Because Zhou Mi Is New

Because Zhou Mi Is New [Moments of a Broken Life]

Zhou Mi is hauled up before a man dressed in black, covered in soot and black with bruises. His hair is matted with dried blood and red marks cover his face. He can barely talk and his entire left eye is purple.

Zhou Mi is in a bad position.

The man at the desk thinks so too, raising an eyebrow at Zhou Mi's state, flicking his eyes up and down, viewing his long legs and thin body, his perfectly sculpted cheekbones, and his once sparkly eyes.

Zhou Mi is gestured to sit down, and he does so, sitting on the edge of his seat because any further in will make his bones scream in agony. 

There's a yell from outside and a scream, then a quiet chuckle that seems to echo. The man standing behind the desk just flicks his fingers and the chuckle stops. Instantly.

Zhou Mi is taken outside, and two men outside in the hallway stare at him, then move back to where a boy is sitting, crouched on the floor, crying. There's a flash of a whip and the boy struggles again, but Zhou Mi can't watch anymore because a man is moving towards him, stripping him of his clothes, and leaving the poor boy lying on the ground, motionless; no strength to cry.

Zhou Mi is hauled off into a strange room, and there's no room to lie down or curl up, and only a small blanket to hide away from the cold and this day. His cuts are beginning to hurt, the numbness wearing off and the dirt getting into them.

It's not long before a grunt is heard outside and the small boy is crying again; but a small yelp soon silences him and it takes all of Zhou Mi's willpower to not scream, get the attention away from the little boy, because he needs to get out of this, and quickly, before he dies in hell, or whatever this place is, he has to get out.

A man comes to collect him before it even starts to get light outside, and Zhou Mi passes a dimpled man leading a broad shouldered man down the corridor, and another with a shock of blonde hair leading another.

What place is he in?

Zhou Mi is lead into another room where he spots the young boy settled in a corner. He half looks up hopefully and lowers his head down again but his face is black with bruises and his eyes are dull like coals, lost the sparkle that Zhou Mi has only just lost.

Zhou Mi can't even imagine what this boy is going through.

But through of all of this, the boy his head, his eyes scrunching up and his mouth quirking into an almost smile when he spots Zhou Mi. He looks like a puppy dog, about to be taken for a walk, or wanting to, and never getting one.

The boy doesnt say anything, just lowers his head in fear when he spots the men in black. 

Zhou Mi doesn't understand; doesn't get where he is or what he's doing.

Zhou Mi's lost, in a world of lies and deciet, fear and struggle, never to come out again. 

____________________________

What the did I just write? Q__Q