run.

run

it’s almost 2am, she had just finished her part-time job and is on her way to her apartment calmly, with earpods plugged into her ears, blasting her r&b playlist. barely no one was in the subway.

 

when the subway stops at whatever station it is because she doesn’t give a damn, about 5 people come on board. a young girl about her age with tall and lean body wearing plain white tee and black chinos, an opposite with same body proportions, but in a black hoodie and mask, and a group consisting of 3 female college students with sweaters and miniskirts.

 

the young girl sits on the other set of seats beside hers, the college students chose to stand up rather than sitting, maybe they’re too hooked up in the convo. the man sits in front of her. his hands are in his hoodie front pocket, his face couldn’t be seen entirely due to his mask. his eyes were dull, hollow, but dark.

 

yoojung feels her stomach churn. she feels really uneasy so she tries to cover it up by randomly tapping through her phone.

 


 

yoojung fasten her pace time to time when she feels she’s being followed. the street is deserted as ever, causing the heavy footsteps to be audible (she’s not wearing her earpods anymore) enough for her ears. she doesn’t dare to look back, but she immediately knew right from the start, it was the man.

 

she’s taking the last turn to her apartment when all of the sudden the man, with full force, pinned her against a wall. with his right, he covers yoojung’s mouth and smother her with his free hand. the man’s body is fully pressed against hers, she couldn’t breathe, move, nor talk. she tried to scream, do anything she can, but the man’s choke gets stronger and stronger. she stops and eventually she’s starting to cry quietly. his dark eyes paralyzed her - surely, in a bad way. it was lust.

 

he stops smothering yoojung and takes out his stiletto knife. he runs his knife slowly against yoojung’s jaw, causing red line marks on the girl’s sensitive skin.

 

“an interesting prey i have today, don’t ya think?” the man asked - but sounds more like a statement. the petite girl is wearing her favorite white and blue stripes t-shirt and knee-length beige skirt. surely she doesn’t want to taint her favorites with blood, not today.

 

yoojung just shakes her head, then the man brings her to the nearest, small alley. he throws her onto the asphalt. she takes hard deep breaths, she can’t think properly. she’s well known as a high intelligence student and part-time worker. but this situation is another whole level, which leaves her impotent. she tried to stand up, only to be kicked on her upper arms.

 

the man turns her body to face him and so he sits on the small girl’s abdomen. the girl squeaked and the man hushed her. he brings back his stiletto knife and plays with it, “i like small girls.” he ends his words with a smirk, like a champ who played dirty on some game.

 

yoojung spits on the man’s face. her mother has always taught her manners, but what the fidgity faggoty are manners when she’s facing with this guy? this girl is acting tough when the inside she’s praying so hard these are actually nightmares, the last on the list she wants to experience. “what do you want from me?”

 

the man wipes off her saliva and brings her knife upon the girl’s neck, “listen here, you brat,” the man leans in closer to yoojung’s face. “ain’t no playing game, have some manner or else you’ll die in my arms.”

 

his stares are piercing right through her. it was anger. his eyes remains dark, it isn’t hollow anymore. in his eyes are inextinguishable fire. it was madness.

 

“let’s have some fun, shall we?” was the words he spoke before he slaps her cheek, hard.

 

but, that was also his last action towards the petite girl before a tall and lean figure kicks him aside, the lean figure helps yoojung to get up before she says, “run.”

 

the man groans and stands up as fast as he can, “.”

 

yoojung and the stranger runs as fast as they can, taking sharp turns on the road in order to lose the psycho. her small legs doesn’t help at all. her gap between the white tee girl widens, her breaths shorten after a full 5 minutes sprint.

 

“come on you can do it!” the white tee girl stops running to fetch yoojung, holds her hand and they run again.

 

the tension risen as the man gets closer and closer and the girls are running out of energy.

 

the man manages to catch the lean girl first and pushes her to the concrete sidewalk. she bumps her head on a ‘stop’ sign pole. her head becomes dizzy, her mind is running wild, her body becomes weak.

 

she gathered all the strength she had to scream “run!” to the petite girl before she gets kicked. the man kicks - beats - her continuously, her breath hitched. blood is coming out from , the white tee isn’t white anymore, it’s a mix between dark brown due to the wet sidewalk, and red due to her blood.

 

she has no strength left, she can’t fight back, she can only wince. her vision starts to blur, her brain suddenly rewinds all the memories she has. she silently prays for her family, friends, and the petite girl she just saved. saving someone is the second thing she wants to do before she dies. she will die with her name remembered as a hero, her name will remain blooming on certain people’s heart even after years have passed. i did it, mom.

 

she weakly smiles before waiting the last great impact from the man. she waits until she hears shattering bottle and a hitch from the man. the man slowly collapse beside her. the scene happened too fast in front of her eyes. she lifts her head to see the man beside her bleeding - on his head, to be exact.

 

the lean girl weakly turns her body around to see the petite girl, standing in much shock with a broken alcohol bottle on her right hand. she drops the bottle and steps back, covering and her eyes widens.

 

she has done something that is not even in the list of the thing she wants to do; she killed someone, but she also saved someone. someone’s precious life was on her hands, she couldn’t think of any better way to get rid of the man than to kill him.

 

“we have to go before someone else could see this scene.” the tall girl said, voice shaky and weak. the petite girl snapped from her thoughts and helps the lean girl to stand up.

 

the petite girl supports the lean girl and guides her to her apartment. the lean girl would groan once in a while, had trouble breathing and almost fell. yoojung studies the girl’s wounds on her face. her pretty - super pretty - lips are pale. the corner of her lips are bleeding. the girl couldn’t open her eyes and her eyebrows are scrunched.

 

even in small dim of light, the petite girl can see her astonishing beauty. even when the lean girl’s face are full of scars, the petite girl can see her ever so heart-fluttering beauty. the girl focused back on the road, she doesn’t want to drown.

 


 

“do you want me to help you?”

 

“yes, please. my arm muscles hurt.” the lean girl innocently said.

 

and so, yoojung does. yoojung’s cheeks get warmer as they step in the bathroom. she helps the girl to take off her drenched top.

 

“ow.”

 

“sorry.”

 

she completely took off her shirt, her y back facing yoojung. as expected, the lean girl has super slim body and toned abs. it’s not the right time to turn gay, yoojung.

 

the lean girl faces her, “it’s okay, you can leave now.” the petite girl’s expression doesn’t go unnoticed by her. the small girl’s face is flustered, cheeks turning into red hue and eyes gawking her from head to toe.

 

“okay. i’ll just uh.. prepare some ointment and fresh clothes for you.” amazing how she managed to stay calm outside and did not stutter. she runs out from the bathroom. the lean girl giggles at her cuteness.

 

the petite girl comes back with a black, slightly oversized tanktop and sweatpants.

 


 

the lean girl sits on the edge of the bed, waiting for the small girl she just saved. she looks around the owner’s room. the room is neat for a girl that looks as young as her. pictures of family and friends, piles of books on the desk, stationery, and what seems to be a music sheet, are all organized perfectly.

 

moments later the door opens, revealing the small girl in loose tanktop and sweatpants. the girl looks up, “sorry it took so--” she stopped halfway, paying attention to the girl’s body, either because of how the shirt perfectly fits the lean girl, or because of the wounds and bruises that are visible all over her body. she continues awkwardly “.. long to prepare the ointments.”

 

the lean girl gives her a small smile, “not a problem at all. your room is interesting.” the small girl laughs awkwardly, “thanks.”

 


 

“where do you want me to apply it first?”

 

“anywhere you’d like.”

 

yoojung applies the ointment on the girl’s cut on the corner of her lips. it took all of her might to not kiss those pretty lips, and the distance between their faces obviously isn’t helping. the lean girl watches the petite girl from the corner of her eyes as the latter carefully applies the ointment.

 

“looks like we have to treat your cuts too. it looks bad.” yoojung lifts her head, thinking what to do while looking at those brown orbs. her tone was firm, her face looks serious, she doesn’t have any other option than to sigh in defeat, she’s a stranger anyway. “okay.”

 

it’s the lean girl’s turn to apply ointment on the petite girl’s cuts. if the cut on her jaw looks pretty bad, her wound on her upper arm is way worse.

 

yoojung hissed at the stinging pain on her arm. she shut her eyes tight, hands clenched, drained in color.

 

“take deep breaths, yoojung.”

 

the girl’s eyes are no long shut. how could she know her? as long as she can remember, her nametag is somewhere on her bag. she always take off her nametag before she exits her work building.

 

the lean girl is observant enough, she takes the long defeaning silence a hint for her to explain why she knows her name, “co-worker, kim doyeon. same aged friend.” she looks up to see yoojung’s blank face.

 

doyeon smiled, “i just entered work 3 days ago. staff talks a lot about you. i’ve been wondering when will i get to meet their dearest co-worker. turns out our home is in the same district.”

 

yoojung still has the blank expression on her face. same aged. co-worker. same district. what the hell is this coincidence?

 


 

“done.”

 

doyeon wrapped the bandage around her upper arm neatly. doyeon stands up and places the first aid kit box somewhere on yoojung’s table. doyeon’s legs tremble everytime she tried to walk, making her walk in a hobble manner.

 

this, of course, didn’t go unnoticed by yoojung. the girl also noticed how doyeon would make silent ‘ow’s.

 

yoojung took some painkiller pills and gave it to the girl. doyeon’s feel of pain eventually goes away as they sit on the edge of the bed.

 

“you can go home when you feel better. where’s your home?”

 

“oh, yea i kinda forgot to tell you that my room is just a few numbers away.” doyeon laughs.

 

can’t this coincidence get any worse?

 

“i’m not going to tell you. you’ll haunt me.”

 

yoojung scoffs, “as if i care.” they both get to know each other in a span time of 2 hours. it doesn’t feel like dawn because she’s with her.

 

yoojung learned a lot of things about doyeon, and so does the latter. yoojung revealed that she may or may not be tanktop-obsessed. doyeon laughed at the weird girl’s obsession.

 

yoojung also revealed she wants to major in music. that explains the music sheets on her desk. she’s an amateur lyricist with extraordinary remarks from her music teacher.

 

meanwhile doyeon, she wants to major in dancing and was a cheerleader captain. that explains her slim and proportional figure, perfect for a model. she’s also an amateur choreographer.

 

“why don’t you become a model instead? i mean, you have the looks, A+ looks, damn tall and great body, dazzling smile, oh and im not going to forget to mention your lovable personality, and-” yoojung abruptly stopped. she realized what she had done and covers immediately.

 

doyeon chuckles, “i agree that rapping suits you best.”

 

yoojung’s cheeks are flushed. it gets worse when doyeon just had to say, “you know, you’re really cute.”

 

yoojung trails her eyes into doyeon’s stare, boring holes into her soul. doyeon’s smile makes her lips creeps up into a smile, too.

 

she turns her attention from doyeon’s eyes away to stare at the floor. she fiddled her fingers, she’s starting to feel butterflies in her stomach, nervous in a pleasant way.

 

the weight on the bed beside her starts to shift and all of a sudden doyeon is in front of her with close proximity. she has each hands on yoojung’s sides, supporting her body as doyeon slowly leans in, slightly tilting her to the side in order to capture her lips properly.

 

yoojung closed her eyes, waiting for the incoming that’s supposed to be a kiss. yoojung parts her lips when she feels an open lips on hers. they both lock lips; doyeon’s lips taste like blood. this made her frown, but quickly disappears when doyeon’s lips move against hers.

 

doyeon pushed the petite girl to lay on the bed using her body weight. the latter wrapped her arms around doyeon’s neck.

 

 

they both don’t care they’re making out despite they just met literally hours ago. who knows, they will wake up tomorrow with a breaking news of what happened just before? who knows, they will be justiced as victims of underage assaults? or, who knows, they will be - or maybe just yoojung - suspects of a murder?

 

only God above knows. their young life is in God’s hands, whether they’ll be victims or suspects.

 

for now, they’re running from this cruel world. they can’t help it. they want to taste a little bit of happiness before fate comes and it’ll all be over. but, what if it won’t? what if there are tons of rebellious acts waiting for them?

 

they’ll just have to run.

 


a/n: woo! blame my midnight thoughts for this. just a small info, this oneshot is inspired by bts' run. also, i had a dream doyeon was wearing the tanktop i mentioned earlier, so that's why i put the tanktop talk in this story hahah. 

i'm personally satisfied with this, it turns out like what i wanted, not too short and such. i originally planned doyeon would die but nope. i might cry as well. hope you guys enjoyed that!