002

Breakout

Day 1

Blinking slowly, Jaebum opened his eyes sleepily. He sat up as he looked at his surroundings. Jaebum noticed that this wasn't is own room so it had to be someone else's room. His own bedroom was really plain compared to how decorated this room was. "Where am I...?" he asked sleepily.

"You're in the guest room," Mark answered as he leaned against the doorway. Jaebum turned to look at Mark before slowly stepping out of bed. 

Right. He was with Mark because of the partnership his father had arranged with his company and Mark's company. Jaebum didn't want to disappoint his father so he hoped that he could somehow be useful to Mark. "Is there any clothes I could change into?" he asked as he felt Mark staring at him. 

"The drawers have clothes for you to try on," Mark simply commented.

Jaebum nodded before he opened the drawers. He blinked in confusion. All he could find was tank tops, a few blouses, many shorts and slacks. He shrugged and naturally selected a black tank top and a pair of white shorts. Jaebum wondered if Mark was still watching him because it felt kinda uncomfortable to have someone watching him. "Are you still there, Mark?" he asked coldly as he started to slip his shirt and pants off. Mark didn't answer so Jaebum assumed that Mark was interested in standing there. He slipped the black tank top over his upper body while tugging on the shorts. Jaebum then folded his clothes before placing it on the bed neatly. Slowly, he turned to look at Mark before bowing his head slightly. "I hope we can become good partners," he said in a cold tone. Jaebum really didn't want to be close to Mark because he seemed the opposite of him but he really wanted to tell Mark how warm his hands were compared to his. 

"Hey, Jaebum. Let's...get to know each other," Mark suggested.

"What do you want to know about me?" Jaebum asked while looking around for the kitchen "Where is the kitchen?"

"Well, we're going to be partners right? So shouldn't I learn more about my partner? The kitchen? Why would you need to go to the kitchen? We have maids who cook the food around this place," Mark answered. Jaebum looked over at him as he felt that there might have been a misunderstanding. "My father meant working partners. I doubt he meant as lovers," he said "Also, I usually cook for myself. No one in my family uses any servants for cooking."

"Are you always this uptight?" Mark asked while discreetly staring at Jaebum's muscles. 

Wow...he is really toned...

"...Mark, you're drooling," Jaebum pointed out as he walked into the kitchen. He looked around before spotting an apron hanging on the wall. What can I make...? Jaebum slipped on the apron and tried to tie the back but Mark walked over to him and helped tie it. Turning his head slightly, Jaebum nodded once to say thank you before starting to cook himself breakfast.

Mark stepped back and leans against the wall as he watched Jaebum cook. He never expected a male to cook since all his life, women have been cooking with him. This kid...man looked really handsome with what he's wearing but now he saw Jaebum as cute. Jaebum was focusing on making his breakgast before he felt a pair of arms around his waist. He ignored Mark's strong arms and finished up cooking. "Something smells good...," Mark started to mumble against Jaebum's neck. Jaebum elbowed Mark in the ribs before turning off the stove. Mark grunted at the hit. "Where do you put the plates?" Jaebum asked icily. Mark pointed to the cabinet above Jaebum before he kneeled down in pain. Jaebum looked over at Mark and bowed his head to say thank you. He then grabbed a plate and slowly slid an omelette onto the plate. He then moved it onto the table before reaching down to lift up Mark and place him in a seat. "Eat up, Mark," he said in a commanding tone before Jaebum cut half of it and ate his share slowly. Mark looked over at Jaebum before eating his share. "So...what do you plan to do today?" he asked.

"I don't know," Jaebum simply answered as he kept eating.

"How about we go on a date then?" Mark suggested.

"Sure-...wait what?" Jaebum looked up at Mark in confusion.

"A date," Mark repeated.

"What? No. You do that with your lover," Jaebum mused as he set his fork down.

"Well, you kinda give the vibe off that we're together," Mark teased.

"Just because I cooked for you doesn't mean I'm your lover," Jaebum shook his head in disapproval.

"You know...you're cute when you talk more," Mark nodded. Jaebum shrugged. He didn't usually have a reason to talk. Other than having to smile and respond to questions from his father or his employees, he never talked to anyone. His mother and sister had tried to talk to him but he never responded. His father had told that his mother and sister were nothing like him. He also said that they disappointed him. His mother was always smiling but when his father came back home, she masked her face with a serious expression. His sister never came out of her room when his father came home. He once heard her say that their father was nothing more than a robot. Jaebum believed that to be true since his father always mentioned work and nothing else. Heck, he doesn't even remember having a happy childhood like his sister had. 

Mark observed Jaebum for a few minutes before grabbing his hand. "Hey, what are you thinking?" he asked. Jaebum only looked at Mark before getting up and pulling his hand away. "Shouldn't we get going?" he answered. 

"Yeah. We're going to go to the amusement park today," Mark said with a smile.

"Amusement...park?" Jaebum asked in confusion. Mark gaped at him in surprise. "Are you telling me that you never went to a park before?" he questioned.

"Yes," Jaebum answered flatly as he headed back into the room he had slept in. Mark followed him and grabbed him by the arm. "You're going to wear casual clothing. Not the formal clothing from the guest room," he instructed and pulled Jaebum to the closet. Jaebum sighed to himself as he let Mark choose what he wore.

What Mark wore: a blue T-shirt and a pair of white jeans.

What Jaebum wore (was forced to wear): a blue tank top and a pair of black jeans.

After that, Mark dragged Jaebum to his black car before driving off to the amusement park.

Once they arrived at the amusement park, Jaebum noticed that the amusement park wasn't really crowded. There were many different machines and a bunch of rides that he never seen before in his whole entire life. "So...this is an amusement park?" he asked.

"Yeah," Mark nodded once as he got out of the car. Jaebum got out of the car and followed Mark.

Mark was slowly feeling that it was a bad idea for him to bring Jaebum to the amusement park.  When they were making their way to a ride, many girls were following them with their phones. Mark wanted to take a picture of Jaebum in his outfit but he felt slightly uncomfortable since the girls were inching towards Jaebum. Being the cold but yet oblivious man he is, Jaebum looked over at Mark and pointed to a roller coaster. "What is that?" he asked. 

"It's a roller coaster. It goes up and down or goes in crazy loops," Mark answered as he watched the girls behind them out of the corner of his eyes. Jaebum didn't really understand what was going on but when he saw the expression on Mark's face, he wondered what was bothering him. Reaching out, he grabbed Mark by the arm and dragged him to the roller coaster line as he left all the girls in the dust. "Let's go," Jaebum said as he headed up to a front seat on the roller coaster. Mark followed suit while watching Jaebum with soft eyes. Maybe...just maybe Mark felt something around Jaebum. No...

I felt something when I laid my eyes on him for the first time.

Jaebum was looking at Mark expectantly. Mark smiled softly and got onto the seat next to him. He helped Jaebum put down the safety buckle before doing the same to his own. Once everyone on the roller coaster was seated, the ride started moving on its own. Jaebum watched in amazement as the coaster slowly climbed up the track. It didn't seem that bad as of now...until Jaebum saw that they were going to go down in a minute.

What Jaebum expected from a roller coaster? 

He didn't expect much except when the ride went down fast. 

He wanted to scream because half of him felt afraid but the other half of him felt thrilled.

When was his first time being this thrilled for a ride?

Jaebum did scream since the speed was increasing when they went through a loop.

Mark heard and casually but quickly, grabbed Jaebum's hand and laced them together.

He squeezed his hand assuringly as the ride slowly came to a stop.

Jaebum felt some part of his soul slowly ascend to heaven as he sat in the seat with a horrified expression. Mark could only chuckle as he lifted up Jaebum easily and carried him off the ride.

After that ride, Mark carried Jaebum around to places to eat. It wasn't what the either of them wanted to eat but it would have to do. Mark tried to coax Jaebum into eating but Jaebum refused. He told Mark that he wouldn't eat anything high in fat. Mark was about to give up but then he leaned closer to Jaebum as he placed a small piece of sausage between his lips. "If you don't eat, I'll feed it to you by my lips," Mark said teasingly. Jaebum raised an eyebrow before leaning in and biting a part of the sausage off. "It doesn't taste bad," he commented as he got up slowly. He saw that Mark was looking at him in disbelief. Jaebum didn't know what he did to surprise him but he did know that having Mark wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Mark is more social compared to him. Jaebum is more of a cold person towards others. 

Mark stared at Jaebum at what he had just done just a few minutes before. 

Since when was he bold enough to do that?

Mark could only shake his head before noticing that the afternoon was slowly approaching. "Jaebum," he said slowly. Jaebum turned to look at him as he blinked. "Let's try some other rides before ending at the Ferris Wheel," Mark suggested.

"Ferris Wheel?" Jaebum repeated in confusion.

"The Ferris Wheel," Mark nodded.

Jaebum just shrugged as he walked back to follow Mark around to the other rides. They weren't as scary as the roller coaster they had first went on. It wasn't hard for Jaebum to play the games. The booth people usually was angry when Jaebum won almost every game and had chosen the best prize. Not only that, he gave them to the girls who were following them. All that time, Mark was watching Jaebum in interest. Jaebum wasn't competitve. If he just focused, he could win in anything. And that's what he did. When Jaebum suggested one last game that involved darts, Mark nodded and watched as Jaebum put down some money before swiftly taking the darts and throwing them with ease. All of them hit the bulls eye. The booth person smiled and told Jaebum to pick a prize but Jaebum was already a step ahead. He had chosen the big dolphin plushie. Bowing his head as he always does, he thanked the booth person for giving him the prize. Mark let out a chuckle as he figured Jaebum would give it to another girl. 

But Jaebum didn't do that.

Instead, he walked over to Mark and placed it in his hands. 

Mark widened his eyes as he held up the dolphin plushie.

Jaebum looked away as he felt the tips of his ears turn red. "It's my way of saying thank you for taking me here," he mumbled as he walked off towards a big slow rotating wheel that had caught his attention minutes before.

Mark smiled in amusement as he followed Jaebum to the Ferris Wheel.

Once Jaebum and Mark had gotten to the Ferris Wheel, the people in front of them were holding each other's hands and making love dovey noises. Jaebum didn't notice this but Mark felt slightly embarrassed. Mark noticed that Jaebum didn't even blush when he heard these couples. Honestly...how is this guy immune to stuff like these? Mark watched as the line went forward more. Jaebum was looking at the night, which was approaching very quickly. 

Mark wondered why Jaebum was like this but then again, Jaebum seemed like a fun enigma for Mark to decode.

The Ferris Wheel person opened the door to an empty cabinet. Jaebum grabbed Mark by the wrist and tugged him in before the door was closed. "So this is a Ferris Wheel?" he asked as he sat across from Mark.

"Yeah...did you know couples go on this?" Mark looked at Jaebum with curiosity.

"Mm...father never mentioned couples once in my life so this is the first time I've seen two people holding hands and kissing," Jaebum mused. 

"So...did you know that some people confess on here?" Mark asked.

"No. Father always mentioned that love is nothing but stupidity," Jaebum answered as he looked out the window.

"Love isn't stupid...how come you keep mentioning your father?" Mark watched to see if Jaebum would react but he didn't.

"I follow my father in almost everything," Jaebum watched the stars glitter in the sky.

"So...you never thought on your own?" Mark teased.

"That is right," Jaebum said with a deadpan tone.

"Ah. So you're one of those people who's stuck in a cage like my father said," Mark mused

"You could say that," Jaebum nodded.

"Well, I want to break you out then," Mark said as he put his hands on top of Jaebum's hands. 

Jaebum looked at Mark while he tried to ignore the warmth that was radiating from Mark's hands. "Your hands are so warm," he quickly blurted out. Mark blinked in surprise before lacing his fingers together. Jaebum felt his cheeks flush slightly as Mark smiled at the compliment. "This is the first time you complimented me," he said softly.

"It's the first time I ever complimented anyone," Jaebum muttered as he was too focused on Mark's hands.

Mark watched Jaebum with a soft smile as the night seemed to roll by quickly. 

After the ride, Jaebum somehow fallen asleep while holding onto Mark's hands. Mark picked up Jaebum and carried him back to the car before driving back home.

The first day was finally over...

Jaebum was slowly coming out of his cage by baby steps.

Mark was trying to understand what he was feeling around Jaebum.