Bridesmaid met the Best Man

Bridesmaid met the Best man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


People always say that women nowadays tend to work more than finding their own partner or more precisely a husband. They said to find a working man who you can rely on in the future. Who can afford anything for you. Who got a stable job.Who this, who that.

Why can’t women be the one who can afford for themselves, instead of relying on others? Why must they keep on saying those as if women are some weak object? Why must men be taking care of everything? Can all men take care of everything? Why? Okay, fine, older people have a traditional mindset, but we are living in a modern world now. What mostly men can do, women can too.

These thought kept on running in my head for the past few years. Ever since a colleague of mine got married; year after year, my parents are now pressuring me to get married faster. I want to but the idiot hasn’t arrive yet. I’m not waiting for a Prince Charming on a white horse or something, but just a normal guy who suits my taste, who would understand me and all. The past few years I’ve been dating typical men, whose desire is bigger than their . When I said no, they would leave and go for other women. I ain’t opening my legs that easily. This shop is close, not until I found the one. A husband. 

Here I am sitting in this family gatherings; the only one single with the age of 27. Everyone has their own partners and seems to be happy; married or engaged. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for my cousins but what annoys me every gathering is that they asked me if I’m dating or not; whether I’m thinking of marriage or not. Of course I am!

“Haven’t found the one yet,” I smiled at them.

“Ooooh I could set you up with Sehun’s friend!” Seulgi looked at me, a little but too excited for me, “yes yes! You two would be perfect!” Seulgi went off imagining him being with me I guess, because she was all smiley then she looked at me.

“Omooo I can’t wait!” Seulgi chirped as she hit Sehun’s arm, her fiancé. They’re going to get married by next month.

“Seulgi, just think about your wedding, instead of setting me up alright?” I chuckled.

“Oh come on! Besides, you’re my bridesmaid and he is Sehun’sbest man!” Seulgi’s eyes were shining, I had to look away and I looked at Sehun. He smiled at me, shaking his head.

“You’re not getting away from this, you know that right?” Sehun said to me. I chuckled. 

“Soojung ah, come on, I heard he’s good looking!” Wendy smiled as she fed her son Daeul some apples. Jongdae chuckled as he stared at my face.

“Give it a try,” Jongdae oppa nodded, “I’ve met him, we played golf together.”

“Urgh golf, I hate that,” I told him, “I agreed on being Seulgi’s bridesmaid because I had to. Because I’m the only unmarried one here. I had no choice!” Seulgi glared at me and I winked at her. Irene unnie walked up to me and she tapped on my shoulder, “Hey, don’t be too picky. Just try meeting him and see what happens. If you don’t like him, then you don’t have to continue seeing him~”

I sighed, damn these cousins of mine. I looked at her husband, he was busy playing with their son, I called out, “Junmyeonoppa!”

He looked at me and he smiled, “yeah?”

He used to have a crush on me, not until I shoved him to my cousin, Irene unnie. Now he’s smitten by her, “Have you met this friend of Sehun, since Jongdae oppa played golf with him.”

“Yeah I did,” he smiled as he walked up to us, handing his son to his wife then he looked at me again, “he’s good looking but he’s bad at golf. Like seriously bad.”

“Hahah he is,” Sehun nodded, “he didn’t even want to deny it.”

“He accidentally threw the stick, instead of hitting the ball,” Jongdae oppa nodded, “and in my head, I thought of you. Remember when we played golf last year, all of us?” Then Seulgi laughed so hard that Sehun had to hit her arm.

“Sorry…” Seulgi closed with her hand, then she looked at me, “you were so bad!” I glared at her then Wendy giggled.

“I’ll take Juan to the children area,” Irene unnie said. Wendy stood up, “ohh I’ll bring Daeul too.” I looked at the two, and I smiled. They are happily married now.

“Where is Luna?” Seulgi suddenly asked and it hits me, I just realized that she’s not here. I looked around and I saw her, clinging with her husband.

“There she is,” I chuckled, “I’m pretty sure they got married like 5 months ago, and they’re still clingy.”

“Hahaha oh come on, they’re practically still newlyweds, not until next month!” Seulgi chirped. Sehun looked at her, he narrowed his eyes, “should I be worried?” I laughed at his statement.

“You should,” I told him and Seulgi giggled.

“You’re not going anywhere mister, you’re all mine!” she happily said to him and he chuckled.

“Well I have nothing to say, no other ladies would want to marry me anyways,” he shrugged. Then all the guys laughed at his statement. Then I saw Luna unnie walking up to us, with Kyungsoo oppa being dragged by her but he doesn’t seem to mind it. He was smiling at us.

“Hi!” she chirped. The usual Luna unnie.

“Hey,” I smiled, “so? How was the doctor’s appointment?” Luna unnie smiled.

“I’m 5 weeks pregnant!”

All of us cheered for them then Irene unnie and Wendy came, “what? What what!!!”

