-1)

Test of Courage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At a riverbank under a bridge, the wind was blowing nicely. The sun has already started to set producing a hue of orange and red all around which was reflected and more beautified by the water. A girl with long blonde hair wearing a uniform was standing there- facing a guy in a uniform as well although from a different school which was obvious by the difference in the colors between the two garments. The guy gulped when the girl opened probably wanting to say something after a few minutes of silence that passed between them. He was, however, frozen when the girl abruptly shouts something he won’t ever forget.

“PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!”

 

 

“He said yes!? REALLY!?” A brunette girl with long hair shouts at another two, slamming her desk in the process while another girl having the same hair colour as the one who shouted, but with a shorter hair only reaching up to her shoulders, sighed. It’s a good thing that they’re the only ones in the room right now as it’s still pretty early and classes will only start after another hour or so. It’s been a routine for these three to come at school early and was the only thing they had in common. Well aside from being friends, that is.

The blonde girl who was questioned nodded her head.

“I…didn’t think he’d say yes either.”

You all might be wondering what’s happening right now. Well it all started a day ago.

 

 

The three girls were at a family restaurant. Having just recently finished their meals and was chatting among themselves.

“This guy looks really ugly. I wonder why he is even on this magazine.” The long brunette girl said pointing at the guy on the said magazine while a short haired one just glared beside her. That was however, before the latter noticed that the blonde girl sitting across them was covering her face with a notebook.

“Sana, what’re you doing?”

The blonde, who was apparently named Sana, briefly took a peek at her friends before she saw the magazine again and immediately covered herself with her notebook.

“Wow. You’re shyness at men is quite something. You can’t even look at them on paper?” The long haired brunette giggled until she felt the one beside her elbowing her playfully.

“Give her a break Momo, she only attended girl schools even now so that’s why she hates them.” She pointed at Sana who looked down furrowing her brows seemingly trying to think of how to reply.

“It’s not that I hate them Mina. They’re just scary since I don’t understand them.” She pouted as she finally met her friends’ eyes again.

Upon seeing the face she was making, Mina let out a squeal. She loved it when her friend puts on a cute face like this. She looks like a squirrel.

“Like, don’t they squash others through their ripped arms for fun and laugh afterwards or how they eat directly from the rice cooker like a madman?” Sana face paled and she shivered as she imagines a guy, a huge one at that, squashing other smaller men with his biceps and another guy who was quickly eating rice directly from the rice cooker without stopping.

“Hehehe..Oh Sana..” Mina giggled as she looked at how scared Sana really was and how ridiculous her reasoning was.

“Yeah, and then there’s guys who grow 30 cm in one night with some who actually make it to 10 m.” Momo pumped her fists looking excited. Oblivious to the additional fear she put at their blonde friend who Mina knew was imagining something exaggerated again. This was basically correct because as of the moment, Sana was imaging a guy who grew as tall as a tree and looked down at her and glared.

Sana shrieked earning the attention of everyone at the restaurant but when Mina covered Sana’s mouth, apologized and bowed to them, they all returned to their own businesses. Mina then smacked the top of Momo’s head which earned an ‘Ouch’ from the cheery girl.

“This will be problematic if it keeps up.” Mina turned serious immediately as she looked at the two with an unreadable expression.

“Yeah. When she becomes a member of the society, she’ll get fired because of her inability to talk with her superior leading to her living a life as a lonely single woman.” Momo said which earned another smack from Mina when Sana’s eyes began to water and looked like she will burst into tears any second. 

“She was just kidding Sana. Besides, it’s alright to be single for the rest of your life. Some people want that kind of life.”

Momo and Mina was shocked however when Sana abruptly stood up from her seat.

“Even I want a….a….B-b-b-b-b-oy-friend…eventually.” Sana was now blushing wildly.

Mina suddenly planted her face in the table and muttered.

“Sana…wants…a…boy-….impossible.”

“Hey! Is having a boyfriend that unbelievable for me?” Sana pouted for the nth time as she retook her seat and crossed her arms.

Mina looked at Momo with the Help-me-get-out-of-this-mess look. Momo laughed but when Mina glared at her and raised one hand, threatening her for another smack, her laugh died down. Momo then nodded indicating she accepted Mina’s offer- it’s not like she had a choice anyway. She put her index finger and thumb on her chin while looking arond. 

After a few seconds Momo’s face lit up as she put both of her hands at the table and leaned forward.

“I got it! Let’s try a confession!”

Sana was processing what she just heard but as seconds passed by. Her face became redder and redder as she slowly digested Momo’s words.

“What are you saying!? Confessions are only done for someone you like r-right? I d-don’t have anyone like that!” She was flailing her arms.

Momo shook her head before she continued explaining.

“It doesn’t have to be someone you like. This confession is just to test you courage.”

“Test...my…courage...”

And suddenly a thought came to Sana.

“What am I going to do if the other person says yes!?”

“You normally don’t go saying yes to a confession from someone you barely know.” Momo reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter