la Terre

Blood Oath

Zhou Jieqiong reigned supreme as the undisputed head of Seoul’s oldest and most prestigious coven. The Jeon Coven sat nestled firmly in the seat of the government; the child monarch, Queen Somi, being a direct descendant of the founder of the family. The coven had served as the power responsible for placing the Jeon line on the throne in a time of great civil war, and now held the position of royal court in order to best insure the security of those long ago efforts.

 

Jieqiong herself sat at the right hand of the queen, effectively regent until the child came of age.

 

Her meteoric rise to such an esteemed position was a great source of pride for her; Jieqiong had earned the respect of the coven ancients and worked her way up leaving the frightened little thing she’d been before she was turned far behind.

 

As she strode a step behind the queen, Jieqiong could not help but to smile at the honor she had brought upon herself; every click of her silk slippers on the shining marble serving as a sober reminder of the position she held.

 

To her right Sohye caught her quick smile and shot an inquisitive glance back, a question playing on her lips that she bit back until the entourage reached the privacy of the royal suites. Chaeyeon, to Jieqiong’s left, gazed fondly on the warm interaction as the party moved forward.

 

A short trip through the gilded hallways and up several flights of ornate stairwells led the troop to the golden doors of their suite; each massive block carefully unlocked and pushed open by flanking human servants on each side.

 

Queen Somi haughtily strode forward, ever the child as she playfully checked to make sure none of the poor servants’ heads were tilted so as to catch a glimpse of the noble retinue. It was forbidden for a lowly human’s eyes to ever meet those of an upper-level vampire, but oh how Somi hoped to catch them one of them peeking at her, the most forbidden of sights, just to see the what the reaction of the ancients would be.

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes, taking pity on the now shaking servants and quietly dismissing them along with their escorts. She turned to Somi and jokingly began to chide her,

 

“I don’t know why you enjoy torturing those poor guards so much Somi,you know they're already terrified of you”.

 

Somi pouted, a little put out that her fun had been ended so quickly. Sohye giggled and embraced her, playing along with Jieqiong’s teasing,

 

“They’re sooo scared of you Som! Whenever they think we can’t hear they’re always going on about Queen Somi, as beautiful as she is cruel, as regal as she is bloodthirsty!”

 

She spun around and around the room, taking Somi with her until they both crashed down on her bed in a heap of giggles and petticoats

 

“If only they knew you still sleep with all your stuffed animals, and your fangs haven’t even come out yet!”

 

Somi huffed and and threw a stuffed rabbit at Sohye,

 

“Your fangs only came in a few months ago and I am

cruel and beautiful!”

 

“You’re about as cruel as a sea otter, and you might as well have the looks to match!”

 

Sohye screeched as the younger charged at her, running into the next room with Somi hot on her trail

 

Chaeyeon and Jieqiong exchanged exasperated looks, the former of the two pulling the latter onto a recliner, combing her fingers through her companion’s tawny brown hair before quietly musing,

 

“Somi is still very much a child; with her betrothed arriving tomorrow, I’m not sure if she’s ready for courtship”.

 

Jieqiong sighed,

 

“You know it is not our place to intervene in such matters. The queen needs a consort and I am sure the ancients have decided on a suitable candidate for a future union. It is our duty to ensure the continuation on the Jeon line”.

 

The rehearsed words slid out of Jieqiong’s mouth as easily as silver marbles, however, the metallic taste left on her lips imprinted a sense of foreboding Jieqiong could not shake.

 


A/N: Hey guys sorry it took so long to uodate, i just wrapped up the school year and i had  a little trouble coming up with a clear conceor of where i wanted the story to go and i finally decided on this french rococco period monarchy but set in seoul idk, i hope you guys like it! I'm trying to do this in shorter installments so i can update more often. Also tell me what you think so far and let me know who you want somi's betrothed to be (anyone excepr vernon bc i already have a role planned for him ;))) ). This is also going to loosely incorporate the full moon mv plotline and dont worry there will definetly be more drama.