“Luna is pregnant, 5 weeks,” Kyungsoo oppa smiled. And the night went on.
 
* * *
 
1 week before the wedding day, I was asked to join Seulgi’s and Sehun’s lunch day out. They wanted to discuss about the wedding with me and apparently I’m about to meet Sehun’s best man. I look myself on the mirror in the car, fixing my hair and my lipstick. I went out of my car, and again I look at my own reflection on my car. I smiled. I look great. As I walked to the place, I bumped into a guy who was about to enter as well. I looked at him, I smiled.

“You can go in first,” I said. He shook his head, he walked in front of me, he opened the door, “ladies first.”
“Thanks, how gentleman of you,” I told him he chuckled. I didn’t stay long to chat but I quickly went on to look for my cousin. I saw her smiling at me, “Soojung ah!”

“Hey,” I smiled. Then Sehun was also smiling, but his eyes were elsewhere, “Jongin ah!”

“Hey,” he replied. I stood beside Seulgi then I looked at this Jongin person. Him.

“Come on guys, sit, sit,” Seulgi said. I took a sit next to Seulgiwhile Sehun sat across her and Jongin sat across me. Sehun went to talk with his friend while Seulgi kept on poking me.

“What?!” I whispered.

“That’s him!” she excitedly said to me, “you two look great together!” Then I looked at him, right on cue, he looked back at me. Suddenly I felt a heat creeping up to my cheeks then I looked to my cousin.

“So?” I asked.

“He’s single,” Seulgi told me. I cringed, “stop! Oh gosh.”

“Soojung ah,” Sehun suddenly called me and I had to look up at him, “this is Jongin, Kim Jongin.”

I smiled at him, “Sehun’s Best Man.”

“One and only,” he said to me. I smiled and nodded.

Then Sehun continued, he looked at his friend, “Jongin ah, this is Soojung, Jung Soojung. Seulgi’s cousin. She’s the one that I told you about.”

“Ahhh,” Jongin nodded then he looked at me, “nice to meet you Bridesmaid.” I chuckled. Seulgi was all jumpy and I had to look at her, “what’s wrong?”

“I’m just so excited that you two final met!” she giggled. Sehunhad to shhh her but he was smiling too. Jongin looked at them weirdly and I had to shake my head.

“Whose treat is this?” I asked. Sehun laughed, “me, everything is on me.”

“Yes!” I nodded, “good.” Seulgi laughed.

“Does this mean I can order anything I want?” Jongin asked him and Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Fine,” Sehun said.

“Another yes!” Jongin said. I had to laugh and he looked at me smiling, “what?” I shook my head, smiling. Placing our orders we talked some more. I can’t help but to think that he’s kind of cute, despite his dark skin than Sehun who is pale, I kind of like it more. He looks manlier with this skin tone. 

“Soojung works as a fashion designer,” Seulgi told Jongin as we were eating.

“Ooh, I can tell though,” Jongin smirked at me. I made a face and I chuckled, “what does that supposed to mean?”

“Well, dressed up so nicely,” he said. I nodded as I took a bite of my food.

“Jongin is a Marine,” Sehun added. I looked at Jongin, surprised, then it hits me. That answers his skin tone. Wow. That’s kind of y. His body is alright as well.

“I can tell now,” I smirked.

“Because I’m dark?” he raised an eyebrow, he smiled.

“Nahh. Just the way you are,” I smirked. Then it was his turn to laugh. Sehun and Seulgi then talked about what we should do during the wedding and they asked us to pick up tuxes and dresses for them and ourselves.

“Whenever suits you two,” Seulgi nodded, “and I’ve pick a beautiful dress for you Soojung ah!”

“Please don’t tell me it’s pink…”

“It’s…peach okay!” Seulgi rolled her eyes, “in any color, you still look hot!” I rolled my eyes.

“No doubt about that,” Jongin murmured before he drank his water. I eyed him then he gave me a sheepishly smiled.

“Anywayssss, don’t I have to go fitting too?” I asked.

“Yeah, the day you two picked up the dresses, then you can,” Seulgi smiled.

“What if I want some changes?” I tested her.

“Hey! I don’t want my bridesmaid is prettier than me!” Seulgipouted. I laughed at her statement. Then I patted her shoulder, “aww sweetheart, I already am.” Sehun and Jongin chuckled.

“Hey!” Seulgi glared at me then to Sehun.

“Joking sweetie,” I laughed, “you’re the bride, of course you’ll be the prettiest!” Seulgi hugged me then she whispered, “heseems to like you.”

“Shut up,” I said to her.

Sehun then looked at his watch, “sweetheart, we need to go. The florist wanted to meet us at 1.30.” I looked at my watch, it was already 1. Seulgi then nodded as Sehun stood up to pay.

“We can bring the bill here,” Seulgi said. Sehun looked at her, a knowing look then she smiled.

“Ooooh okay~” Seulgi said then she looked at me, “wait here.”

