Plan B?

Heart Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo’s POV             

“I’m blaming Sana for this.” I grumbled, struggling to maintain my balance.

Now let me summarize what happened. When we reached our headquarters, we saw Jihyo, one of the council members that give us missions and weapons. She was obviously waiting for us but when we went out of the freaking Lamborghini, she glared at us instead of giving us a warm hug.

She scolded us for failing the mission and that’s already a torture I’m telling you. Jihyo’s voice is so freaking loud. It can break all the windows and glasses in our headquarters. Okay that’s too much exaggeration but seriously, her voice is really loud.

Jihyo said that she’ll just report to the other higher ups so she made us squat for 2 hours while waiting for her in her office and that’s the current situation we’re in.

“I can’t feel my legs anymore…” Sana mumbled weakly. I think she’s the one having the hardest time in the three of us because she has no sense of balance.

“You guys deserve it because you failed your mission.” Jungyeon said, leaning against Jihyo’s table. “Idiots.” She continued, sticking her tongue out.

“ you.” I grumbled, glaring at her.

She just smirked and continued watching us suffer. ‘I swear this freaking ostrich is getting in my nerves.’

The door opened, revealing a frustrated Jihyo. She ignored us and just sat at her office’s chair while massaging her temple.

“Are you okay, Jisoo?” Jungyeon said.

“How many times do I have to tell you that my name is not Jisoo anymore?” She said, glaring at Jungyeon. The latter just shrug and waited for Jihyo’s answer anyway.

“Do I look okay to you?” Jihyo mumbled, sighing.

“Nope.”

“Oh my god. Stress.”

Jungyeon just laughed it off and patted Jihyo’s head while mumbling supposed to be comforting words.

Jihyo grumbled and removed Jungyeon’s hand from her head. “Anyway, didn’t I tell you to get the Pink Lamborghini?” She said.

“That’s too gay.” Jungyeon countered, crossing her arms.

I smirked and said, “Well, you are gay.”

Jungyeon glared at me, “Wow coming from the straight one.” She said sarcastically.

“Well at least I’m trying to do my job not like you who’s flirting with Nayeon all day.” I countered sticking my tongue out.

“Why you little .” She grumbled. “But you and your squad failed your freaking mission idiots.”

And that’s the last straw. “You son of a bi-“

“OH MY ING GOD!” Jihyo  screamed, cutting my meaningful curse. “Calm down or else I’m gonna kill both of you.” She continued, glaring at me and Jungyeon. It’s effective because silence occupied the room once again.

“Hey I’m tir-“ Sana mumbled.

“Shut up Sana.” Jihyo said, cutting what Sana is supposed to say.

“I’m not even done talki-“

“Why is she here?” Jihyo said, not letting Sana finish her sentence once again. It’s quite entertaining to be honest. I can also say that our Jihyo is really good in interrupting conversations. Nice talent indeed.

“Who? Tzuyu?” The squirrel girl replied innocently.

The said girl just watched us talk, no scratch that, bicker the whole time. She seems scared. Who wouldn’t be if you’re surrounded with thieves and murderers? Anyway, she looks so innocent despite the fact that she’s ing taller than me, I mean us.

Jihyo rolled her eyes. “Obviously.”

Sana chuckled nervously. “Well… you see… She’s supposed to uh…” She adjusted her position and avoided eye contact with everyone present inside the office. “We made an agreement that if I help her escape then she won’t set the alarm on but then-“

“I knew it!” I interrupted. “You’re the reason why the alarm went on!” I positively continued. ‘Why so genius Momo?’ I thought.

“HELL NO!” Sana quickly denied after hearing my comment. “We panicked because the alarm was set on and because of the intense happenings; I ended up bringing her here.”

“As expected from Sana.” Jungyeon said, stifling her laughter.

The Tzuyu girl stayed silent. Can’t blame her anyway. She looks like a lost puppy right now. ‘Cute..’ I thought. I’m so immense on my own thoughts and didn’t notice that I’ve been staring at her for a while now. Not until Sana nudged me.

“Hey quite staring!” She grumbled before pouting.

“Heh~” I grinned, realising something. “Are you jealous?”

Sana went from a squirrel to a tomato real quick. Her face is so red that I swear I can already see some smokes coming out of her ears.

“WHA-WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!” She did some unnecessary movements and guess what, she fell down miserably.

“ that hurts.” She grumbled while holding her back. “That’s your fault idiotic Moguri.”

“Nah you’re just a certified .” I countered, sticking my tongue out.

“Hey Mina! Help me kill this unnie of ours.” She said.

Silence filled the room. It’s as if Mina is not with us. ‘Oh maybe she’s really not here.’ I thought but when I turned around to look for her, I just saw her there squatting. She looks like she’s deep in thoughts.

“Hey Mina?” Jihyo called out. “Are you okay? You’ve been quiet for a while now.”

And so just like that, everyone’s attention is now on Mina.

 A few seconds passed by but she’s still not talking. I was about to say something but then she sighed and stood up.

“I encountered Natty inside the mansion.” She said, looking at me.

The words she said took a lot of time for my precious brain to process. ‘Natty? Mansion?’ I thought. ‘Natty…’ Then realization hits me.

“WHAT?!” I stood up and quickly grab Mina by the shoulder. “You saw Natty inside the mansion?! Natty of Sixteen?!”

“C-calm down Momo-unnie.” Jihyo mumbled. Despite the fact that she’s a part of the council, Jihyo is still younger than me, Sana and Jungyeon.

I took a deep breath and let go of Mina. “I’m sorry. I was moved by my undying hatred for that trash.”

I heard Jihyo sigh. “Anyway, spit it out Mina. All the information you’ve got.”

I calmed myself and gave my attention to Mina, well to be honest not only me but all of the occupants of the room. She nodded at Jihyo’s cue then she took a deep breath before telling her story.

“So when I went to investigate the mansion, I found myself inside the first floor. I was curious about some noises that I heard and when I saw the source of it, I quickly hid beside the closest wall.”

“Oh! A nice camouflage indeed.” Sana mumbled while nodding her head which earned her a glare from Mina.

“Ignore that idiot. Please do continue.” Jihyo said firmly, signalling Mina to proceed.

Mina sighed but she continued anyway.

“And that’s where I saw that girl.” She said pointing at Tzuyu. The latter flinched but she didn’t utter a word anyway. ‘Playing the shy girl huh?’

“She’s not alone though. It looked like she was arguing with her father about something related to business. I also think that her mother was there with her sister and an unknown person with colourful hair.”

We looked at Tzuyu once again, waiting for confirmation. She avoided eye contact but she still nodded.

‘Wait… Did she just said ‘person with colourful hair’?’

“Uhm hey. Mina. About that person with colourful hair, is that person a girl?” I said, trying not be desperate but failed. ‘ I hate myself.’

The latter looked at me with a confused face. “Well, yeah.” She muttered. “Why does it concern you unnie?”

“N-no, it doesn’t. I’m just curious.” I blurted out. ‘Nice one Momo.’ I noticed Sana grinning beside me but I just ignored it. “Continue your story.”

Mina cleared and continued. “When I saw Tzuyu and the other girl who’s also around her age went upstairs, I became so worried because Sana-unnie was upstairs that time and so I quickly followed them.”

I saw Sana pouting beside me maybe because of the fact that if Mina was worried about her at that time then it means Mina doesn’t trust her skills. Poor Sana but her clumsy side is really troublesome.

“When I went upstairs, I saw a lot of maids but none of them noticed me.” She grinned. “I saw the door to the master’s bedroom after a while of walking and when I went inside, I saw a strange silhouette.” Her face darkens. “It was Natty.”

No one dared to speak and the atmosphere around the room became heavy, it’s almost suffocating.

“She didn’t change at all. I won’t give a about her being inside the mansion if it’s not for the shiny thing she’s holding. I believe that it’s the heart diamond.” 

“Are you sure about that, Mina?” Jungyeon said.

Mina shakes her head. “I’m not sure but she did confirm that the thing she’s holding is the heart diamond.”

“Ugh that .” I whispered but I think it didn’t go unnoticed.

Sana sighed and scratched her head lightly. “What should we do then?”

“Uhm..” We all looked at Tzuyu, surprised that she talked at the most unexpected time. “That thing is not the heart diamond.”

“What the fu-“ Jungyeon was cut off when Jihyo spoke. Serves her right. I grinned.

Jihyo walked closer to Tzuyu and smiled at her. “Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter