Chapter 1 - Reminded him of childhood

The Master of Pretence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Yoongi was once again perched on the rooftop; his arms draped over his crouching knees and a black skeleton mask half covering his face as he stared up into the dim sky. Stars flickered across the swarm of darkness they called night, giving the shadowed Seoul a bit of radiance and hope.

It gave his shadowed heart a bit of hope. Despite the multiple piercings that ran up his left ear and the gothic, black clothes he always wore; despite the stink of alcohol which clung to his skin 22/7, Min Yoongi  still liked to do a bit of stargazing every now and then.

It reminded him of his childhood. Of Innocence. Of Han Hyejung.

 

Rrring.

 

Smirking as he pulled his phone out from the baggy pockets of the swag trousers he was wear, Yoongi didn’t even have to look at the caller ID to know who it was.

“Yo, jungjung.”

Yoongi chuckled to himself silently of the genius nickname he gave the girl due to her dyed brown hair,

“I’m at the rooftop.”

Jungjung – or, to be more precise, Han Hyejung could be heard snorting from the other end of the line. Shuffling of footsteps and the sound of her overworn flip flops tapping against the floorboards could also be heard faintly in the background, and Yoongi didn’t need to ask to know that she was already on her way to join him.

“I bought some fried chicken and beer.”

Hyejung’s voice was slightly throaty – she had caught a cold recently from stubbornly agreeing to Yoongi’s dare of swimming in the freezing ocean waters at 4am in the morning,“You know, from that drama ‘You who came from the stars’”

Yoongi rolled his eyes before hanging up on the girl. Despite her bold, brown hair and sassy attitude, he knew she always had a soft spot for romantic things. Sometimes, Yoongi wondered whether he knew more about this girl over knowing about himself , was there even anything that he didn’t know about Han Hyejung?

"Yah.”

Yoongi snapped out of his daze and glanced up to see Hyejung standing beside him. As expected, she was wearing those faded red flip flops and was dressed casually in a white hoodie and blue jeans. In her hand held a bag of fried chicken and beer, and she placed the bag down before reaching in and handing a can of beer to Yoongi.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter