The Two of Us

There's Beauty In Chaos
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Yongguuuk!” Himchan called out, “Wake up!”

 

Yongguk almost fell off of his bed. He looked puzzled, wondering how he got into his apartment.

 

“How’d you get in here?” He asked. He rubbed his eyes, still trying to figure out the situation.

 

“The door was unlocked, so I came in~!” Himchan exclaimed, “I also made breakfast!”

 

“Oh, really? Thanks,” Yongguk put on his glasses. “What did you make for breakfast?”

 

“Today’s breakfast is traditional Korean food!” He cheered, and handed Yongguk the plate.

 

Dear God, Yongguk thought. There’s black mush on top of a fish’s body and it still reeked of the ocean. And this is today’s breakfast? Meaning there’s a tomorrow?

 

He doesn’t even remember buying fish, but Himchan probably bought it on the way here.

 

“I made what I can with what you had in your fridge!”

 

Okay, Yongguk probably did buy it but probably while he was drunk or something.

 

“I’m really proud of this dish, and you’re going to be the first person to taste it!” Himchan smiled widely, and Yongguk was still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. If he cooks more dishes like this, he’d be the human form of a health hazard. With this dish, he didn’t seem too far from that.

 

“Thank you, I’ll…” Yongguk gulped, eyeing the fish head looking right back at him, “eat it well.”

 

They both had a day off today, so they decided to hang out. They went out for a movie, then some ice cream, some shopping, then dinner.

 

Afterwards, they headed home, and even though Himchan was busy at the construction site he worked at, he tried everything he could to find some time to hang out with Yongguk.

 

A month passed within a blink of an eye. Yongguk and Himchan were sitting side by side in Yongguk’s living room. Himchan sighed.

 

“It’s almost been a month already, huh?”

 

“Yeah,” Yongguk said, playing with his fingers.

 

“I’ve never been in a relationship that lasted this long.” He looked down, mirroring Yongguk’s gesture.

 

“Really?” Yongguk asked, “So you

Please log in to read the full chapter