Case No. 852: Toothpaste Mania

Jackson Wang: The Case of the Organic Toothpaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s an early and lazy Saturday morning for Jackson, he’s laying in his bed with his phone in his hands. He was ordering a shipment of organic toothpaste from a website that sold organic products from around the world. From countries like China, USA, Canada, UK, and including Japan. A toothpaste that caught this rapper’s attention was JĀSÖN and the tube was 35g with a delightful taste and scent of deep sea peppermint. The reviews were positive, it had 5.5 star rating, many customers would recommend. It was perfect. With a tap on the add to cart button, Jackson went on to create an account using a fake alias. He wanted to remain secretive so sasaengs wouldn’t figure out it was him ordering this item. After typing in his personal information, billing address and adding his credit card on to the payment option, Jackson’s order was completed and the shipment would be arriving in just 5 to 7 business days. He could wait for that period of time.

 

He hops out of bed to rush into Mark’s and Yugyeom’s bedroom, the door already open and the only person in the room being Yugyeom. The redhead looked up from his phone to see Jackson standing in the doorway and he promptly questioned, “What do you want?”

 

“Ya don’t speak informally to me. Anyways, in 5 to 7 days there should be a package coming here for me. If you see it, bring it into my room and put it on my bed please.”

 

Confused as to what the item could be, the bewildered Yugyeom asks this question, “What is it?”

 

To which the sassy Jackson replied, “Nothing just know that it’s something we – humans – use everyday. Except for you… you should start doing it every minute.” He gestures to his mouth area with his hand and shudders as he walks out of the bedroom.

 

“I should start doing it every…?” Yugyeom was beyond confused but he got over it and just stuck his earphones into his ear listening to Chris Brown’s “Back to Sleep”.

 

After telling Yugyeom about his order coming in, Jackson went on to tell everyone about it. First, he barged into Jaebum and Youngjae’s bedroom. He scared the living out of Youngjae and earned a lecture about barging into people’s bedrooms courtesy of Jaebum. He ignored both responses and went on to tell about his ordered package – though not giving out any hint of the item. Secondly, he told Mark who was in the bathroom taking a shower. Luckily the curtains were closed and Mark peeking his head through the curtain to yell at Jackson for interrupting him did went ignored. Lastly, he went to Junior and BamBam the duo were eating in the kitchen. A nice generous bowl of cereal they decided to share with each other until Jackson came in.

 

Junior spoke before Jackson could even roll his tongue, “If it’s about the package you ordered we already know about it. We could hear you tell Mark from the bathroom now please do not rant about it Jackson. Thank you.”

 

Feeling defeated Jackson stormed off.

 

The week went by and sooner or later Jackson’s package came in to the dorm. The small rectangle box was placed on his bed as soon as he returned from his shooting of Real Men with BamBam. He sat on the bed and opened the box carefully, peeling the tape away and tearing the thick cardboard. Jackson unwrapped the bubble wrap off of the tube of toothpaste and then popped the lid of it. He sniffed the hole, feeling delighted at the strong yet natural scent of peppermint. He was going to enjoy using this for the month.

 

Though little did Jackson know he wasn’t going to be the only one enjoying it either. As soon as he put the tube of toothpaste on the bathroom sink’s counter, the thief was already plotting its plan…

 

 

The next day, which was a Wednesday, Jackson went on to use his organic toothpaste. He stood in the bathroom shirtless as he brushed his teeth and flexed his muscles in the mirror. Jackson spat out the toothpaste when he was finished and took a shower. It was just a normal everyday routine for him. So he didn’t expect for that organic toothpaste to be gone the next day. He left out from the bathroom, turned off the lights, and never thought about the toothpaste.

 

That night, the culprit eased its way into the bathroom. He saw the toothpaste on the counter and he was intrigued by this new object. He never seen it before, never even knew there was such a thing as organic toothpaste. It must have been one of Jackson’s newly purchased items. Well now its his own device to play with. The culprit grabs the toothpaste and left from the bathroom to head into the living room. The JĀSÖN toothpaste was never to be seen again.

 

Well until Jackson found it.

 

It was just three days later. During the three days Jackson was seething when he seen that his personal toothpaste was gone. He remembered putting it on the counter on Wednesday morning and it should have been there on Thursday morning. Jackson went around asking the other six members if they saw it, had it, or knew someone who stole it. Everyone said a similar answer along the lines of, “I don’t know. Ask so and so.” He was bewildered and angry that someone could do this to him. Jackson was never the type to hold grudges unlike Jinyoung, but for this there was an excuse.

 

So on Friday when they left from JYP building at 10pm that night, Jackson stopped by a store and bought three items. He bought two tubes of organic Korean toothpaste, and a spy camera. He went home that day and installed the camera into the bathroom himself by putting it in the corner and angling it so it was focused on the sink and the door. He placed the toothpaste on the counter and used it himself before he exited out the bathroom. Jackson used bluetooth on his phone to connect with the device, downloaded the app for the camera on his phone and in a matter of minutes he was streaming live from the bathroom.

 

“Jackson hyung,” It was Youngjae who stood in the doorway in his favorite black hoodie and gym shorts. “Junior hyung, Mark hyung, and BamBam are going out to buy dinner. Do you want anything specific?”

 

Jackson sat there for a moment contemplating before he gave his answer, “Just gimbap would be fine.”

 

Youngjae left from the room without a word to go tell Jinyoung that Jackson requested he’d buy him gimbap. Meanwhile Jackson was observing the camera in the bathroom waiting for someone to enter the bathroom. He waited and waited and waited. It appeared as thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter