2/2

Haters

Destruction.

A simple word that could clearly describe Hanbin’s life at the moment. Sardonically Hanbin assumes that if he continues to miss out on his meals and skip out on sleeping he was soon to join Chanwoo in a coma.

What a pitiful thought.

But Hanbin can't find it in himself to care, just yesterday he was literally forced out by both Jiwon and Junhoe to go get some air- he's never felt as detached than now. He had gone back to work, in hopes to appease YG’s worry (despite his own climbing higher and higher the more Chanwoo sleeps). But every time his pen touches paper his mind goes blink and his body slackens, depression slipping in like a terrifying shadow.

He missed Chanwoo so much, regretted that he hadn't held Chanwoo longer, regretted that he kept a stern ‘no-fooling-around’ policy when around the members despite them knowing the truth of his and Chanwoo’s relationship. He regrets it all and he dives deeper into the blackness that threatened to consume him whole.

All the members tried countlessly to try and coax him out of his hibernation, but Hanbin hadn't even budged an inch. Jiwon, who obviously got fed up with Hanbin’s immature behavior (along with keeping the members alive and manageable while Hanbin sulked in the hospital), decided that telling Hanbin to his face of how much of an idiot he was, was the best way to have a confrontation.

“Do you think Chanwoo would be happy to see you like this?” Jiwon yelled startling Jinhwan; who was glancing between the two of them owlishly. Hanbin vaguely caught the way Jinhwan’s eyes darted to Chanwoo, as if scared that their (his) maknae would wake up and see them fighting.

Something Chanwoo hated the most.

Nothing came out of Hanbin’s mouth his eyes burning holes through Chanwoo’s face, his mind still replaying that day over and over again in his mind- of what he could've done to prevent it, what he could've done to keep Chanwoo as close as possible instead of how far away he was now.

“Yah, Kim Hanbin- I'm talking to you!” Jiwon’s fist banged to Chanwoo’s bed loudly making Jinhwan jump again and scold Jiwon almost immediately “Stop it” Jiwon didn't move his gaze off of him though and Hanbin slowly dragged his laser like gaze towards Jiwon with a harsh glare.

“Are you him now?”

The question stunted both Jiwon and Jinhwan, each throwing each other a glance, before Jiwon sneered “What?” “Are you Jung Chanwoo- are you my boyfriend?”
“Yah, Kim Hanbin, how dare you-
“Your not right? Then don't speak for him!”

A fist collided to his face in an instant as soon as the words left his mouth his body toppling to the floor pathetically while Jinwan took a stance between them two completely panicking on what to do. Hanbin let out a laugh though, the pain on his cheek still nothing but a scratch compared to the pain in his heart.

“Your not the only one who knows Chanwoo, Hanbin- one thing Chanwoo hates the most about you is that your willing to sacrifice the team for him- he hates that he changed your loyalty-

“Yeah, that's right, I would do anything for him!” Hanbin retorted slapping away Jinhwan’s offering hands and standing up to shove Jiwon back fiercely “I'll do anything to take his place in this bed! I wish it would've been me that was poisoned, I wish it was me that was in a coma- as long as it wasn't Chanwoo!” Jiwon and Jinhwan stood absolutely still, shellshocked at his words.

This was the first time out of the six days Chanwoo had been asleep that Hanbin actually cried, the tears spilling out of his eyes like a leak as he continued to cry out “So despite all of this, why isn't he waking up? Why is he still asleep? Tell me hyung, why won't Chanwoo wake up and come back to me!”

A lump formed in both of his best friends throats as their own tears began to fill their eyes, they didn't know what to say, what could possibly be said to try and quell Hanbin’s anger. But their silence only made Hanbin angrier, after YG had forced him out of the hospital for two days he hoped that when he returned Chanwoo would be awake or at least there would be some good news and yet there was nothing.

There always was nothing.

Six days, 144 hours, 8640 minutes, 518400 seconds (with absolutely nothing)

“Did you know that Chanwoo has a higher possibility of dying now?” Hanbin spat his facing turning red while his tears spilled down unflatteringly, but nothing could stop him from his tirade “Did you know that the longer he sleeps the more likely he can die? That as he's lying there sleeping peacefully he isn't actually getting any peace?” “Hanbin-ah” Jiwon exhaled taking tentative steps toward Hanbin before wrapping his arms around him and taking the sobbing boy into his arms.

“Does he hate me hyung? Is that why he won't wake up?!” Hanbin cried out letting his knees finally give up as his mind span around in circles “Wasn't my love enough? Wasn't us enough?!” All of these words that tumbled out of his mouth was his inner feelings, things that he speculated about in the night when he was alone left with Chanwoo, somehow he had managed to convince that he was the reason.

He was the thing Chanwoo didn't want to return to.

And those thoughts only gotten more worse as the days passed on without even a blink from their maknae, Hanbin wasn't even sure of what Chanwoo was going to find of him when he did wake up. The more the days passed the more Hanbin felt a tiny bit of himself slip away.

Hanbin wasn't sure how long he stayed on the cold floor, wasn't even sure when Jinhwan had joined in on the embrace, but it took awhile before he could finally be able to breathe without hyperventilating. “…he will wake up right hyung?” Hanbin asked hopefully, just wanting to hear the words from someone he trusted the most, and the grip on his body tightened. But it wasn't Jiwon who answered…nor was it Jinhwan.

“Of course I will, do you really think I'll leave you alone?” All three of them jumped a part their eyes landing on a rasping maknae, who looked as if he were struggling to keep his eyes open and his breathing calm. But it wasn't Hanbin who reacted first, it was Jinhwan; who immediately ran to Chanwoo’s side fussing about him. “How long have you been awake? Are you ok? Can you breathe? Does your eyes or head hurt?”

The questions only seemed to have confused Chanwoo and the maknae tried to answer as best as he could without stressing his throat too much. It took a moment for Hanbin to gather himself, a long moment too because Jiwon was already outside calling for the nurses, but when Hanbin finally managed to make his way over to his side the tears started again.

“Your awake” Hanbin whispered when Chanwoo’s attention diverted to him, his hand gently running down Chanwoo’s cheeks almost if he were trying to memorize it. Chanwoo chuckled weakly behind his mask and with a shaking hand lifted it so he could grasp Hanbin’s wandering one on his face “Of course I am hyung” And this wasn't a dream, Chanwoo’s hands were warm and his eyes were soft (albeit dull) and his mouth was pulled into the automatic pout he had when he wasn't smiling.

Hanbin let out a laugh, inwardly wincing at the psychotic sound it made, but he paid no mind as he repeated “Your awake!” Chanwoo didn't reply just nodded and brought Hanbin’s hand even closer letting his own tears slip from his eyes at how much of a wreck Hanbin looked like, with his hair a mess and his eyes red, along with how pale his skin look accompanied by a face a bit too skinny to be healthy.

“Your awake” Hanbin repeated burying his head into Chanwoo’s chest and crying, and Chanwoo gently ran his free hand through his boyfriends hair slowly combing out the knots in it as he repeated gently “I'm awake”

Six days, 154 hours, 9240 minutes, 554400 seconds.

Chanwoo was finally awake


A/N: …and Jinhwan stood there awkwardly, proudly but awkwardly, lmao. I apologize if this wasn't up to par TT, I’m only half satisfied with it myself, but if you still enjoyed it thank you very much XD Sorry that it's short too. ='(