Final

Crushes & Sketches
Please log in to read the full chapter

Crushes & Sketches

written by: bluefloral

***

Eyes trained on the individual laughing by the tree below, a skilful hand gently gripped the pencil he was holding as the little thing took note of every line, curves, and forms needed to make its owner’s drawing more realistic.

Pausing his actions, he lifted his gaze and saw how the other fished something out from his backpack before giving it to a boy he was talking with. A nicely wrapped gift box was being presented and the artist’s grip on the pencil tightened at the obvious affection shining on his subject’s eyes.

Ten had always thought that his classmate for nearly eleven years, Lee Taeyong, was more beautiful than any flower, now more than ever, as the other sang ‘Happy Birthday’ in an obnoxious manner to his friend/boyfriend (honestly, Ten doesn’t know which fits better though the latter is making his heart ache for some reason) Jaehyun.

He closed his sketchpad, feeling all his focus and inspirations gone down the drain just because his love interest was paying more attention to another boy, head tilting back to rest it on the wall he was leaning on with his eyes closed.

He released a loud sigh which was a combination from all the pent-up tiredness that dragged on from the past three years with this unrequited love, tipping his head to peer down below and met with a pair of big brown eyes, Taeyong immediately breaking the stare and fix his gaze ahead, aware of the blood rushing towards his cheeks.

Ten didn’t notice the slight blush on Taeyong’s face though as he too, instantly averted his gaze. His whole being not mentally ready at the look of pure admiration directly shot at him.

“Yo~ You ready to go?” A voice behind Ten shook him from his thoughts, Johnny’s form stopping at Ten’s back before draping his elbows on one of Ten’s shoulders, brows drawing together in mild curiosity before smirking, “Oh. Eyeing your future, I see.” The other remarked, Ten rolling his eyes before slinging his bag on one shoulder, walking ahead of the other boy.

“Yo, Ten! Wait up!” Johnny called forth to Ten’s leaving form, jogging ahead to catch up with his friend.

He draped an arm around Ten’s shoulders once they reach the ground below, the latter mindful of the two figures under the tree who were conversing with each other. He avoided looking towards Taeyong and Jaehyun’s direction, oblivious to the fact that Taeyong had his eyes on their leaving form.

***

“Will you stop that?” Jaehyun commented with a roll of his eyes, Taeyong turning to him with a slight frown, “what do you mean?”

Jaehyun pursed his lips together to keep himself from laughing at his friend’s displeased facial expression. “You look like you want to say something to him and then it suddenly shi

Please log in to read the full chapter