Club Neon

Cafe Periwinkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

  This club was called Club Neon for a reason. It was basically pitch black other than the flashing lights on the dance floor. The area where we were at had lights. The interesting part was that all the posters were glowing some kind of neon color. It was truly fascinating. I was mesmerized by it.

"Sulli!" Krystal called bringing me back to reality.

Sulli turned and looked at her. "Soojungie!"

  There was a group a people sitting at the bar who I assumed were Krystal's friends.

  The two ran over to each other dramatically. You know that cliche scene in a wannabe romantic movie where to two best friends/lovers/siblings/whatever see each other after a long time and they run towards each other in slow motion? Yep. That's what they were doing. But it's cute since Krystal is doing it. Krystal spun Sulli around and then dipped her.

Krystal leaned closer to Sulli's face "You know I missed you right?"

Sulli nodded and wiped away a fake tear "It's been like a day. Way too long"

  Krystal looked as if she was going to lean into kiss her when she grabbed Sulli's sides making her squeal. She tried desperately to get away from Krys, but failed.

"I'm gonna pee!" Sulli screamed

T  hat's when Krystal finally let go. Sulli glared at the cackling Krystal. Another tall girl walked over to Sulli and wrapped her arms around her.

She tried to conceal her laughter "It's okay"

Sulli pouted playfully "Shut up Victoria"

  I made a mental note of who Victoria was.

"Who's that?" Victoria nodded at me from behind Sulli

"Oh let me introduce her to you" Krystal pulled me closer to all of her friends. She walked me over to Sulli and Victoria. Sulli had long brown hair. She was quite a beauty. Victoria also had long brown hair, but she had bangs.

Victoria offered me her hand "Nice to meet you"

Victoria had an accent that I somehow didn't notice. Chinese I think. Here's my chance to impress her friends. I smiled, shook her head and spoke in Chinese "I'm assuming you're Chinese. Correct?"

Her jaw dropped slightly and responded in Chinese "Yes. You speak it?"

"Fluently"

She nodded in approval "Impressive Taeyeon"

Sulli huffed "Korean please!"

I laughed "Sorry" I studied her body language. I'm a doctor of many talents. If I'm right there's something between Sulli and Victoria.

Sulli's eyes went wide "Your laugh is so cute!" She pinched my cheeks.

I pouted childishly "Stoooopppp"

She removed her hands "So cute"

Krystal poked Sulli's chest playfully "She's mine"

Sulli stuck out her tongue "Whatever"

  There were a trio of people chatting amongst themselves, not paying any attention to us. One was obviously the . I mean Amber. The second was had beautiful orange hair. Some girls couldn't rock it, but she could. The last girl had plain long brown hair, but plain Janes tend to have hidden beauty.

  Krystal and I walked over to them. She tapped on Amber's shoulder and her body snapped towards us. She looked like she was in a defensive mode until she saw Krystal. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Hey Krys" She turned to me "Midget"

I wasn't going to let her ruin Krystal's night "Can you please not start? Everyone just wants to have a good time"

She laughed bitterly "I can't have a good time when you're with my girl"

Krystal groaned "Amber! When will you get it through your mind-" As her voice was growing louder the brunette snapped towards her and cut her off.

"Will you please be quiet!" Her voice grew quiet as she looked at me

  I recognized the girl immediately. Tiffany Hwang. The girl that broke my heart into a million tiny little pieces. Her face dropped. She almost looked scared, but that was only for a few seconds. Her poker face was right back up and so was mine. Surprisingly I didn't feel any searing pain like I was expecting. I didn't feel anything painful, only humor. She was hanging out with a low life like Amber! How funny.

I gave her my best smile "Hello I'm Taeyeon" I put my hand out

She took it hesitantly "I'm Tiffany"

I turned the orange haired girl. She was y, that's no lie. I also put out my hand for her "I'm Taeyeon and I absolutely love your hair"

She blushed a deep red "Thank you"

I nodded and went back to Krystal "No problem"

  Krystal gave me a discreet thumbs up. My whole goal is to impress her friends. I didn't want to seem like a bum so. Though I'm far from it. I'm a ing billionaire. I talked to Krystal's group for a bit until they decided we should leave the bar and head to the booth. 

Yuri's POV

  The moment we walked into my place Jessica pushed me out the way and ran into the bathroom. Is she one of those girls that take forever? I hope not. When 30 minutes passed by I got my answer. It was 7pm and she still wasn't done. The ride was going to take at least 45 minutes without traffic. I walked up to the door and banged on it "Jessica hurry the up!"

She snatched the door open and grabbed me by my collar "If you don't sit your down somewhere you will not be making it to the party or anywhere else for that matter"

  I grinned as my eyes ran down her body. Her hair was a mess and she had no makeup on, but gotdamn she looked y! Most of her body was covered by a towel, but what little I saw was more than enough to bother me. I smirked at her "Nice legs"

She let go of my collar and pushed me away "Glad you like them. You'll never see anything more. Goodbye ert" With that said she slammed the door in my face.

I chuckled and shouted "Don't deny your love for me Jessica"

"Kiss my Kwon!" She shouted back

"Bend over baby!"

  She let out a frustrated groan, but didn't say anything. I laughed quietly to myself. She was so much fun to play with. I sighed dreamily and sat down on the couch. How did I get such a hot date? She might be the spawn of the Devil, but I bet she has a sweet side. I just need to melt the ice she has surrounding her. I should do a little research on her though. Maybe I could find out what she likes and what she doesn't. Not that I care that she's famous. Famous people are people too you know. 
I pulled out my phone and went to Google. As soon as I typed in J her name popped up. I clicked the first link I saw and my research began. I had gone through at least 5 websites when Jessica snatched my phone out of my hand.

She looked at the screen with disgust "Why are you looking me up? These sites are so unreliable"

I looked away "I just wanted to know more about you" I felt like a child who got called stealing cookies out of the cookie jar.

She narrowed her eyes at me "Why?"

"Well...I just wanted to see your likes and dislikes. Maybe I could do something nice for you" I scratched my head awkwardly

She smiled and shook her head "Go get in the shower"

  I nodded and walked away sheepishly. I checked my phone and it was a few minutes before 8. The bathroom smelled of Jessica's perfume. It took me about 10 minutes to shower and do my makeup. When I was finally ready to put on my clothes I realized something. They were still in the living room. I groaned inwardly. I can't run out there . Maybe Jessica will bring them to me. Nah, she thinks I'm creepy right now. I guess there's no harm in asking. 

  I grab the door Nob, twist and pull. The first thing I see is Jessica's beautiful face. She's holding my bag filled with clothes. I can feel her eyes creeping down my body. I feel my ego growing larger as she goes lower and lower. I remembered that we had to be at the club soon. I cleared my throat.

She seemed startled and jumped a bit. She pushed my clothes into my arms "Take your clothes Kwon. We need to leave soon"

I laughed as I closed the door "Yes Jung"

  It took me 2 minutes to get my clothes on. The dress and accessories Jessica picked out look surprisingly good on me. She had covered my eyes when she was paying, took our receipt, and removed my price tag so I wouldn't know how much she spent. . I checked myself out one last time in the mirror before heading out. 

Jessica was standing near the door, Obviously ready to go. She started rushing me "Chop chop Kwon!"

I stuck my tongue out at her childishly as we headed out the door "You Americans are so pushy"

She nodded "Especially us Californians"

California? Krys is from California. Maybe she knows her. After we settled down in the car I decided to pop the question "Do you know a girl named Jung SooJung? She goes by Krystal?"

Her head snapped towards me and her eyes went wide "Why?"

"She works with me"

She shook her head a bit too quickly for me "Nope"

"Okay" I let it go

  The rest of the drive was awkwardly silent. She obviously knew who Krys was, but just didn't want to talk about it. That's fine with me. A couple minutes away from the club, Jessica groaned.

"Why aren't we there yet? I can't wait" She had an excited grin was plastered on her face

"We're almost there. Please calm your " I rolled my eyes and laughed

"Stop staring at them" She did a little hair flip

"It's not my fault they're popping out. They're asking for me to grab them"

She turned and looked at me with disbelief in her eyes "Uh...um..." was opening and closing, but I don't think she could think of a comeback

As we stopped at a red light I leaned over towards her "Cat got your tongue?" I was a centimeter away from her lips.

  She shook her head. She bit her lip as her eyes flickered down to my lips and back to my eyes. I raised an eyebrow at her, asking for permission to kiss her. She nodded softly. Just as I started leaning in some beeped his horn at us.

I groaned "ing er!"

Jessica POV

  Did I just almost kiss Yuri? I think I almost kissed Yuri. I'm not supposed to kiss Yuri. Bad Jessica! Bad! I looked over at her. She looked seriously distressed. She must've really wanted my kiss. I admit I wanted to kiss her also, but I shouldn't. That's too easy. If she wants my kiss she'll have to work for it.

"Sorry" Yuri murmured

"It's fine" I shrugged. I initiated it not her.

"No really. It was inappropriate and not right" She sounded sincere, but I knew she was lying.

"You're not fooling me Yuri" I laughed at her attempt to too fool me

"Alright I'm done. I wanted to, but it's time for us to head in" She smiled as I followed her eyes to the club.

  The last time I went to a club in as when I was younger and I was a bit...less controlled. Lets just say I wasn't the best role model for my sister Krys. Who I was hoping not to see at this gathering. My little buzzkill sister worked with Yuri. We never really got along. She was a buzzkill and well...I was buzzed. My biggest regret is I never taught her right from wrong.

There was an array of neon lights flashing. This club deserved one of those "Beware if you have epilepsy" signs. It was rapidly being filled with people. Including Yuri. Wait what?

She gave me a funny look and mouthed "Are you coming?"

I nodded, got out the car and half jogged over to her "I'm here now"

She wrapped her arm around my waist "You really can move in heels. I can. I can barely walk in shoes. I prefer being barefoot"

I blushed "Yeah it's a talent of mines" After lots of running from the cops, I got pretty good at running in these. Ahh high school parties. Brings back memories.

"Let's go babe" She had a confident smirk on her face as we walked into the club together. This was going to be epic.

Authors POV

  Yuri held Jessica's hand and led her through the club. It was almost pitch black other than the lights flashing and you could feel the music pumping through your veins. The place was packed with people! All you could smell was cheap perfume and Cologne, Jessica cringed. Her stuff wasn't that expensive, only $30 a bottle, these people should buy some.
  Finally the two made it to their table. Amber, Krystal, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Ailee, Victoria and Sulli were all gathered around the table completely ignoring them. An evil grin spread over Yuri's face as an idea popped I'm her head.

Yuri leaned over to Jessica "Watch this"

Jessica nodded though Yuri couldn't see "Okay"

Yuri walked over To Victoria and lowered her voice "Hey baby"

Victoria rolled her eyes and didn't bother looking up "Not interested"

Yuri nuzzled her face into Victoria's neck and kept her voice deep "Come on babe. Come dance with me"

Sulli looked over at Yuri, but could only see her figure. Sulli gritted her teeth "She said no"

Yuri laughed and turned her voice normal "Why won't you dance with your friend boss?"

Victoria stood up and pushed Yuri "You're an Yuri"

Yuri laughed and pulled Victoria into a hug "Love you too" She turned to Sulli "Nice defense"

Sulli laughed "Shut up"

Amber shook her head "You almost got jumped. Who's the lady?"

