Move In

Move In - Jungkook

The cool air brushed past your warm skin as you stepped out from your warm apartment into the night air. Chirping of crickets filled your ears while your fingers fumbled with the keys inside your pocket, grasping your keys, you fingers moved over the cool metal keys, thumbing through them nervously as you tried to look around for any familiar surroundings.

Lifting your eyes to the different apartments, trying to find some sort of number to get your barrings as to where you were.

Your pace was slow and unsure as you wondered around the blocks knowing that your apartment had to be here somewhere. Retracting one hand from your jacket pocket, you slid your hand into the pocket of your jeans, finding a crumpled and worn piece of paper, you lifted it from your pocket and gingerly unfolded to see the slightly smeared ink among the soft lines of the page.

Reading over the address then looking around, you found no street signs and nothing looked familiar. Running your fingers over the crumpled, soft paper, you let out a soft sigh into the night air.

Your slow steps halted, slowly turning around your tongue slid over your lips, wetting your lips slightly while your mind tried to go back to what you had seen earlier when you had left your new apartment. Dropping your eyes down to the folded paper in your hands, you read over the address once more before something knocked you off balance.

A strong hand wrapped around your arm, keeping you from tumbling to the asphalt.

“I’m so sorry” The voice of a young man caught your attention, opening your eyes, you turned your head towards the origin of the voice.

“Are you okay?” His follow-up question was kind and sweet, his hand holding onto your arm until you were able to find your balance once again on your feet.

“I’m okay” You reassured him with a nod.

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you there” The young man’s eyes wondered up an down your form making sure that you were really okay and not just blowing him off.

“It’s okay“ You replied shortly, your eyes dropping back down to the slip of paper before lifting your head to see him still standing there, your eyes stopped on a young man, not over twenty years of age.

The man’s eyes wondered around your face, his tongue gliding over his pink lips.

“I don’t think I have seen you around before” He commented as you nodded

“I just moved in actually” You kept your voice low hoping he wouldn’t ask where you lived.

“Oh really? Where?” The young man’s eyes brighted with curiosity as you mentally hit yourself for not telling a fib.

“Somewhere” You kept your answer vegue as he could tell that something was bothering you.

“Do you need help finding your house?” He questioned playfully, a smile pulling tightly on his lips.

“I think I can manage” You gave him a reassuring smile, helping boost your confidence a little as well.

“Alright” He smiled as you bowed to him and walked off, your eyes continuing to wonder from the building back to your paper. Following you to get to his house, the man just smiled.

“You sure you aren’t lost?” He teased lightly

“I’m sure” You looked over your shoulder at him before you came to the end of the apartments not seeing your number. Sighing, your shoulders hung low, turning around you saw him standing there.

“I can help you find your place if you want” Jungkook offered as you knew it would be the best for you to just get home.

“You aren’t some creepy stalker, right?” You teased back

“Nope just a playboy” He teased, “I’m kidding” seeing your eyes widen.

The two of you continued to walk through the abandoned streets together, his laughter and yours echoed through the barren streets. Slowing his pace, he turned and looked up at the three story brick building that he assumed was yours.

“Look familiar?” He questioned, his eyes turning back to yours. Brightening almost instantly, you could see your room and your little dream catcher you hung up against the pane of your window.

“Thank you so much!” Your fears were quickly taken over with joy and happiness. “You found it!”

“I’m glad I could find it” Jungkook giggled, his hands slipping into his jean pockets feeling the night air dip a few degrees.

“You better head inside before the nightly storm rolls in.” He advised, your eyes moving from your apartment window back to his eyes.

“Ah yes…” You nodded, as he bowed and started to walk away, “Hey” You called after him. “Thank you.”

“Anytime” Jungkook smiled sweetly at you before he turned around and began walking back towards his apartment just a block down from yours. A few strides away from you, he heard the metal gate open as he turned around to see you slipping your key back into your pocket.

“Hey, if you want to… you could come and tag along with some of my friends on karaoke night.” His offer caught you off guard, turning away from the gate you saw his slightly distant figure highlighted by one of the street lamps.

“I’d like that” You smiled back at him as he nodded and turned around, heading back down the street, you headed up to your place with a smile on your lips happy to have met the nice stranger.

The next morning came quicker than you expected, bright sunlight lit your apartment as you rubbed your eyes and sat up from your make shift bed that you made up on the floor. Standing to your feet, you rubbed your eyes and headed towards the kitchen to try and see if there was some extra snacks over for your breakfast.

Boxes lined the walls as you just saw the hours of work ahead of you. Sighing softly, your eyes trailed over the exposed floor to find a ripped paper just in front of the entry door.

“What’s this?” You questioned to yourself as you went over and investigated the note. Kneeling down, you picked up the folded note and smoothed it out between your fingers.

Here’s my number, text me if you want to go karaoke sometime :) - Navigator

A smile curled on your lips as you stood upright, pulling out your phone, you texted him and introduced yourself. Exchanging names, he asked if you would like to join him and his friends for karaoke that night. Happily accepting, you got dressed for the day and began unpacking before another text lit up your phone.

Week after week, the two of you hung out with each other during karaoke, laughing and having fun, some of the same people would show up yet there was always new faces and new people to meet.

One night after everyone trickled out of the karaoke room for the night, you pulled on your jacket as Jungkook turned off the lights and cleaned up the room a little before holding the door open as the two of you exited the room and then the building.

“Do you mind if I walk you home tonight?” Jungkook offered as you shook your head with a smile.

“Be my guest” You zipped up your jacket and slipped your hands into your pockets as the two of you headed towards your shared neighborhood.

Usually the two of you remained silent during the walk home, once and a while talking about the silly or funny things that happened that night. Yet tonight was a little different, there seemed to be a little tension between the two of you.

“_____?” Jungkook questioned, his head dropping slightly so his eyes focused on the side walk in front of him.

“Hrmmm?” You hummed back, turning your head and observing his profile.

“Would you mind if I asked you something?” He took slightly longer strides, his head tipping to one side.

“Not at all, ask away” You watched him a moment longer as his eyes met up with yours.

“Why did you move here?” Jungkook’s innocent question pushed a weight on your shoulder. Your eyes, this time, moving away from his as your tongue ran across your lips.

“That’s a loaded question” You replied, “It’s a long story…”

“We have a little time” He smiled at you, wanting to not only get to know you at karaoke but learn more about you as well.

“Well, there were a few factors as to why I moved. One being my ex boyfriend, another is just wanting to start a new life with a new job and make new friends.” You replied simply.

Nodding along, he slightly probed you with questions unraveling your backstory slightly as you held his attention as was intrigued by you and your story.. Your life so interesting, refreshing and new to him that he couldn’t get enough.

Wrapping up your conversation, you stood by the gate to your apartment as he nodded along, his eyes watching you without fail.

“Well…. goodnight Jungkook. Thank you for inviting me, karaoke night is my favorite night of the week” You smiled at him, his eyes locking with yours while a bright smile parted his lips showing his beautiful toothy smile.

“As it is mine” Jungkook smiled, feeling some blush heat his cheeks. “If you need anything at all, I am just a call or text away”

“Thank you, but I don’t want to be a burden” Your eyes dropped, your fingers playing with the key on your key ring hooked around your fingers.

“That’s your ex talking” Jungkook replied seriously, your eyes lifted from your fingers back up to his.

Shocked that he had been listening to you babble, your eyes widened and your lips slightly parted unsure of how to form words at that moment.

“You aren’t a burden to me” Jungkook added seriously, “I wouldn’t walk you home every night if I didn’t like spending time with you.”

“True” You hummed softly

“Don’t beat yourself up, you are a cutie” Jungkook chuckled, unsure how all of these words are coming out his mouth at this moment.

“O-Oh thank you” You brought your hand up to your blushing cheeks trying to cool them down. Causing him to smile, he rested his hand on your arm and leaned over, pressing his lips onto the back of your hand covering your cheek.

“I might have to ask you out to get ice cream or something one of these times” He offered, testing the waters

“I would like that” You smiled brightly, bringing your hand down from your cheek as his hand dropped from your arm.

“I’ll call you sometime” Jungkook smiles brightly as you nodded, turning around, he looked over his shoulder a time or two as he walked away just making sure that you got through your gate and up to your room. Seeing your light turn on, he smiled and turned around, heading home to his place for the night, yet his thoughts stayed on you.

Just as you settled into bed, turning off your lamp and your apartment all organized and comfortable, just the way you like it. You snuggled down under the sheets before your phone lit up with a text. Leaning over, you slid your finger across the screen and tapped the unread message.

No one has to do anything for you, but the right person will do everything for you.