Fly with me~

Fly with me

 

 

‘-so in the end I’m going to have to be the flying squirrel and Jongin will be the bear.’

‘You’ll be the squirrel.’ Chanyeol nods, repeating absentmindedly. He takes a sip of his coffee, his eyes glued to the documents he’s been studying.

‘I can’t believe that the flu is still spreading in the neighbourhood, I thought that the virus has already died down.  As a consequence, two of my little elves have to stay at home, yet the show must go on.’

‘The show must go on.’ Chanyeol confirms, flipping the page.

 ‘I’m so bad at crafts, I think I’ll just get an animal onesie from gmarket. They should deliver it by tomorrow if I pay extra for the shipping.’  Baekhyun looks up from the tablet to the man seated on the opposite side of the table.

Chanyeol nods along, still not really paying attention despite the prolonged look that he is on the receiving end of.

‘I’m eloping with Jongin, he pushed me into the janitor’s closet the other day and we made out for half an hour. It was awesome.’

‘I’m sure it was.’ The red head keeps nodding, biting his pencil. He’s looking through the proposal again, hoping he’s covered all the loopholes in the agreement. This contract will either make or break his company on the Japanese market and Chanyeol wants to demonstrate nothing but absolute professionalism on their part.

‘You’re not listening to me, Yeol.’ Baekhyun approaches the other side of the table and unceremoniously places himself on his taller lover’s lap, forcing the latter to finally look up.

‘Huh?’

‘I said, you’re not listening to me at all.’ The pout lasts three seconds before Baekhyun breaks into a comforting smile.

‘God, I’m so sorry, honey. You saw how many nights I’ve spent working on this project. In three days it will all be over and done. I promise. Let’s go on an overnight trip next weekend. I know it won’t make up for all this time lost, but I’ll try nonetheless.’ Chanyeol sighs, his palms running up and down Baekhyun’s sides in a smoothing motion.

‘It’s fine. I don’t mind. I know you must be really tired.’ He presses his forehead to Chanyeol’s and they just stare at each other for a moment, their smiles confirming their silent understanding.

‘The play is the day after tomorrow…’ Baekhyun starts again, but Chanyeol lowers his eyes, embarrassed.

‘I don’t think I will be back until the evening that day, Baekhyun. I’m so sorry.’

‘It’s ok.’ Baek tries not to show his fallen expression, lips stretching into a somewhat forced smile. ‘It’s work, can’t be helped.’

I feel awful. I know it’s the first time you are in charge of the year-end performance and how  important it is for you. I’m so sorry.’ Chanyeol looks truly apologetic and Baekhyun just shakes his head.

‘I know that if you could, you’d be there for me. It’s the thought that counts. And anyway, I’ll still force you to watch the DVD later on and you better be honoured.’ Chanyeol laughs at his tiny lover’s self satisfied smirk and squeezes his waist tighter. There is a short pause, before Chanyeol says:

‘So… You’re going to be a squirrel?’

‘A flying one.’ Baekhyun confirms, still smiling.

‘That’s absurd. You’ve always been my princess since the day I met you, that role would fit you better.’ The giant sasses and earns himself a light whack in the arm from indignant Baekhyun, which makes the former laugh even more.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Somebody looks nervous.’ Jongin laughs and Baekhyun abruptly turns around to face him.

He’s been peeking through the curtain to see just how many families would actually turn up and it’s far more than expected. Even though the young teacher is perfectly aware that they are in kindergarten and the adults came to see their offspring act and sing – and even if his little elves do nothing but stand there, they will still be their parents’ precious babies – he still feels quite uneasy. Directing the play and preparing the music was one thing, but Baekhyun has never really been one for public performances. Moreover, he simply doesn’t want to ruin the experience for them with his own clumsiness.

Jongin pulls the curtain away a little to see the crowd for himself.

‘Oh, isn’t that Chanyeol hyung?’

‘Huh?’ Baekhyun, who  is about to step away, looks surprised. He takes a peek again and indeed, it’s hard to miss Chanyeol, making his way through the sea of proud mothers seated at the audience. With his flaming red hair, tall frame and expensive looking three piece suit, he looks absolutely out of place. ‘He told me he wouldn’t come back until this evening.’

‘Looks to me like his plans might have changed.’ Jongin smiles, glad to see Baekhyun relax a little. ‘Come on, you can talk to him after the play. It starts in five minutes and half of the little beans is still not in their costumes.’

 

 

 

 

 

‘Chanyeol.’ The said man looks up from the gigantic squirrel plushy that he’s held this entire time and which Baekhyun didn’t notice before. He sets it aside and extends his arms, which Baekhyun rightfully interprets as an invitation for a warm hug. They kiss sweetly. ‘I thought you wouldn’t be able to make it…’

‘I told you that I’d always try my best for you. We finished the negotiations yesterday evening and then I took the 6am plane from Oosaka. I had to wrestle some guy for the last ticket, but it was worth it. I didn’t even have the time to change, as you can see…’ He looks around , laughing a little, since he’s already attracted more than enough stares since his appearance. He looks back to Baekhyun. ‘Anyway, the play was amazing and you were the best flying squirrel I’ve ever seen in my entire life.’

Baekhyun laughs loudly, but blushes in both pride and happiness.

‘You have no idea how much it means to me that you could come.’ He looks over his lover’s shoulder. ‘Is that plushy for me?’

‘I think you have enough toys at home. Let’s leave this for your precious little elves to play with here.’ There is a certain amount of ambiguity and teasing in Chanyeol’s words, which makes Baekhyun slap his hand over the taller’s mouth.

‘Shut up, there are children here!’

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s your indecent mind that’s playing tricks on you.’ Chanyeol laughs, but bends a little to catch Baekhyun’s lips in a kiss again. Then he adds in a whisper. ‘You know, I wouldn’t mind the rendition of that musical number that you wrote later at home, with the costume and all… except that this time, the onesie is all that you’ll be wearing.’

 

 

A/N: Upvote if you liked? :)