it's kinda like closure...

Cha Hakyeon's Curiosity shop

heyhey guess who broke their ing foot... again
that's right, Jung Taekwoon is in desperate need of a glass of ing milk
i know stage curtains are heavy, but really?


two days before payday and i'm still debating whether or not i should get that tattoo i want
keep in mind i need to save money for korea (and to eat the rest of this month)
if i don't get the tattoo, i might never get it either
 

anyhoo: leave comments

this is gonna be a double update today

(mostly bc i dont want you to ing hate me)

 



The day of the auction came and Taekwoon hopped out of the shower and was pulled to Hakyeon's room.

“Put these on.” He held up a pair of trousers and a crisp, white shirt. As soon as those were on, Hakyeon handed him a vest and proceeded to tie his tie for him, occasionally brushing his cheeks with his lips and breathing softly into his ear as he ‘made sure everything was in place’.

He straightened his own hair and pulled the others along with him to make sure they were all properly dressed. Sanghyuk looked uncomfortable, but the others looked used to wearing the heavily starched clothing.

This time Taekwoon spent much of his time looking through the catalogue while Hakyeon hung from his arm and spoke to potential clients about various items up for sale.

Occasionally, Taekwoon would leave Hakyeon's side to point out something in the book to Hongbin before gravitating back to his lover's side.

“Hakyeon, this new boy of yours… I'd never pegged you to like anyone so… young, nor vivid.” One woman said haughtily.

“Fortunately you've never pegged me, Mrs Cho.” They giggled, “can't say that for your husband.” He winked. The older woman blushed a pretty pink.

Taekwoon had to stop himself from shuddering in revulsion when her husband walked up putting his hand on her hip.

“They were quite a handsome couple in their youth.” Hakyeon whispered as they walked away.

“How long have you been here?” Taekwoon  whispered.

“Ten… fifteen years? Give or take five. Why?”

“And people don't think it's strange you haven't aged?”

“Hakyeon, when are you going to give me the contact info for your surgeon?” A woman came up to them, giving Taekwoon a cursory glance before hanging off of Hakyeon's other arm.

“I have been sworn to secrecy Miss Lee. Every year I tell you this.” She pouted and tried to tempt him by leaning forward showing off her ample, obviously fake bosom. “Have you met my companion, Taekwoon?”

“Don't believe that I have.” She said politely. “They sure get younger every year, don't they?”

Before any more could be said, there was a commotion at the door. Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon closer to Hongbin and the others, standing in front of them.

“Goddammit, I told you that would bite you in the one day and you should have left him alone.” Hongbin growled barely loud enough for Taekwoon and Hakyeon to hear. “But no, you wanted to play with him.” The brunet mocked. “You and your .”

“What's going on?” Taekwoon asked.

“Jilted lover.” Jaehwan whispered quietly.

“Cha Hakyeon!” The man shouted, “I just want to talk.” He had a very thick, Chinese accent and was waving a gun around.

Taekwoon supposed that maybe fifteen years ago, the man must have been attractive enough to catch Hakyeon's eye. For a split second, Taekwoon wondered if this would happen to him as well. Hakyeon took his hand and squeezed. Suddenly he felt better. He nodded at the older man and smiled softly.

“I just want to talk, Yeonnie. Come out come out wherever you are.” he sang.

Taekwoon stood up straight to block his lover from the other man's view. This inadvertently attracted his attention.

“There you are.” He cooed, sporting an almost feral grin. “It took me a long time to find you. Almost fifteen… years.” he stared at Hakyeon for a moment as if he had almost fallen in love again. “Y-you haven't changed.” He said softly.

“You have.” Hakyeon replied just as softly.

“Yes. I have. I'm more determined to get what I want.” He suddenly went from reverent to livid in a matter of moments.

“Calm down, Wai.” Hakyeon said quietly.

“Calm down? You killed my ing brother and you're telling me to calm down?”

“I haven't killed anyone.” Hakyeon insisted.

“May as well have. You sold him that cursed dagger. How did you pick him? Why did you pick him?”

“I don't pick anyone. He came to me. He insisted on buying the sword. He signed my contract and subsequently broke the contr-”

“So you killed him?” He shouted, interrupting the other man.

“No. He killed himself.”

“He wouldn't have.

“The news report said he did it in a room full of people. Surely someone would have mentioned me if I was responsible.”

“What are you cha Hakyeon? You just ing left. You, the shop everything. Gone. Poof! Not a trace.”

“You were going to kill him. We took him for his safety.” Hongbin said, his voice sterner than normal.

“I see your two ever present guard dogs haven't changed either.” He looked at the other three men. “Wow. And you've been picking up more attractive young men for your harem? Why not me?”

“You were going to kill him. We don't like that.” Jaehwan stood straighter, trying to intimidate the other man.

Taekwoon seemed to be the only one who noticed that the other man had slowly gotten closer and before anyone knew what was happening, Taekwoon was laying on top of the other man, he had crushed his windpipe and the man on the ground gasped desperately for air.

“Taekwoon? What just-” he stopped when he noticed a red stain covering the floor and spreading. “Taekwoon? Someone call an ambulance!” Hakyeon shouted as he tried to roll Taekwoon to his back.

“Woonie, stay awake for me, ok?” He tore open the vest and shirt Taekwoon was wearing using his own coat to press on the cut across Taekwoon's stomach. The younger man nodded.

“I-couldn't-let-him ruin-your shirt.” He gasped between words. “… I'm sure- this should hurt, but adrenaline… probably. You ever been stabbed?” Taekwoon babbled.

“No, beautiful. I can't say that I have. I had a really bad paper cut once and I lost a chunk of finger to a box cutter, but that’s as far as my sharp thing related injuries go. Taekwoon smiled at him.

“Don't cry, Yeonnie.” He tried to wipe Hakyeon's tears, but only managed to smear his face with blood. “Sorry.”

“I'll yell at you once they've patched you up.”

“Think- y’ might need t’ push harder… you're getting blurry… I'm cold… fingers going numb. Not- good... signs.” He mumbled. Hakyeon leaned onto him

“OW MOTHERER TOO HARD! Thanks.” He slurred when Hakyeon let up on the pressure.

“I'm pushing as hard as I can.” Hakyeon tried to hide his tears but a sob bubbled up in his throat.

The last thing Taekwoon saw before his eyes closed was Hakyeon starting to cry uncontrollably.