Yuri slapped her forehead. How could she forget Jessica? She pulled Jessica over "This is Jessica"

  Krystal's ears perked at that name. Could it be her Jessica? No it couldn't be. They're are plenty of Jessica's in Korea. Right?!? She hated her sister. All she did growing up was party, party and party more. She would leave and disappear for days to weeks. Most people didn't even know Krystal had a sister and if they did they didn't know what she looked like. 

  Krystal was the good kid. Good grades, friends and everything. Until high school. Krystal started taking after the amazing role model she had of a sister. Krystal's grades started going downhill and Krystal started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Her sister ended up a fashion designer while Krystal ended up working in a Café. Yay!

Jessica waved awkwardly "Hello"

  Yuri made Jessica sit down on the inner booth. To make sure no one could reach her. She really didn't want to have to fight someone today. Jessica happened to be sitting next to Krystal.

"" Krystal murmured

"Buzzkill" Jessica whispered

  It had been years since they'd seen each other. You know they had to get their punches in. Taeyeon noticed Krystal stiffen up at the presence of Jessica. Jessica Jung?

"Hey Jessica" Taeyeon called

"Taeyeon? Is that you?" Jessica felt a smile growing on her face

"Jessie! It's been too long!" Taeyeon had a huge smile on her face.

  The two leaned over Krystal and gave each other a long awaited hug. The two had met back when the duo were 22 and in Paris. Jessica was starting up her fashion line -which was an instant hit- and Taeyeon was helping the homeless community. Taeyeon and Jessica first saw each other when Taeyeon was shopping at her store for clothes for the homeless. Jessica spotted her and ended up talking. They hit it off immediately. Just as friends though. Jessica learned about what Taeyeon was doing and made a very generous donation to her cause. Taeyeon only stayed for a few months. When she left the two had accidentally lost each other's numbers.

Yuri was confused "You two know each other?"

"You guys don't know anything about me. Well I'm a doctor. Do you want to tell what you are Jessie?"

Tiffany was surprised. That struggling girl actually made it. Krystal was getting annoyed with that 'Jessie bull'.

"I'm the creator and owner of Blanc and Eclare" Jessica stated proudly.

Ailee's eyes went wide "You designed my necklace?" She ran her finger across it.

"Yes that's actually a favorite of mine. You have nice choice" Jessica complimented her

"Cut the bull midget. You're not a doctor" Amber called her out

"Look her up" Jessica answered for Taeyeon

  Tiffany pulled out her iPhone and the moment she typed T Taeyeon's name appeared. She clicked the link that talked about her accomplishments. So did everyone else. 'Kim Taeyeon creates way for same females to have kids!', 'Kim Taeyeon finds a cure for AIDS', 'Kim Taeyeon performs the first successful brain transplant!' 'Kim Taeyeon cures cancer!', 'Kim Taeyeon reaches billionaire status at age 24 and donates $500,000 to help people in need!', 'Kim Taeyeon is 5th most influential person! Tied with Jessica Jung!' and more.

  Amber soon realized that she had been wrong about Taeyeon. Taeyeon is a ducking genius! She was no competition for Taeyeon.

  Tiffany felt more and more stupid as she read on. Back when her and Taeyeon were together she always thought Taeyeon aimed too high and was going to fail at reaching her goals. They had argued about it countless times. Tiffany was absolutely sure that Taeyeon wasn't going to make it. She was completely wrong. Look at her now. Successful in every way possible. She wasn't greedy either. The website said she often donated to multiple foundations. 
  Tiffany wanted to slap herself. She had cheated on Taeyeon through their entire relationship. She never took it seriously. Until one day she got caught. The look of heartbreak on Taeyeon's face was more than enough to make her cry. She had cried for days afterwards hoping Taeyeon would come back. But she didn't. This was the first time she had seen Taeyeon in 7 years. She was 20 and stupid. Now she's 27 and realized she made a huge mistake.

"Jessica" Yuri murmured in amazement

"What?" Jessica feared what could be coming next. Blackmail?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter