New Student in Class

Chanyeol X Reader

New Student in Class

 

(Your name)’s POV

Urgh! Why does the teacher keep waffling and waffling on about something that I couldn’t care less about? I mean, who actually needs to work out the pressure that an object makes on the ground in real life? I’m definitely not going to become a physicist when I become older, that’s for sure. I continue to stare towards the front of the class, not really taking in anything that the old mathematics teacher is saying. I hate maths so much! Nothing interesting ever happens in math lessons. I have never been more thankful that I sit next to a window of which I can stare out of at times like this. The typical weather, cold and gloomy with the occasional fall of rain, was an ever going trend and I have gotten so used to it by now that I didn’t even notice the heavy rain at first.  Feeling bored again very quickly after staring out of the window for a few minutes with blank eyes, I run my fingers through my brown locks, combing through the knots and untangling them with my fingertips.

I don’t find my hair that attractive really. I straighten it a lot to try and tame the frizz of it slightly, which would be a lot worse if I left it in its natural state. My bluish eyes did a 360 degree look around the classroom, inspecting all of the twats that are currently whispering to each other about something stupid, like who slept with who or who has the biggest . It’s nothing that I am interested about. Thankfully, I don’t have to hear the annoying chatter of anyone since I sit by myself, with no one next to me, in the right hand side back corner of the room.

Glancing at the clock by the whiteboard, I feel my heart deflate as I realise that that I still need to spend 35 minutes in this lesson. I let out a loud sigh. Why does time go slowly when you want it to do the opposite? Deciding to spend my time in a better way that to listen to the irritating buzz of the classroom, I take out my trusty notepad and start finishing the previous part of my story. I usually spend most of my time writing and I have, to date, finished 4 notebooks so far. I am an avid fan fiction writer!

I continue to write my in peace at the back, dazed and in my own little world that I nearly missed it when the teacher cleared his throat to announce something. I put my pen down on the table and sat back in the chair, crossing my arms and paying full attention to what the teacher was about to say.  We don’t usually have announcements like this so it must have been a special occasion.

“Ok class, we have a new member joining our school. Please welcome him with warmth!”

A very tall male slid into the class with a high held head, obviously trying to look good in front of the class and get a good impression. Someone pushed their chair leg out in front of him, intending for him to trip on it. The tall boy banged his foot on the chair leg and fell forward, tripping on his own feet, falling to the ground in a heap and ultimately ruining his image in front of his new class. He groaned a little bit as he got up, the goofy smile that he sported always present on his face even when the large class broke out into snickers and glee at the poor boy’s misfortune. The teacher gave the class a disappointed look and glared at the handful of students at the front of the class that helped to trip the new boy.

“I’m very sorry for the class’s behaviour today. They seem to be too excited to meet you since you are new. Introduce yourself to the class so they get an idea of you.”

The boy nodded at the teacher and scanned the faces of the people at the front of the class. He smiled at them in the goofy way of his, completely like they didn’t’ just trip him up a second ago. Innocent people like this didn’t last long in school and I don’t even know how he manages to be such a dork still.

“Hello! I’m Chanyeol. I will be your new classmate so take care of me, please! Thank you for having me!”

So his name is Chanyeol as it turns out. His height is very unusual for this age, with him being 15 or 16 years old since he is in my year and his stature being around 185 cm.  He looked tall and lanky, with long legs that looked like they stretched for a mile. He would make an excellent model because if his height and long legs, I wonder to myself.

“Go and get yourself a book and sit next to (Your name) in the right hand side corner at the back Chanyeol.”

I was in my little dreamland when I was awoken from it by a loud bang. I turned around to see the new boy Chanyeol was sitting on the chair next to mine. He smiled at me, showing his white teeth, which made me smile back at him slightly. At least I will have someone that is good to talk to as my partner for the rest of the year, not some douche that doesn’t speak English properly and has no manners what so ever.

Inspecting him more, I can see that he has short brown hair, accompanied by deep brown eyes that were filled to the brim with happiness. His ears stick out a little but that just makes him seem goofier and cuter. His eyes were framed by nicely shaped eyebrows; his face shape was slightly round but also had a nicely shaped jaw line to accompany it. To sum up his face, it was the epitome of goofiness.

“Are you actually listening to the professor, or are you just as bored as I am?”        

I snapped my head to the right to look him in the eye, his mouth etched into a smirk as his hands gestured towards the old man at the front of the class. I knew I was going to like this year already, with him being next to me.

“I have had to put up with this for years, believe me. I’m just as bored as you are, maybe even more so!”

I smiled back up at him, as he was quite tall. Even as I was sitting there was a head’s height in between us. I guess I will just be a midget forever.

The class went on and we talked about anything and everything. We shared a love for k-pop, and fan fictions as it turns out. I can finally share my love for with someone! He says that he doesn’t like gay ships, but he will tolerate them just for me, which made me smile since he finished off his statement with a wink in my direction. I really hoped that my body didn’t betray be then by blushing a bright shade of red.

Chanyeol said that he likes the choreography of boy groups, but he also liked the cuteness that the girl groups give off. I have to agree with him, the boy groups slay at dancing. I showed him my fan fiction, since he was bugging me about my bright pink book that lay by the side of the table. He curiously opened it as I watched him. He let out a very loud laugh which made the teacher look at our direction as he tried to stifle his giggles in vain.

“Why does it say “I’m blind, take off your clothes” in your book, if I may ask?”

I stared at him in disbelief. He was such an idiot, can he even read? His laughter has probably got us noticed by the teacher, and over such a stupid thing. I’m going to kill him!

“You are an idiot! It doesn’t say that at all!”

He laughed a little more before he stopped and just started talking about the rest of my fan fiction. He seemed to enjoy my writing, and he said that he will read more and become my most loyal fan, even though he didn’t like the . I couldn’t tell if he was flirting with me or just being friendly but I let it slide; I just thought that he was being really friendly.

The bell rang unexpectedly and the teacher looked up in surprise. He dismissed us shortly after and I found myself going out of the classroom with Chanyeol trailing behind me. I sighed loudly, since I know how much pushing goes on in the corridors when all of the children in the school are trying to get to one place at once. Knowing my luck, I will probably be pushed at least 10 times while trying to get down the stairs.

“Since we have the same last class, can we walk there together since I don’t know where it is and I also don’t have any friends?”

He looks back at me as he asks and I nod at him and smile slightly and see him smile back at me just before I feel a big push on my back and darkness engulf my vision.

The next thing I know is that I am on something warm and; that warm object happened to be very fragrant, as I found the amazing smell going up my nose. I get my bearings, since I became slightly light headed suddenly, my heart beating fast for some reason which I couldn’t place.

I lift my head to find a pair of dark brown eyes staring back at me and my heart gives a small jolt, almost like I was struck by electricity. Someone must have pushed me which made me fall on my newly acquired friend Chanyeol. I don’t know what to do to get myself out of this incredibly awkward situation! All I can do is stare at him with a distraught expression, hoping that he catches on and does something since I am unable to move.

I have only just noticed how nice his eyes are. They are a deep brown but, as I notice from a closer inspection, they have small flecks of light brown in them. I couldn’t stop staring at his face and I fear that my face might start blushing. Thankfully, even though I would have liked to stay in that position for much longer, he broke the eye contact and moved his head further away from me.

His action brought me out of my small trance and I moved to stand up, with him joining me after I was fully stationed on the ground, gaining my balance back.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

I can’t believe my luck! I managed to sit next to a normal girl, not one of those idiotic girls that only care about makeup and talking badly of everyone, not to mention their smell is really bad. They spray themselves with so much perfume that is sickening to even breathe the same air as them. My new friend, who is probably going to be my one and only friend in this school judging from the other people in that class, walked along to our next class until she was pushed into me from behind. I managed to catch her with my fast reflexes as we both fell to the floor in a heap.

She didn’t look up for a few seconds and I considered calling for help and maybe a doctor, but thankfully she opened her eyes and stared up at me. I stared back at her, inspecting her facial features which I thought were amazing, her face was really beautiful. Her eye colour was one of a clear summer day and she had a small nose with a slightly upturned tip. Her face shape was perfect in every way imaginable. Not only was her face perfect, but she had the bet personality that I have ever met. She was funny and she seemed caring and passionate for things she loved. It seems that I have a crush on the first person I met in this school, who might be my one and only friend. I have the best of luck sometimes, note my sarcasm.

I didn’t want to get myself in deeper so I broke the eye contact I was keeping with her. That seemed to startle her or something since in the next second she managed to scramble off my body and regain her balance. I felt ashamed of myself for having a crush on someone this fast so I suggested that we walk to our next lesson in silence.  

 

The last lesson of the day was torture since I kept looking at her from across the classroom and I think she saw me a few times. I can be so awkward when I like someone. I really hope that she doesn’t notice. Even if I can stay friends with her and not date, then I will be happy. I can already feel that I will need her next to me in my life in one way or another.

The class ended with the bell like usual and the students filed out, more like pushed each other out of the door, on the way home to rest. It was a nice Friday afternoon, the sun shining brightly and the birds chirping in the background. The serene atmosphere gave me strength somehow, and I went up to her and asked.

“I really need someone to lead me around town and since I have no other friends, would you like to have bubble tea with me after school?”

I held my breath as I waited for her answer but she didn’t reply with words, instead she just smiled at me which made her eyes crinkle at the sides and linked arms with me. She led the way out of the gates and we talked about and how our day went in school. Thinking about this as a romantic date in my head isn’t so bad, is it?