What the--

You Who Matter The Most

Nothing feels better than having a break in the middle of week. But I have no idea what to do since it’s only Thursday and I didn't have much money in my pocket. Most of the girls decided to go to the mall. Only Chunga and Nayoung Eonni would stay here with me. I already told them I’d go somewhere, though. But I still don’t know where to. I searched for some parks online and turned out we have none near. So I decided to jog around our dorm. The clock showed 06.48 a.m, still cold, but I guess there’s already enough light by now.

            I ran for some rounds then I walked fast after I lost most of my energy. It took me minutes to realize that I have to take care of my health more careful. I used to run more than 10 rounds, now I didn’t even finished sixth round. So I decided to exercise more and took a cab to our studio. Not my current label’s one. Jellyfish’s one. I’m glad I’m still allowed to come because somehow, it felt more familiar and welcoming for me.

            After I arrived in front of the building, there’s no security there so tried to opened the door. And…it’s locked. I sighed and stood there for awhile, not knowing what to do. Until I heard someone called my name.

            “Sejeong-ie? Is that you?”

            I turned to see the source of that voice, I have quite a bad eyesight and that person was still severel meters away from me.

            “Oh, it’s you! What are you doing here this early?”

            I just bowed automatically and when I stood straight again, I can see a tall dark-skinned small-faced boy in front of me, “Good morning Sunbae.”

            “Wow, it’s been a while since I saw you bare faced like this.”

            Damn! He’s right. I forgot to bring my mask. But it was N sunbae, he’s fine with it right? So I just smiled in response.

            “So, what are you doing?”

            “I don’t know. I thought the security ahjussi would be here and the door is open. I guess I could use some exercise inside the dance studio.”

            “Why don’t you use your studio?”

            “Oh, I didn’t know I have a studio now.” I hate it when people treat me like an outsider like this, like I was never a part of this company.

            “Come on, you know that’s not what I mean.”

            “I like it here, I miss practicing here. Can’t I?”

            “Aww…who do you miss the most?”

            “Isn’t it supposed to be what, and not a who question?”

            “It’s up to me, I was the one asking,” did he just wink at me?

            “Well, it’s you whom I missed the most!” I said jokingly.

            “I knew it! I’m gonna tell everyone after this, you can’t take back your words okay?” he pulled out something from his pocket and walked towards the door, “I almost regret betting 10.000 won just for you to say that,” he mumbled loud enough while opening the door.

            “Gosh! Sunbae, you had the key? I was freezing out here!” I rushed inside the moment he opened the door. But wait, I turned back to him who had just finished closing the transparent door, “what did you say again about betting?”

            He was staring at me for seconds…then he smiled. Suddenly, I feel warmed up inside, “never mind,” he said as he walk passed.

            “Eiii…Sunbae…come on~” I even sing a bit there.

            He chuckled yet still walking ahead me. I keep pestering him like a five year old girl whining to get money for candies, until we reached the studio, “here we are. Go ahead and use it all you want. The schedule board wasn’t tagged by anyone or any group today.”

            I pout and furrowed my eyebrow at him. Although I eventually gave up. I didn’t even know why I did those thing to him just now.

            He grabbed my shoulder and pushed me to the middle of the studio facing the huge mirror there. Now I feel like a dwarf having 20 centimeters gap of height. We stood there in silence, but it’s not awkward at all. And well…I guess he realized that we were staring at our reflection way too long now. He released my shoulder from his grip and smiled, “can I watched?”

            “What?! You’re the dumbest ert I know, Sunbae,” I elbowed his rib right away.

            “Ouch! You don’t have to do that, silly!”

            “Aw!” In a split of second he grabbed my hand and LITERALLY bite me, “you son of a mother!” I tried to turn and get my revenge when he laughed and pulled my hair hard until I almost fell on my back if he didn’t catch me on time. Or, was he holding my back all this time? But the shock wasn’t over. He suddenly kissed my cheek and pushed me back up, “See you, silly”.

       And just like that, he ran out of the room. Leaving me confused there…

            “What the-“


It's short, I know. But I hope it describes a bit of my heroine's personality. See you in next chapter ;) Wish you guys the best of luck for today.