Bewitched

Sorrow of the night

The sudden scream tore the silence of the night. Haneul jumped from the cold ground and looked around confused at the obscurity before her eyes. 

She was alone in a forest that seemed close to a place after a war. It was destroyed. The forest looked familiar, but didn't feel like it; it felt somehow bewitched, a dark aura spreading everywhere in sight. Most of the trees were torn apart from their roots and now they were on the ground lifelessly. A lot of skulls and bones were shed about in every inch of the surroundings and it felt wrong, very wrong. Then she looked down to her hands. Her palms were covered in blood that was slowly starting to slide down her arm, reaching her elbow, stopping and dripping on the dirt under her feet. She looked down at herself to check for any signs of wounds, but all she saw were a bunch of scratches here and there, nothing that hurt enough to explain the vermilion color of the now dry blood upon her pale skin.

The botton lip began to tremble, the whole body was shaking like an earthquake, as her legs gave in, collapsing onto her knees, a faint sob escaping . She started to cry in silence, squeezing her eyes shut, tears falling on the dead leaves around her. As they touched the leaves, they turned into black blood.

There was another scream, this time closer to where Haneul stood. Her heart stopped and so did her tears as she shakenly stood up on her feet. Her mind went blank, her once bright ocean-like blue eyes snapping open as terror and fear made her pupils distancing and apparing more and more smaller. From the deep darkness of the forest, a kind of a ghost appeared. The girl closed again her eyes just for a few seconds, but before she could do or say anything, a hand touched her cheek. She opened them and saw a young man with a devilish smile plastered on his face, his own eyes glistering with an unknown desire. It was ironic. How she swore she found the face of the boy in front of her beautiful like an angel's, fallen from the sky, how his dark ruffled hair fitted perfectly his white face, how she hopped he was sent to rescue her from the cruel world and bring back her sanity... The deeper she stared into his orbs that felt like unexplored galaxies, the horrified she was by the wounds she found inside his soul, wounds that would never heal, wounds that started to fill up, bringing out the shadow within. 

He was beyond evil. 

He was malicious. 

It seemed like the devil itself crawled his way out from the burning undergrounds. It was a lot left to imagination and she suddenly wanted to search for even the slightest bit of purity and innocence hidden in his spirit. Haneul didn't know him, nor did she want to learn about the man, but she found him strangely attractive, not good for her own.

Jungkook too was lost inside her eyes, forgetting his purpose for a short moment. He was there with a reason, something no one was to find about. After all of it ended, nothing would matter anymore. But each day passed, he seemed not to find the end of everything he's been through. He, sometimes, wanted to burn alive, to turn to ashes and then fade with the wind. He thought that maybe that would be enough to pay for his mistakes and decisions. Or, he would rather become a statue that would be long forgotten than live with a rotten heart and a feeling that was first giving him pleasure and then eating him alive. As if!

Theoretically, he was alive. Practically, he didn't feel like it. Metaphorically, he was long dead and gone.

He realized he had been staring at the girl for too long and snapped out of it.

Her thoughts were torn apart, bringing her back to reality by a simple motion. She felt a shiver down her spine as Jungkook brought her by the waist with another hand and trailed the other down her jawline, their faces mere inches apart. Lifting her chin up and taking in the view more, he his pinkish lips, then let the arm to fall down beside himself. She now desperately wanted to let out a scream and break free from her situation, then run away, never look back and leave the beauty of his face that struck her. He was ugly, but only on the inside. But before she could think of any more of that, he trew out an extremely sharp knife and put it under her chin. And then..

He laughed a short insane laugh.