The Wedding

The Wedding

Kim Jaejoong tightly closed his eyes as the soft and sweet melody played in. This is it, he thought. He let out a deep breath as he opened his eyes. He fixed his tie once more, heart pounding fast and couldn't contain what he was feeling. And when the olden doors of Seoul Cathedral slowly opened, his heart skipped a thousand beats. All of the guests attention were on him now. He reminded himself to breathe as he slipped inside the cathedral, walking down the aisle. His chest began to tighten, only the man at the end of the aisle could tame his uneasiness. There he was, Jung Yunho, standing beside his best man, Changmin. Yunho gave him his signature goofy grin, that's when he finally smiled, chuckled even.

This is it, he thought once again. As the wedding song slowed down, so did his walk. He wanted the moment to last longer, forever. He closed his eyes, remembering how their story unfolfed that brought them there.

He and Jung Yunho met in April, twenty springs ago. And fell in love. But there story began after they graduated college. They were childhood friends, best friends even. They had known each other for almost their life and Yunho, during their grade school days were saggy and petite, always the smallest in the class. It was in middle school when Jung Yunho hit puberty, turning him into a fine man from a boy that would always get picked. In his early teen years, he developed a raspy yet warm voice and at age eighteen, all of his boyish features were replaced with manly ones, and that's when love came in between them that changed the course of their lives.

They were in college when his heart leaped because of Yunho, because of his smile. After consulting his mother about it, she told him, "Oh, my son's in love,"

He remembered his mother's excitement then, and his face dumbfounded with his heart running on rampage after that realization. 

The next day, with his heart betraying him and with the knowledge he might be in love with Yunho, he began to avoid him. It only took a week for Yunho to noticed the changes. Yunho confronted him then, they were in the cafeteria when he asked what was wrong and why he was slowly slipping away. He chuckled that time, trying to keep the conversation neutral and casual when in the inside, he was panicking. But with Yunho being the persistent he was pressed it further and before he stopped himself, he had let out his secret, and mind you, he unintentionally spurred it in front of SM University's whole student population. He remembered feeling his cheeks hotter, he suddenly felt humiliated, he remembered hiding his face with his hands, hiding from the shame he had caused. He wanted to cry, he almost did, that's when Yunho pulled him into a hug, his face burying deep on Yunho's chest. Then Yunho hissed in the school's student body, "One more look and I'll kill all of you,"

Murmurs and footsteps emerged before Yunho grabbed his hand, and they run.

The next moment, he find himself at the top of a hill, watching the sun as it set. They didn't exchanged words, silence were their companion. It was dusk when Yunho chuckled. Yunho ruffled his hair, grinning while telling him he had loved him since senior high school. Then before the sky turned into gray, Yunho pulled him and kissed the life out of him. He remembered staying later there, their souls lost with each others worlds. He remembered the promises they uttered and the words they'd withheld to say, the kisses, the hugs. He remembered their love was once young yet strong.

After they graduated college, and find a job, they moved in together, making the small apartment as a home they would return to every tiring day. They were so happy. They were so contended with what they had. They were so in love they forgot nothing good lasted long.

**

The memories ended there, as well as the walk. They were facing the priest now, saying their vows and promises and Yunho was grinning from ear to ear as he uttered his vows. After the long wait, the priest announced them as married couple, bonded with the power bestowed upon him, bonded in the eyes of God. The guests cheered, clapping their hands.

Yunho smiled and Jaejoong wiped away his tears, smiling. Yunho pulled Junsu for a kiss and Jaejoong clapped his hands. 

It was supposed to be him, supposed to be the one Yunho's kissing and supposed to be the one that had said those vows. It was supposed to be him. But as the seasons changed, so did their love. As the leaves fall during autumn, so did their love. 

Fate was cruel. It was only a fight, a trivial one, an argument that made everything to fall down. It was just a fight that made every promises they uttered to be broken, every dreams they'd dreamed to be forgotten.

As Yunho pulled away from Junsu's lips, he bit his lips, and tried not to shed any more tears. This is it, he thought again. The time when he'll stop waiting for Yunho to come back to him. The day to end everything. He flashed his sweetest of smiles when Yunho glanced at him, then shifted his gaze back to Junsu.

He sadly smiled, thinking the love they once had, the love that took twenty years in the making couldn't even changed the fact that some goodbyes were inevitable. As Yunho and Junsu made their way out of the cathedral to start their lives together, he closed his eyes. In doing so, another set of memories danced on his thoughts, and he let it lingered, because for now, memories were all he has.