Surprise

Warming Up

“Well it would have been in November of our second year of junior high”

“Class” The teacher called getting everyone’s attention, except Jin’s who was in the middle of writing his next letter to Yoongi sense he knew he wouldn’t have time later that day “Class today we’re getting a new student”

Jin rolled his eyes hearing everyone start whispering excitedly to one another. He didn’t look up as he heard the door slide open again, a few girls to his left giggled calling the new boy cute and few guys comment on the weird hair color.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself” His teacher urged “And tell you something interesting about you.”

“Ah ok well, Hello name’s Min Yoongi” He stiffened at the new boy’s voice, immediately shaking it off as a coincidence “I’m from Daegu and I’m a genius”

Jin shook his head upon the familiar introduction while everyone else laughed. Jin was sure it wasn’t his Yoongi. His Yoongi would have told him he was transferring.

“Why don’t you go sit in the desk in front of Seokjin there” His teacher told the new boy “Ask him anything if you have any questions”

Jin heard the chair in front of him scrape against the floor as he continued scribbling things he wanted to tell Yoongi down onto his paper.

“Hey” The new boy tried

Jin didn’t respond

“Hey” The boy tried again “Whatcha writing?”

No response

“Oh c’mon Princess” The boy rolled his eyes “Is that really a way for you to treat your best friend?”

At that Jin’s head snapped up only to be greeted with a cat like grin from his best friend

“Min Suga!” Jin squeaked earning a few glances from his class mates “What the heck are you doing here?”

“Oh you know” Yoongi shrugged “School I think”

 “Why didn’t you tell me you were transferring?”

“I wanted to surprise you Princess” Yoongi chuckled “And from the looks of it, I succeeded”

“You probably shouldn’t call me that at school Suga”

“The you shouldn’t call me Suga at school either”

“Fair enough” Jin chuckled

“Outside of school is a different story though” Yoongi smiled turning back around in his seat when the teacher started teaching again

“Hey Yoongi” Jin called after a minute

“Yeah?”

“That color looks good on you” Jin smiled motioning to the younger’s caramel hair “Light color suits you”

“So he just showed up” Taehyung frowns “Just like that?”

“Just like that”

“Wow lame” Taehyung deadpanned “what else”

“Wanna hear about how I found out he could rap?”

“Hell yeah I do”

“Alright” Jin laughed “Well it was just after we started high school”

“So you were like my age?”

“No, little younger” Jin shook his head “More like Jungkook’s from when we first met you”

“Princess!” Yoongi grinned gabbing Jin’s wrist “I wanna show you something”

“What is it” Jin asked cautiously as Yoongi led him outside into the chilly Daegu night

“There’s this thing I’ve been doing every time I’ve been in Daegu for the last year” Yoongi smiled pulling on Jin’s arm for him to go faster “They say I’m the youngest one doing it but I’m good so it doesn’t matter as long as I don’t drink or smoke or something”

“What?” Jin blinked shocked at the younger boy who was grinning year to ear “Yoongi what have you been doing?”

Yoongi just laughed as he pulled Jin to a small building just telling him “You’ll see” before taking off leaving him in a crowd of people 

Jin watched with wide eyes as Yoongi took the mic and started rapping. It was something he never thought he’d see. Yoongi was so fast and passionate, every word he said cutting through the air like a knife. He rapped about how stupid the concept of soulmates were and how idiotic everyone was for just accepting their fate and Jin didn’t think he could breathe.

“Holy ing ” Jin gasped when he had finally been able to reach Yoongi through the crowd

“Whoa princess” Yoongi laughed “That’s the first time I’ve actually heard you cuss”

“What the was that Min Suga?”

“Hey kid” A deep voice interrupted “That was pretty good, what’s your handle?”

“My handle?” Yoongi paused, smirking slightly “Suga. And thanks”

“Alright well Suga” The deep voice laughed, the guy really couldn’t have been too much older than Yoongi and Jin themselves “I hope to see you around again soon.”

“What about you?” Yoongi asked quickly before the guy could leave

“Yongguk” And with that the guy disappeared into the crowd

“Yoongi what the”

“I didn’t wanna tell you until I knew I was good” Yoongi defended “I didn’t want you to get your hopes up for me to ”

“Why does this sound like a bad romance?” Taehyung scrunched his nose at his soulmate

“Does it?” Jin laughed “I hadn’t noticed”

“Yeah like one of those stupid fanfics my sister reads”

“Wow it’s not even good enough to be a novel?”

“Well I mean” Taehyung sighed “This just seems to have a really cliché plot and ”

“Maybe it does” Jin chuckled running his hand through Taehyung’s hair “Maybe it does”

“What’s next?” Taehyung joked “Is a love rival coming or something?”

“Actually…”