Final

Good Night

Seungjun tousled his hair in annoyance. He was in a dilemma. And, no, it wasn’t about which flavor of chips he should pick nor was it about how much he was willing to spend for a special limited edition figurine. No, this problem is about a certain (adorable and handsome) leader of a group of giants- you guessed it- Jihun. It’s been too long; too long since Seungjun got frustrated about every jump of his heart or fluttering of his chest or pounding of his brain whenever he saw Jihun. Jihun, his stupid and annoyingly attractive dongsaeng.

 

Attractive? No. No. I mean-

 

He sighed.

 

Fine. Fine, Jihun is ing attractive and I’m into men.

 

“FINE!!” he shouted. “Calm down, hyung! I’m tryna rest here!” complained their maknae. Seungjun pouted and crossed his arms, staring at Heejun, who was lying on Inseong’s lap on the opposite couch. “What’s gotten you like this anyway?” Inseong asked, looking up from his phone. His unoccupied hand went to Heejun’s hair gently.

 

With pursed lips, Seungjun muttered under his breath, “You guys are lucky. You’re already together.” He looked away. “Meanwhile I’m here! Contemplating whether I’m into Ji- I mean-”

 

“Oooooh~”

 

 

 

Oh god.

 

 

 

Oh no.

 

“JIHUN-HYUNG!!” “Hee- shut u- pleaseeee!! Please, please, PLEASE!!!” Seungjun barked frantically. Heejun and Inseong burst into a fit of laughter (more like ugly pig snorting, in Seungjun’s opinion). Seungjun was on the verge of bawling his eyes out. “Kids, please. You’re making your hyung cry,” Youjin interrupted as he walked towards the trio with an apron on. “Jihun’s out, don’t worry. I told him to get some milk from the store,” he explained to the slightly (note: slightly) calmer Seungjun.

 

Just then, the sound of the door opening and closing was heard over the muffled giggles from two brats. Jihun appeared with a bag slung around his shoulder (Youjin insisted they save the environment by bringing their own bags instead of receiving plastic ones from the grocery store). The leader’s eyes swam over the room and rested on the sulky Seungjun. His eyes asked Youjin what was wrong, but the elder just gave him a lopsided smile and went back to the kitchen to clean up.

 

Seungjun huffed in anger and annoyance- he couldn’t stand the thick atmosphere. He stood up with his arms crossed, a pout on his lips. “I’m going to my room!” he declared loudly, stomping off.

 

Jihun eyed him before looking at the two who were left on the couch. “What did you guys do?” he asked, placing his weight on one leg. “Woah, you’re blaming us? He just seems frustrated today, I don’t really know. Maybe you should go and try to cheer him up,” Heejun said. Jihun lifted an eyebrow but eventually decided he should do just that.

 

The silver haired boy made his way to the kitchen to store the milk in the fridge. He also fished out a bottle of Seungjun’s favorite drink that he bought before making his way to their tallest member’s room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seungjun was pissed; annoyed. He knew the brats just like to make fun of him, but he was genuinely confused. He then heard the door open and shouted, “Get out!” He heard a familiar chuckle and felt his heart beat fast. “It’s just me, hyung~ your favorite dongsaeng?” Jihun giggled. “Y-you’re not my favorite!” Seungjun held his breath and faced the wall, refusing to show Jihun his warm face. It was dark, yes, but Seungjun still couldn’t risk embarrassing himself further.

 

“I bought you something.” That piqued his interest and he turned around just in time to catch a flying bottle of ‘morning sunshine’. His favorite drink. He looked up and saw Jihun with his attractive grin, looking down at him. His gaze went back to the bottle. “Like it? I bought it just for you,” Jihun smiled, lying down beside his hyung.

 

“Now, scratch my back.” Seungjun can’t help but smile. “Since you bought me this. I guess it’s fair~” he chuckled as he stabbed the younger’s side with his fingers, resulting in a high pitched squeak. “Hyuuung!!” Jihun whined. Seungjun laughed and started scratching Jihun’s back slowly.

 

The former sighed. “Jihun-ah…” he started. Do I confess now? Seungjun found it was too late to debate- since he caught the younger’s attention already. “Hm?” Jihun’s sleepy voice asked. The words were stuck in Seungjun’s throat and he found he couldn’t process what exactly he should say. “What’s wrong, hyung?”

 

“Do you… do you think it’s weird when guys like guys?” Seungjun finally asked. Great. “No, not really,” Jihun mumbled, half sleepy. “Why? You have your eyes on someone?” Seungjun gulped. “No- well, maybe… y-yes, I… I like someone…” He paused before continuing, “He’s annoying sometimes. He teases me a lot, but he’s cute and talented. And… I feel all warm when I’m with him. I get nervous too- it’s annoying, really.”

 

Jihun tensed up slightly and Seungjun wondered if he was being too cringy. “You must, um, love him a lot.” Jihun almost sounded hesitant, “W-who is he?” Seungjun’s face flushed. He was so glad Jihun couldn’t see his face then. “A little kimchi. I’m scratching his back right now.”

 

Seungjun’s hand moved away from Jihun’s back as he trailed it down his arm, and their fingers intertwined. “I…” Jihun cleared his throat. “I don’t know what to-to say, uhm.” Although Seungjun was impatient most of the time, he let his dongsaeng take his time (just this once). Jihun turned around to face his hyung, and Seungjun noted how cute Jihun’s blushing face is. “I guess I like you too.”

 

“You guess?” Seungjun pouted. Jihun smirked, albeit his fluttering chest. “I’m kidding. I like you too.” He twiddled Seungjun’s fingers and smiled. “Just ‘like’?” “You whiny baby.” “I’m older!” “You act like a baby. But it’s okay. I still love you.”

 

Jihun chuckled at Seungjun’s shy and pouty face. He placed a soft kiss on the older’s cheek before turning back around. “Your job isn’t done. Continue.” Seungjun groaned. “I’m the baby? You’re the one who always whines to get your back scratched to sleep,” he muttered, a small smile tugging his lips. “Good night, hyung.” It wasn’t night yet, but Seungjun decided he was too tired to argue.

 

“Good night. I love you.”

 

Jihun replied, with a voice so small- but Seungjun heard it.

 

“I love you too.”

 

 


A/N: Ahhh finally this is out!! I hope you guys liked it!

Also, it's our extra maknae's birthday~ I hope he'll be more extra from now on ((plis don't Heejun. ur extra enough))

Ah, anyways, thanks for reading! I'll try to write more now, since I've been lazing off oops

Twitter