten years for a dress?” Eva’s voice was so soft it was just above a whisper, her eyes were hard like ice. She liked CL more than most of her friends or clients, but she wasn’t above walking away right now. 

 

As if sensing the anger rising in the small woman in front of her CL placed her hands on Eva’s shoulders. “I need a very special dress, one that I will be wearing to… the Seoul Music Awards as a brand new performance. It will be a live performance of a never before heard song!” Eva’s anger slightly diminished as she comprehended the words that her friend had said. She would be making a dress for a surprise performance, one that would not only set CL another notch above the rest of the Korean music industry but would also make her a large name in Korea. 

 

“Alright….I’m listening…” Eva finally murmured and CL cheered in delight wrapping her arms around the small woman once more.