Yongguk x Girl Thing

Yongguk x Girl thing

Yongguk and I are the best of friends and my three years of friendship with him are full of fooling around and some bunch of random crazy stuff. I'm not really the type of girl to hang out with girlfriends while discussing about the latest trends and gossiping about our crushes. Nope. That's not for me. I usually go out with Yongguk for movies or ice skating to play hockey with him. I grew a liking to that game ever since he showed me how to play it. 

Anyway, since it's summer break, Yongguk invited me to play and practice hockey with him again! I'm super excited until I remembered I was a girl and monthly period decided to in. uuugh. But no worries, I just have to be extra careful today! I'm already rotting here inside the house and I want to go play outside!

 

ding dong.

 

Oh, just in time. That's him! I grabbed my things, rushed downstairs and opened the door for Yongguk. "Good afternoon!" I greeted him followed by the fist bump greeting I made up for us ever since we started getting close. "Yo! So are you ready?" He asked. "Of course! Let's go!" As I was just about to step outside our doorstep, I felt this sudden pain in my lower abdomen that it stopped me from walking and even had to get a hold of Yongguk's arm. "Hey, what's wrong?" Yongguk's tone suddenly worried. I chuckled back "I'm fine! I just--" the contraction happened once more and got me crouching on the floor as I grumbled in pain. Oh god this is the worst menstrual cramps I had so far. I want to play outside but this is too much. ugh. Yongguk cackled "I told you don't eat too much and then sleep" He helped me get back up and patted my head teasing me. "You ! That's not it! It's that time again when I hate myself for being a girl." I slightly slapped his shoulders as I replied. The pain didn't stop and I can't help but crouch.

"Ok, let's just reschedule my practice next week! You need to rest." Yongguk went inside our house and plopped himself on the couch and placed his things on the floor. I slowly turned around judging him extra hard as I find him turning on the television with his legs crossed. "And what do you think you're doing?" I raised my tone and asked as I approached and sat beside him punching his arms. "I have nothing else to do today. Besides, our dorm feels so stuffy and the guys are all out so.." He clicked his tongue and winked at me "You have me for today, darling." I gave him the most disgusted look as I glared back at his lame . 

I grumbled hugging my knees as I try my best to endure the pain. I am not someone who is dependent on medicine so I don't take meds whenever I get menstrual cramps. Instead, I try to place hot compress on my lower abdomen and just sleep. But today, I can't even get myself to walk and get a hot pack and I'm pretty sure Yongguk won't be able to find it even if he already memorized the house inside out since he often hangs out here along with our other friends. Come to think of it, I just realized that this is the first time we are left alone. Usually, we have other friends tagged along. 

"Oh great! You updated your movies." Yongguk blurted out as he went through the movie list. I updated them last week for me to watch whenever I got no one to hang out with. "You're amazing! I can't pick which one to watch first!" Yongguk looks super excited going through the movies. It seemed like his eyes were sparkling seeing all the new ones that I downloaded. I guffawed looking at his childish but adorable state "You look stupid!" I pushed him lightly because his facial expression was indeed funny. Yongguk has always been this hyper around me and it always makes me laugh. Maybe that's why we're the best of friends up until now. I chuckled by my own thought. 

Yongguk looked at me. "Have you gone insane? A while ago you're just crying in pain and now you're laughing all by yourself" He clicked his tongue and started shaking his head to make fun of me. "You ! Just go home! You're not helping me at all!" I tried pushing him off the couch by kicking him while stretching my legs. "Plus I need to take a nap!!" Yongguk stayed in his place ignoring my plea. "No! At least watch one movie with me?" Yongguk blocks my feet and starts the movie. Seriously, this person never listens to me. I grumbled as I straighten back to my place beside him. 

The movie is already halfway done and my cramps didn't even subside. It still hurts like hell. Sometimes, I can't help but close my eyes because of the pain and endure it as I hug my knees. I stayed like that for a good minute until I hear yongguk say "Come here." I furrowed my eyebrows. His tone seemed serious so I decided to open an eye and look at him seeing him tapping his thighs signalling me to rest on his lap. 

Me and Yongguk isn't usually this clingy but this menstrual cramps is killing me and so I hastily complied. "Or not, I could just--" Yongguk mumbled out some words I wasn't able to understand because of the pain. I found myself crouching laying my head on his lap with my eyes closed. "Thanks." I whispered beaming a smile at him. "No problem, princess." I opened an eye to look at him because of his greasy words. Seeing him returning me this cute gummy smile, I chuckled "Ewwww, what's with the princess?"

"You look cute" he chuckled back. "Sleep." I complied and closed my eyes as I fell into slumber minutes later.

 

Hockey. Ever since I showed you how to play hockey, you always insist that I tag you along with me whenever I go out for my hockey sessions with the team and then play with you after. You really grew a liking to the game that I sometimes thought this was the reason why our friendship lasted. I chuckled to myself as I check my watch. I'm running late! I grabbed my backpack and my hockey gear, of course carrying with me a spare set gear for you, and dashed all the way out of the room. Just before I lock my door, I remembered something really important. Oh crap! I went back inside to pick up this small box and finally head out to pick you up at your place. While waiting for the next station, I glanced outside the window and admire the beautiful weather today. It's already the summer season but that doesn't stop us from playing hockey. I'm still holding the small box that I almost forgot. I will hate myself forever if I forgot this because I got this for you. I last saw you a month ago when you had a quick weekend break from your university. University life is indeed hard and we're both pretty busy last semester. But I'm thankful we both passed our subjects so now, we can enjoy our summer break together. I alight from the next station and started walking towards your house. I suddenly felt so nervous that I felt my heartbeat getting faster. I actually planned this day to tell you something really important. I took a deep breath. Ever since I realized my true feelings for you, I couldn't stop thinking about you and I am dying to confess my feelings but I couldn't find the best timing to tell it. So now, I have decided to confess and ask you out. I know you are not fond of surprises and romantic stuff and I admit that I am not someone romantic either, so I decided to just invite you for hockey again and then ask you out for dinner and that's when I will confess my feelings. You can do it, yongguk. Be a man and tell her everything tonight. I decided to kept my gift safe inside my bag hoping you feel the same way towards me. 

 

ding dong.

 

I fixed myself. I fixed my hair and straighten up my denim jacket. Finally, I'm going to see your beautiful smile and hear that adorable laugh once again. I feel so nervous right now but I hope you won't notice. 

"Good afternoon!" You beamed your brightest smile at me. I almost melted because you look so beautiful today. We did our own fist bump which was made by you not too long ago. I smiled back and greeted "Yo! So are you ready?" I asked. I stepped out to give way until I felt your hands grabbing my arm. I turned around seeing your head down as if in pain. "Hey, what's wrong?" I worriedly asked. You replied saying it's nothing until you fall on your knees. What happened? What should I do? "I told you don't eat too much and then sleep" What the hell. What did you just say, yongguk. Stupid. Help her get up. It was a dumb thing to say so I lightly patted your head. Why am I being awkward. 

But if you're not feeling well today, I can't go and force you to go out and play hockey with me. You looked like you're in so much pain. But I want to spend this day with you. And I STILL need to tell you something. This can't be delayed any further. 

"Ok, let's just reschedule my practice next week! You need to rest." SHOOT. What happens now. CRAP. Ok, let's just go with the flow. What's important right now is to be with you until you feel better. 

Good thing you updated your movies. It's the best thing to do that won't require you to move much since you're not feeling well. I started picking a movie and I see you grumble in pain from time to time. I joked around with you hoping that you'll forget the pain but whenever I glance at your direction, I can totally see your struggle to endure it. I felt bad because I can't do anything to make you feel better. I finally picked a movie and started playing it. 

From time to time, I checked on you and your expression didn't change. I have a feeling it's not getting any better. But it's a girl thing, I don't know how can I be of help until I noticed you seem sleepy and tired.

"Come here." I blurted out the words I didn't even dare to say. I know we're already close with each other but you're not fond of getting all touchy and I'm not used to it either but these words just came out of my mouth. I should just take it back before things get embarrassing. 

"Or not, I could just--" I mumbled over my own words out of embarrassment until I felt your delicate skin laying against my lap. You gave me the sweetest smile and thanked me. Your smile is one of the hundred reasons why I fell in love with you. I got carried away so I replied "No problem, princess." You hated it but you look cute getting all disgusted and I have no regrets calling you princess because that name suits you. 

The movie ended and I noticed that you completely fell asleep on my lap. I bit my lips, stretched my arms a bit and pat your head lightly to check if you're really gone asleep. You shifted your body towards me and buried your face onto the pillow you're hugging.  

I suddenly remembered the gift I got for you. How should I give it now. My plan is all messed up right now. Thinking my plan might end up backfiring I end up sighing deeply. 

 

"I like you." mumbling the words softly, the voice seemed familiar but I wasn't able to hear it clearly. Well that was an odd dream. I woke up realizing I fell asleep while watching the movie with Yongguk. 

I shook my head lightly and slowly opened my eyes only to find Yongguk gazing at me. I was caught off guard so I immediately covered my face with both of my hands "oh god what are you doing I look like trash!" I kept my eyes closed until I felt Yongguk's big hands pressed against mine. His hands were warm and soft. He then removed my hands from my face and chuckled "You were snoring like a pig. How cute!" He started pinching my cheeks showing me his iconic gummy smile. I am not used to this kind of Yongguk but then I felt the warmth rushing through my cheeks as I stare at his bright smile. My cramps are gone and I feel a lot better now. I poked his forehead away and I got up. "I'm hungry" I grumbled as I looked at my tummy. He then checked his watch "Almost time for dinner. Do you wanna go out and grab some food or should I just call and have us deliver some food over?" I slouched and replied "Just call." Yongguk looked at me and scoffed "You lazy . Are you feeling ok now?" I returned a grin and nodded. 

I'm feeling better now so I grabbed the remote from his hands and started picking another movie. "I'm sorry I messed up your plan for today." I apologized pressing the buttons trying to pick a good movie. "Uh.. oh.. it's ok. We can do it next week! You're free right?" he asked. "Yea! of course!" I replied. 

I was busy picking another movie while he was making an order for our dinner. It's been a while since Yongguk and I hanged out like this. Usually, we go out for movies or I tag myself along with him during his hockey sessions. I've always admired his passion for hockey. He always has that cool and strong aura whenever he's playing.  

"Ok, thank you. Bye." Yongguk hangs up his phone and looks at me. "Are we watching another movie?" his smile caught me off guard my cheeks felt warm and my heart skipped a beat. Snap out of it! I lightly shook my head and replied "Yup!" The movies atarted and we were so hooked into it. The mysterious but comical feel to it won't stop us from laughing and tearing up. The delivery finally came and enjoyed our dinner as we finish the movie. 

"I think that's going to be my fave film this year!" Yongguk exclaimed with satisfaction as he stretched out his arms. "Yea, that was amazing, right?!" I nodded in agreement as I fix and clean up that scattered plates and bowls on top of the coffee table where we had our dinner. I stood up getting a hold of the plates, bowls and utensils "I'm just going to clean this up!" I strode my way to kitchen trying to balance the tower of plates and bowls until I heard a clanking across the room. Probably Yongguk playing with my odd collection of metallic sculptures. "Don't you dare break another one or I'll really kill you this time!" I shouted just as loud for Yongguk to hear me. No response. Weird. I turned the faucet and water made its way to the dirty dishes. Finally, I finished washing the dishes and went back to the living room only to find Yongguk sitting in front of the coffee table with his hands on his lap. Just before I laughed and asked what is he up to this time, I noticed this small but noticeable silver box on top of the coffee table in front of him.

 

I was pretty much occupied with my own thoughts I didn't notice I was already running my fingers through your hair. Your delicate sleeping state is such an adorable view. I just can't seem to remove my eyes from your slightly parted lips as you breathe peacefully and your soft rosy cheeks against my lap. Oggling at your undeniable beauty invites familiar images inside my head. The first time we met, I was already captured by your clumsy and cheeky personality, thus making me want to know you more. You were the only girl I knew who was bold yet delicate; who was a rascal yet thoughtful. That one memorable day when I realized that my feelings for you was already greater than the bond we hold for each other, everything was made clear.  The gift. My proposal. That's it, I'm going to tell you everything the moment you wake up.

Your eyes twitched. You let out a soft sigh as you shift your body once again. It was really such a warm feeling staying by your side.. If only it was that easy to say how much "I like you.." Did I just say that out loud?! . Did she hear it? 

"Oh god what are you doing I look like trash!" she exclaimed immediately covering her face with her hands. Thank god she didn't hear me but why is she acting this way. My heart skipped a bit at her adorable action. I held her hands gently just to pull it away from her face. You are so beautiful I could stare at you all day and say how much I like you. I blurted out and teased at how she was snoring. Of course I was lying and her not-so-amused face was something I wanna keep as a memory forever. 

I think she's feeling a lot better now. She decided that we just stay inside and have our dinner delivered and watch another movie of her choice. I can say that today turned out to be as fun as playing hockey. Laughing with her, watching her take a nap, and eating dinner while watching good movies. This could be my fave memory with her. Well, hoping that she accepts my offer, that would really be the best moment of my life. 

"I'm just going to clean this up!" She stood up and gathered the plates and bowls and went straight to the kitchen. Now's the time, Yongguk. I fixed the sofa, fixed my things and reached for my small gift buried at the bottom of my backpack. I placed the small box at the middle of the coffee table and sat in front of it. Do it now or else you'll regret it for the rest of your life, Yongguk. 

 

I was bewildered at what I'm seeing but something tells me that I have to comply and so, without any word, I sat down across Yongguk with the small box in front of me. I kept staring at this shimmering silver box until I noticed Yongguk looking straight at me. I tilted my head at him and asked "Yongguk what is--" just before I finished my question, he butts in "I actually lied." he chuckled as he scratched the back of his neck leaning himself towards the back. "I won't have any hockey sessions with the team starting next week." Still confused I furrowed my eyebrows letting him to explain further. "Well, I tried out for the national team last week and fortunately, I got in. So, I'll be starting my training tomorrow in a much bigger rink." Overwhelmed by his good news, I stood up and scooted my way beside him and hugged him. "That's amazing!! I'm so proud of you!" and why did I hug him? Okay never mind, I'm just so happy for him right now and a hug wouldn't hurt. It has been his lifelong dream to be part of the national team. 

"But I have a favour." he whispered while my arms are still wrapped on top of his shoulders. His words were not so clear so I tried pulling myself out to face him but then I felt his arms raised and wrapped around by back. "Will you come and cheer for me starting tomorrow?" A thin silver chain, pretty and sparkling, suddenly went its way around my neck as he tries to lock it behind. His eyes glued to the chain trying to lock the necklace while mine glued to his sharp facial features. I flushed as I started feeling the warmth of his body pressed against mine. Just as he was done, he pulled me away gently and I met his gaze. I hardly processed anything yet until I heard him speak "So, will you?" I shook my head and blurted out "What are you even saying! I'd cheer for you the loudest even without this beautiful bribe!" I teased. He smirked. My heart skipped a beat. Yongguk, what are you trying to pull off, you .

"Cheer for me as my girlfriend?" he beamed his warmest gummy smile as he held my hands. I flushed as if I'd melt on the spot. His warm hands pressed against mine. I can feel the tingling on my fingertips and on my nape. I don't know how to respond but his words struck my heart and it felt nice. What does this mean? Did Yongguk really mean those words? Me.... as his girlfriend? As I was struggling to organize my thoughts, I froze there in front of him and my cheeks stayed red.

 

"Cheer for me as my girlfriend?" I uttered. I'm screaming inside my head thinking what would her response be. She looks like she just saw a ghost. Is that bad? I shouldn't have been that fast. . What if our friendship ends just because of my stupid move. My thoughts are all over the place but I couldn't break our eye contact until I felt a light tap on my cheek. Just before I came back to my senses, I felt her soft lips pressed against my cheek. 

 

"That's for lying to me." I lightly slapped his cheek and as if my body overthrown itself with a new brain, I went closer to him and pecked the other side of his cheek. "And that's for.. well... my answer." surprised with what I just did, I pulled out immediately and beamed a smile at him. His face became as red as my fave chili and I guffawed at the sight of him looking so surprised. "Hey! Snap out of it! You look funny!" Still amused by his expression, I kept laughing until I felt his arms wrapped above my shoulders, this time a little bit tighter than earlier. "Thank you. You might hate to hear this but you're the most beautiful girl and I love you." He tightens the hug and I melted in his arms. "I.. I love you too." I smiled and returned the hug by wrapping my arms around his waist.  

 

-End-