Young Love

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seohyun doesn't actually forget you, JungKook," Hoseok assured the younger over the phone, on his way to see Seokjin. JungKook wasn't one to cry unless it was critical, so he was currently sighing and being generally sad.

"You don't even know her. I got there early today and she was practicing our part with JR. And she smiled at him, Hyung, do you know what that means?" JungKook asked rhetorically.

"Umm, that he's her good friend?"

"Hyung," the younger hissed as if Hoseok had no idea what he was talking about, which he did. In fact, at the moment, he knew more than JungKook. "It means that she likes him more. He's a better dancer than I am. Of course, she'd like him more," JungKook sighed.

"Oh, c'mon. I've not once seen Seohyun laugh at JR's stories like she does at yours. And I've seen her practice with him, too. She puts a lot less passion in her dances with him. She's not serious with him. She may smile more, but it's probably because they both look so silly that there was no point in practicing in the first place," Hoseok reminded him. So, that wasn't entirely true. He'd never seen Seohyun dance with JR. But he never saw her laughing at JR's stories, either, so that was a plus.

"Really?" He asked hopefully.

"I'm confident. Don't worry about JR. Right now, don't worry about anyone with her. Didn't she just break up with her boyfriend?" Hoseok mentioned.

"Oh, I forgot about that," the younger responded.

"Yeah, so just dance with her and forget about dating for now. Be nice to her, make her laugh like you always do, and you might end up next to her after a while. Wait a month or so to think of asking her out to coffee," the older advised. JungKook chuckled.

"It'd be nice if I could ever figure out the confidence for that, too," he stated.

"You'll have to do that yourself. I gotta go see YoonGi. Bye, Kook, see you at dance," he ended the call. Seokjin gave the younger a concerned look, to which he responded with a shrug. "Ballerina obsession," he stated.

"I'd assumed. I need to talk some sense into that kid," he sighed. Hoseok let out an amused chuckle.

"That's adorable. I mean, trying to get JungKook to just shut up about her is hard enough. And what's even worse is he has no chance with her, unlike me and YoonGi, because we're going out on Saturday," he added nonchalantly. Seokjin stopped for a moment, unsure of the actual words. Hoseok looked back and smiled proudly.

"So, you did it?" He asked with a small smile. Hoseok nodded.

"I mean, technically, it's not a date unless he says it is."

"Oh my god, Dolly, it's definitely a date," YoonGi giggled to his coworker before Hoseok arrived. Hyojin smirked.

"It's about ing time. I've been rooting for you way too long, YoonGi-ah," she giggled the second Jung Hoseok walked in the door. YoonGi smiled a bit too wide, and maybe he was a little too glad when Seokjin appeared to be smiling, too. "Go get your boy, Min," she whispered in his ear.

"I'm in a good mood, Dolly. You get a freebie today," YoonGi giggled as he walked forward and greeted Hoseok with a quick hug. When met with Hoseok's confused gaze, he replied with the words, "My boss thinks I'm too distracted."

"To be fair, you are very good at your job. You could talk to us and serve others," Hoseok told him as he sat with Seokjin. Okay, to be fair, Jung, you have distracted me with literally everything you do, so there, I win, YoonGi argued in his thoughts, knowing full well the words would never reach his lips.

"Thanks, Hoseok," YoonGi said with a bright smile.

"So I heard the news. Where are you two going on Saturday?" Seokjin asked with a teasing smile. YoonGi almost burst into laughter from embarrassment, and he could see Hoseok's c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter