Soulmate (I)

IceDeer Library (YoonSic One-shots)
((Yoona))

I closed my eyes and stretched some  limbs.
6 pm hmm.
I went out of my office and saw that it was already dark outside.
I locked my clinic from inside, put up the "Closed"  sign and went to my place, just upstairs.
"Mama?" 
When I heard no answer, I went to the kitchen and saw that she prepared dinner for me.
"Curry.." I smiled to myself.
Mama never forgets my favorite.
I went to my room and saw her sleeping on my bed.
Fixing the blanket on her, I closed the blinds of my room and left quietly.
I went to the rooftop. It has a good view of Gangnam.
My home has three floors.
The ground floor for the clinic, the second for my own place and the rooftop for my garden.
I sighed. A few more hours and it's the 24th of December already.
I hugged myself tight as the wind blows harder. 
Winter. But I chose to feel the coldness rather than wear a coat.
I felt tears rolling down my cheeks when I smelled a familiar scent.
And as expected I felt her arms hug me from the back.
"You forgot to turn the lights off downstairs."
I wiped my tears as I faced the person behind me.
"It's cold up here, lets go down. I'll prepare you coffee."
I quickly turned to the rooftop's door and aimed to open the door.
"Yoong..."
It's almost Christmas, she shouldn't be bothered.
"Unnie, let's go." I turned to her with a smile.
She smiled back and held my hand, squeezing it tight.

❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇

((Yoona))

"What are you doing?" 
I heard the bathroom door closed.
"I'm fixing Mama's bag. Someone came back earlier and I had no time to go upstairs. She insisted on cleaning the house that she forgot to pack your things for tomorrow."
They'll be spending their Christmas with Tiffany unnie's family.
"Aren't you coming?" She asked as she sat beside me, drying her hair.
"I told Tiffanny unnie I can't. And you and Mama have to go home. You can't hog my house just because there's free coffee here." I tried to joke.
Jessica unnie loves coffee.
"Yoongie..."
"I told you I have to go to a patient tomorrow right? I'll try to pass by tomorrow night but I'm not sure if I can, I won't be home until midnight..." I tried to convince her.
"Okay, fine. But you need to come at 26th, no buts."
"Sica unnieee."
"Or else you won't get your gift." She meronged at me.
"Unfair~~" I threw her the couch pillow.
"Yah!"
"Sssh. Mama's asleep." I giggled at her and she slapped my arm.
"You little kid. Come here."
She pulled me close and hugged me tight.
I wrapped my arms on her waist and buried my face on her neck.
"I love you mommy shark."
"I love you too baby shark."

❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇

((Jessica))

"Does Yoongie don't really go out at winter?" Tiffany asked me.
We're sitting at the living room while her siblings are playing Crossfire upstairs. 
Auntie and eomma are preparing food so we're alone.
"Yeah, allergic?"
She chuckled at my joke as she drank her hot choco.
Tiffany's like family to me.
We almost live half of our lives together.
I live with my mother alone after my father's death.
Our relatives are too far so we celebrate almost all holidays with Tiffany's family.
Even if I want to celebrate Christmas with Yoona, she just keeps on withdrawing herself.
"Why did she insisted on being left here instead of being with her father?"
"She loves being alone. And... She thinks her family's better off without her. All they know is she's still in Europe, studying. They don't even know that she's back and already has her own clinic." I sighed.
She thinks she's toxic for her siblings. A bad influence. Someone who was never good enough.
"Good thing she never push you and auntie away every time you go there."
"She's the one who insisted it. She promoted the idea you know. I always go home late and eomma has no one with so she told me that eomma can stay with her while I'm out since her clinic is just downstairs."
"Why didn't you tell anything to her father? They might be missing her."
"I promised Yoongie. I cannot betray the only person who was there for me and eomma when no one was. Even our relatives didn't even bother to visit eomma when she was having a hard time. Only Yoona was there for us. For me."
"You've become really important to her. I remember her being all shy with us. You know when her father was our manager, she just sits at the corner like a body guard. I'm glad you were able to make her open herself up to us. When her father resigned as our manager, I'm glad she stayed as a member even if it became hard for us since we have no manager anymore."
"I miss our band. I'm sure Yoongie misses them too. You know, she've become our maknae."
"We can perform on cafΓ©s some time when we're all free. I know a friend who owns one. Tell Yoongie."
"I will." I smiled. 
We met her when her dad became our bands manager before.
We're glad that he accepted the job since it became very hard for us to perform in gigs without a manager.
At first, Yoona was very shy. She's always with her father but she never became really open to us.
We became friends since she started being a sub when Tiffang cannot perform.
Our closeness became like sisters when we were talking one night. We discovered that we experience same things and that we're both damaged. 
I never met someone that could actually understand.
The band is the only place where Yoona can be herself. After we graduated, she was left alone since she's years younger than us.
She entered the band when she was 16 and I was 23. 
Now she's 28 and a psychiatrist while I'm a bank manager.
"And oh, are you gonna go home after? Pass this to Yoongie later."
She gave me a paper bag. A gift probably.
"Later?"
"I saw her on the rooftop earlier when I bought drinks that's why I asked if she doesn't really go out. She seems lonely."
That was around 4 pm. Did she just lied to me?
"Uhm Tiff, can eomma stay here... I think I forgot something at Yoongie's house."
"Sure sure. Tell her my regards."

❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇

((Jessica))

No one's at the rooftop and it's past 11 pm already.
I saw her room blinds open.
So she's here.
I got my spare keys and opened her clinic since it's the only way to get upstairs.
I quietly went up and saw her in the living room, sitting alone the the couch with a coffee in her hand.
She's staring at nowhere and not even watching the movie she's playing.
I turned off the tv and got the coffee from her.
Cold. She didn't even drink the coffee until it turned cold.
I sat beside her even if she's not looking at me.
"You lied to me."
"Sorry."
"Yoongie."
"Can I hug you mommy?"
I opened my arms and let her hug me.
Her hug tightened as I wrapped my arms around her.
12 mn.
"Merry Christmas, baby."
Soon I felt my shoulder getting wet.
My heart broke. I felt guilty.
"I'm here, hush now. You're not alone. I'm here. Sica unnie's here."
I continued to hug her until I felt her steady breathing against mg chest.
I lay her down the couch and wiped the tears on her cheeks.
"I'm sorry Yoongie. Mommy's sorry. You focused to much on helping me. On making sure I'm happy that I forgot you feel the same way too. That you're suffering too. You helped me heal and I did nothing but to add to your problems. I'm sorry I can't be like you that can absorb problems. I'm sorry that most of the time you're being the unnie between the both of us. I can't promise anything but I won't leave you Yoongie. You're the only one I have. My baby, my little sister, my friend, my unnie... Merry Christmas Yoongie. From now on you won't be alone. I won't let you be alone."
I caressed her cheeks as I sobbed quietly.
I saw her slowly opening her eyes.
She frowned and sat up.
She wiped my tears and sighed.
"Unnie, wae? Kwaenchana? What happened?"
"Nothing, nothing."
"Are you sure? I'm sorry earlier, I shouldn't have bothered you. It's Christmas and I made you cry."
"Yoongie, for now think about yourself. You've done so much for me. Please let me do the same for you. I should stop being selfish thinking that I'm more damaged than you do. I know you're hurting too. If you need time for yourself, tell me. You don't have to force yourself whenever you're hurting just to make me happy."
"Unnie, I do have problems. And it's my decision not to tell you because I know that you have too much too. I know how hard it is for you because I cure people with the same problems. I shouldn't be feeling this way since I'm a psychiatrist already. I know how should I handle myself and you don't have to worry. As long as you're happy, it makes my heart happy too. You're all I have right now. You and Mama. I know you're not my family by blood but you never left my side. Even if tires me, if your smile is the last thing I'll see then I'll keep going every day just to see that smile."
I hugged Yoona tight.
She never failed to make me happy, to make me feel important. She's like the sister I never had.
"I'm so blessed to have you, Yoongie. You're the best gift God has given me."
"Not Donghae oppa?" She teased.
"Yah!"
"Aigoo, when will you two are getting married? I want siblings, mommyyy..."
My eyes widened and I pushed the pillow to her face.
"Yah! You choding!"
She began laughing and I stopped for a moment.
Seeing her happy is a beautiful thing. I did not get to have a chance to appreciate her, a beatiful woman inside out, because I focused too much on how the world ruined me and hurt me. What did I do to be blessed by a friend like her. 
I don't want to see her crying anymore. From now on, I'll fill those spaces in her heart that I forgot to do from the past years.
"Unnie?"
I hugged her and smiled.
"I love you, Yoongie. Thank you for everything. Your mommy shark loves you. I'll never leave, I promise."
"I love you too unnie. Thank you for not giving up."
After I release from the hug, I stood up.
"Unnie, are you going back already?" I saw her frown.
"Ani, WE are going back. Come on. The band's waiting for you." I offered her my hand.
"B-band?"
"Aigoo, your Tiffany unnie and your oppas are waiting. Let's go~ palli~"
She held my hand and I made sure to held hers tight.
I would never let go of this hand. 
I'll make sure to hold her tight through thick and thin.
Even if we'll have our own families.
She will always be my only baby shark.

❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇END❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕❇⭕