Tartberry Shortcake

His Recipe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Tartberry Shortcake[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Not everybody has the opportunity to eat and Seoul's finest and most amazing bakery. Well, it wasn't fine like fine dining or anything like maybe a five star restaurant. It was a very normal place matter of fact- it was in an area popular for teenagers and young adults, the walls were a pale pink with enlarged photos of some of the head bakers masterpieces. When walking past, your mouth would water from seeing the delicious cakes and other baked goods that sat, trying to you in, which they indeed did a great job at. Luckily for me, I finish my classes right before the bakery gets too busy. After my English lessons, I pack all of my stuff and try to get to the bakery as quick  as I can to study (and eat as much cake as possible). 


Rumor had it the head baker was a student at my college. I'm not the kind of person to give into rumors too easily nor pay much attention to them. "Haewon." "Yes Jongin?" My best friend, Kim Jongin yet everyone who doesn't know him as well as I do call him Kai, sat across from me as we waited for our drinks. He ordered Taro bubble tea and I ordered coffee since I had a long night of studying ahead. "You heard that Kyungsoo is the head baker here right?" He whispered to me, his eyes twinkled as he attempted to spread the rumor around more. Jongin always had to know. He always had to know everything. He had to know who got suspended last week Friday after school, he had to know which teachers were having affairs. If you want to know anything, go to Jongin. And while knowing everything can be a bit creepy, it helps him get superb grades in school. His curiosity may be one of the things I like about him.


Jongin and I had been friends since we I was four and he was five. We were next door neighbors and our mothers had been best friends since they were our age too, so our family goes back a long way. I never thought of Jongin as an older brother to me. While he was very protective over me, it was never the kind of "brotherly" protection you may think of. There was something else to it but I could never put my finger on it, even to this day. Jongin may know a lot of things, maybe even too many. But the only thing he probably doesn't know is that I've liked him since we were in middle school. I never told him simply because there is no point. Not that I don't think he wouldn't like me or anything; I just never saw a point in it. Both him and I are too focused on our studies for anything like that anyway.

Our drinks arrived and the waitress set down our drinks in front of us, smiling as she reminded us to enjoy and asked if we were ready to order. "I'm ready... but what is your molten lava cake made out of? How is it prepared? Who--" Jongin began but I cut him off and turned to the waitress embarrassed over the fact that my best friend just basically tried to interrogate her. "Don't listen to him- don't answer his questions. He's annoying. He will take the molten lava cake and I'll have a strawberry shortcake." I smiled at the waitress and she wrote down our orders and smiled before walking back to the kitchen. "God damn it Jongin, do you really need to know everything?!" I snapped but Jongin was still hurt looking from me telling the waiter he's annoying. "Oh, get over yourself you know you're my best friend. That doesn't mean you aren't annoying though."

A l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter