Chapter 1: Remembering

A Story of Us

(1) Remembering

     A man in his forties descends down the stairs; awaken from his beauty sleep; greeted by the sunshine in the form of his lovely daughter. Busily making their breakfast, before heading her way to school.

     “Good morning daddy!” she bloomed happily, looking at her still-incoherent father early in the morning.

     As always, he was blessed with the daily dose of cheerful morning his daughter brought to him; helping him in shedding those tears of sad memories as to remember the wife that left him. His wonderful wife, that left him with nothing but an exact replica of hers, in a form of their one and only child.

     “Morning sweetheart. What’s for breakfast?” It was quite a sarcastic remark, since its plain obvious what she had in mind, of course.

     Looking at the ingredient sprawling across the table, it’s not hard to guess that his daughter had been trying hard to make his one favorite food of all time; kimbap. And looking at the final outcome, he believes it wasn’t as endearing as she wanted it to be.

     “Kimbap. But it’s a total fail. I guess, I wasn’t meant to make this my whole life daddy,” her voice sounded desperately giving up.

     He let out a small laugh, afraid to make her angry or some sort, bending down to her height to level her eyes, with a small whisper “you know, I think it only meant one thing. You don’t spend as much time with your halmoni, that’s why this,” pointing towards the failed creation of kimbap, “looks horrible”

     “Humph, I totally could see that you’re going to say that”

     “So?”

     “So…” his daughter thought for a moment, glancing to the clock in the meantime “oh, I need to go to school. Bye daddy, love you” kissing her father’s cheek; a habit she has ever since she’s a little girl. And off she goes to the school, leaving her father all alone, like always.

     He wondered around the house; with nothing in his mind. Not a single thing, but his friends. His brothers. At least, they were back then.

     But after the split and everything that happened with them, and the time when he decided to step down from the entertainment industry, name it singing, and even acting; the sudden marriage with his late wife, and of course, the arrival of his daughter, not once that he regret choosing the life he had now. He has her daughter; after all, that was what matters to him.

     Not until he saw what was playing on his television set. A concert, by the infamous duo, Kim Jaejoong and Kim Junsu, coming to the town for their world tour, ‘it’s been a long time’, was the only think he could think of.

     He misses his brothers alright; all of them. He could not forget; the looks of everyone. Junsu and Jaejoong had been his pillars of strength, before his deceased wife came to his life. Despite everything that had happened before, he couldn’t even forget the faces of the strong leader and the mischievous magnae, Yunho and Changmin. In fact, he’s happy that they decided to stay with the company; ‘at least, Dong Bang Shin Ki would never be forgotten in the hearts of the fans’. Although, he has not had the bravery to face each and every one of them, especially his dear leader.

      And he also know, this person standing right now; this Park Yoochun, is terribly missing his brothers. His Uknow, Max, Hero and Xiah. ‘This Micky, is lonely’.

     “I’m home!!!” Park Harang comes home from her sports practice, only to be greeted with the coldness of the surrounding atmosphere inside the house.