“Wait for a bit Jongin ah,” Sehun smiled. Jongin nodded as he sat checking his phone. I then too checked my phone but nothing interesting. No boyfriend remember. Then when I looked up, he was already smiling at me. Creep.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I scrunched my face, smiling.

“Have we met before?” he smirked. I laughed.

“That is sooo not working on me,” I said, “better luck next time.”

“Well I have till the wedding day,” he chuckled, “pretty sure my luck be there.” I shook my head smiling.

“But seriously, I would really need to have you number,” he flirted, “how am I supposed to text you when to meet up.”

“Hmmm, fine,” I smiled. He gave me his phone then I looked at him. He looked innocent.

“Seriously?”

“What?”

“What’s with the wallpaper?” I asked.

“What’s wrong with it?” he looked at me, “it’s cute.”

“Sinchan?” I chuckled, “ert.”

“Hey!” he chuckled, “no! I am not!” I shook my head as I typed my number and tapped dialed. My phone lit up on the table and he picked up my phone. 

“I want to write my name,” he said. I took my phone and unlocked it.

“What are you going to name yourself?” I asked.

“Duh, handsome Best Man,” he said without looking at me. 

“Well mine be…” I said thinking.

“Hot Bridesmaid,” he said.

“Rude,” I said to him but I smiled, “but sure.” He laughed. 

“So, you two seems to communicate very well,” Seulgi suddenly interrupted us. I looked up and I smiled, “you could say that. He’s not bad company.”

“Soojung too,” Jongin said. My heart lurched out when I heard him saying my name.

“Well thank you Kim Jongin shhi,” I chuckled. He winked. We both stood up and walked towards the door. I walked with Seulgi while Jongin and Sehun behind us. The waitresses stared at us and we smiled at them and they bowed. Opening the door, Jongin held it for me from behind. Damn him, he’s tall.

Seulgi then whispered to me again, “you have that on your face again.”

“What is,” I whispered back.

“The glow,” she whispered then she pulled away, “I just know.” I looked at her, “no way.”

“Seriosuly~” she smile, hugging me, “he likes you, I can tell. He can’t keep his eyes off of you.” I pulled away, I shook my head. Then I looked at Jongin, he was talking with Sehun but then he looked at me. I looked away, I blushed. Damn.

* * *
 
Handsome Best Man: when should we meet up?

Hot Bridesmaid: when are you free?

Handsome Best Man: Saturday?

Hot Bridesmaid: like a date ;-)

Handsome Best Man: you caught me.

Hot Bridesmaid: hahaha!

Handsome Best Man: so?

Hot Bridesmaid: well, why not. And it is not a date! Just work for the bride and the groom.

Handsome Best Man: damn. 

Hot Bridesmaid: better luck next time hahah!

Handsome Best Man: See you on Saturday then ;-D

Hot Bridesmaid: can’t waitttt :D

Handsome Best Man: tease :(

 
We ended our texts, but it was cute. He was cute. I shook my head as I continued designing some dresses for work the next day. Can’t wait for Saturday to be honest.
 
* * *
 
I waited outside of my apartment then I saw a BMW came to park in front of me. The window slid downwards, showing a very handsome guy.

“Do you need a ride miss?” he asked. I narrowed my eyes.

“Waiting for my husband but he’s kind of late, you’ll do,” I smiled. He chuckled as he got out, he walked up to me and winked.

“I hope he won’t find out,” he said as he opened the door for me.

“He won’t,” I smiled as went in, “well thank you fine man.” He bowed as he closed the door. Taking his seat, closing the door, then he looked at me.

“A beautiful woman like you shouldn’t be waiting outside for far too long, some man like myself will snatch you away,” he smirked.

“Well, you’re late 15 minutes,” I looked at my watch.

“I got lost,” he chuckled.

“A marine got lost?” I acted shocked, “have you got no sense of direction?!” He laughed as he drove towards the boutique we were asked to go. The talk in the car was pretty much fun. We asked each other one thing we hate and one thing we love.

“I hate golf so much!” I told him, “once I played with my cousins, damn I .” He laughed at me.

“Well, I wouldn’t say I hate golf but I’m pretty bad at it,” he confessed, “by bad I mean, serious at it.” I looked at him and I giggled, “I wonder why.”

“Well, anyway, I hate trying food that don’t know,” he said, “I tend to stay within my lane.” I looked at him, “picky.”

“Unfortunately I am,” Jongin smiled as his eyes fixed on the road. I looked at his side profile, he’s so beautiful.

“Stare more, I guess my luck is starting to spark,” he smirked, not looking at me. I looked away, “you wish.” He laughed.

“Oh, there’s the shop!” I excitedly said.
 


 
“Is this the wedding dress?” I asked. The worker smiled, “Yes, this is it. This is the suit.” Jongin looked at the suit and he smiled, “nice.”

“The dress is gorgeous!” I said.

“You two would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter