Prologue

Love Always Wins

They were still stubborn. Although they knew it was possible for two people from different countries, North Korea and South Korea, to be in love, still, they kept on loving each other.

The man and the woman looked at each other before they were asked to do the punishment. The woman was pregnant but it was no different between pregnant woman and woman. The man wanted to ask her to stop doing the punishment but he was incapable of doing so. No matter how hurtful the punishment would make him feel, he had no rights to protest.

The woman he loves was carrying his child in her stomach and she was, at the same time, agonizing because of him. Not to mention his unborn child, she would be suffering right after she was born soon. It was the woman’s 8 month of pregnancy. She would be abort soon yet she was still asked to face the punishment along with her husband.

Both the woman and the man were told that they’ll be killed right after the baby was born. It was going to be so hurtful, let alone when they knew that they wouldn’t be able to look at their baby, not even once.

The day had come. The woman was screaming in pain but the man was still asked to do the job, the punishment. Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked at the woman who was struggling. Another woman came and helped his woman. Before he knew it, he heard a sound of a baby crying.

His child was finally born. As expected, she is a beautiful baby girl. The man smiled and tears rolled down his cheeks before he was stabbed from behind and eventually, died. Not to mention his wife, before the woman could greet her daughter, she was killed. She was stabbed right on her stomach and she, as well, died.

The baby was still crying. Her cries became louder after both of her parents exhaled their last breath. She needed her parents to come and see her for the first time but it was all impossible.

Then a man came and took her to his house. Since then, he became a guardian and he saw her grow up to become a beautiful girl from North Korea. Her beauty was unbelievable. Every guy in North Korea must have drooled over her if any of the guys had ever met her in person.