The Mysterious Boy

The Encounters

You tried to open your eyes but failed to do so because of it being swollen from crying all night. The dark circles and bags under your eyes showed that you didn't sleep much at all.

You reached out to grab your warm blanket,that was only covering half of your cold body and wrapped it around your body.

The break up continued to replay in your head.  It has been two days  since  your boyfriend , now ex, left you to be with another woman. She was someone his age and someone you knew very well. One of your own friend Yeri . 

' I need to stop.. ' you thought to yourself as you slowly got up from your bed, rubbing your swollen, pink eyes. 

After an hour, you were finally able to drag yourself out of your bed. Unable to get rid of your swollen pink eyes and the bags under your eyes, you decided to wear a  black hoodie and pulled both of the hoodie strings on your hood as hard as you could before tying it together to create a bow. 

 

                                           ***

It is already almost the end of first period and you decided to just head to the library to study, also because you did not know where else to go before heading to second period. 

As you sat down on the chair you noticed a tall, slim guy also wearing a sweater with his hoodie on with the strings tied together, was  across from where you were sitting. You  began to giggle to yourself because he looked exactly like you because of the hoodie. 

You couldn't see his face from where you were sitting  or if he was looking your way because you didn't have your glasses on but for some reason he caught your eyes. 

You felt a connection with the unknown guy. His presence made your heart flutter for some unknown reason.  

You reached into your bag for your glasses, without realizing that the guy across from you with the hoodie was watching you with a bright smile while resting his chin on his hand. 

You wanted to see his face. 

For some reason, you thought that if you squint your eyes you would be able to see his face. You didn't know why you were so desperate to see his face. 

 You timidly looked up to see him one more time to see his face. Still unable to see his face clearly  and you began to scrunch up your face and began making weird faces toward his direction, without realizing that he was watching you. 

 He was shocked at first to see you make faces at him but then he noticed that  you were squinting your eyes. He then realized that you couldn't see far and began to laugh to himself quietly

"SH!" The  librarian shushed him, glaring at him. The boy quickly bowed his head, apologizing to her. 

Still unable to see his face, you finally put on your glasses. Slowly, the blurry figure began to clear up. You looked up and unexpectedly, both of you made eye contact. 

He was wearing a gray branded hoodie while holding a pen in one hand and letting his chin rest on the other. His beautiful  dark brown silky hair was sticking out of the hoodie and  bags under his eyes were defined as well. 

You began to feel flustered because of the beautiful creature looking at you. Awkwardly, you gave him a small smile and lifted your hand up, giving him a small wave. 

Leo  began to chuckle and his beautiful killer smile smacked you in the face. Not long after realizing that he was smiling, he quickly changed his face expression from smiling to emotionless in an instant. 

The quick change in his expression left you dumbfounded. 

Both you and Leo were still looking into each other's eyes. It was awkward but your eyes seem to be drawn to his gaze. It was too powerful as if it was the life force out of you. 

After a few seconds, Leo began to feel flustered and couldn't hide his smile anymore. He  quickly tried to look in a different direction, trying to avoid eye contact with you. He began to feel embarrassed and just look straight down, showing you the top of his head, and he just smiled out of embarrassment. 

His cute actions made you dumbfounded again but then you realized his actions were out of embarrassment. 

You began to let out your chuckles, but as soon as you started to laugh, Leo quickly look up and into your eyes again, but this time it looked like a glare. 

Your head began to feel hot and you could feel your body start to heat up. Quickly, you looked down to your math notes, trying to ignore his presence. His glare made you feel afraid, but you smiled to yourself, remembering his cute actions. 

You quickly got rid of the smile on your face as you thought to yourself, "Why did he greet me that way? Does he hate me or something?" For some reason, you felt like you have seen this guy before. You were not sure where and when. 

You began to flip through your math notes as you try to figure out where you saw him before. While flipping through your notes, a picture came out of it. 

It was a picture of you and your ex, Namsoo.

The picture was not just any regular picture, it was a picture  you kissing Namsoo on the cheek on your first date with him at the movies. 

You felt your heart start to ache. It felt like someone was ripping it into pieces. Your eyes began to tear up as your hands begin to shake. 

"Not here .. not right now.." You mumbled to yourself with a low and shaky voice. 

Tears began to flow as you looked at the picture of the man who left you for another woman that was the same age as him. 

Your hands still shaking from the different thoughts and feelings you were feeling.  you began to slowly rip the picture in pieces. You didn't want to see it anymore. You knew you still loved him but you knew it was too late. You had to get rid of these feeling, even if it felt like a thousand of needles are stabbing you. 

As you were ripping the picture to shreds, you didn't notice Leo looking at you in shock. He saw your painful expressions and the tears that were flowing out of your swollen pink eyes. His heart began to ache as he saw you quickly try to wipe away your tears. 

You continued to quickly wipe your tears away with your sweaty hands. You wanted to stop crying for an like him but your body reacted the opposite way. 

After a few minutes, you felt  someone behind you. The first person that came to mind was Namsoo. You knew it couldn't be Namsoo because he is a college student. You didn't want to look back, you tried to ignore that person's presence.  

You felt two hands  approach your face and pulled your round face back, making you lean your head back and your face looking up. 

It was Leo, the boy who was sitting across from you earlier.  

He brushed the strand of hairs off your face and away from your mouth. After touching your silky hair, he gently took off your glasses and reached over you to get your glasses case that was on the table. 

You felt your heart beat rapidly. As he was leaning to get your glasses case, you were able to smell his manly cologne. His hoodie strings gently brushed your face as he leaned in.

After getting hold of the glasses case, Leo placed your glasses into your case without a word. He then placed it back on the table and looked at you. Your heart skipped a beat. 

Then he took out the tissue he had gotten from the librarian's counter and gently wipe away your tears. You cheeks began to heat up and turn bright red. You looked up at him with a confused face. 

He looked down and stared into your eyes and was expressionless. 

 As continued to wipe your tears, your tears began to build up again. For some reason, his action and presence made you feel relief and comfortable. You couldn't hold your emotions anymore. You began to burst into tears. 

" Don't cry .. " he mumbled in a very quiet and y voice.

You didn't know what was happening. You didn't understand why he was doing the things he was doing. You didn't even know him. 

 

Or so you thought.