it's collapsing

Just Stay

"Some people are destined to help people to be together." Namjoon once said when his bestfriend slash crush ended up together with his coworker. They met on Namjoon's birthday party and quickly feel in love with each other. Hoseok remembers he could only sit across Namjoon and bite back his apologize.

("I'm sorry Joonie, I'm sorry." "Shut up, it's my own fault." "Since when?" "The first day we met." "Oh."

The ed up, horrible, ing ironic thing was Hoseok and Namjoon, the two of them, were not only best friends but also childhood friends.)

Maybe Hoseok is like that. If it's Namjoon who was the link between Yoongi and him. Maybe, just maybe, it's him for Yoongi and Jungkook.

Maybe Hoseok has known it from the very start. Maybe that's why instead of quickly discarded his feeling for Jungkook (like a normal person who was in a relationship), he tried his best to change from Hoseok and Yoongi to Hoseok and Yoongi and Jungkook. Maybe deep inside, whoever playing matchmaker above, whispered to Hoseok that these people would be great together.

And foolishly, oh poor Hoseok, how foolish of you, to think you belong there as well with those two.

Hoseok sleeps that night with tears wetting his pillow, the bed is too large for him alone.

 


He wakes up to the smell of coffee and toasts. Eagerly, he goes to the kitchen and there it is a picture perfect of a happy couple.
Jungkook looks like the respectable lawyer he is, sipping his coffee while reading newspaper, while Yoongi closes his eyes, biting on his toast, head pillowed by Jungkook's board shoulder.

Hoseok clears his throat, it feels like he is distrubing a private moment between his boyfriends. Ridiculous. Jung Hoseok, you're ridiculous.
Jungkook notices him and smiles, "Morning, hyung." Yoongi waves blindly to his direction, eyes still glued shut as if he refuses to accept that he needs to work in the morning like a normal person. Hoseok smiles back, not trusting his own voice to not crack because suddenly his chest feels so tight and everything is hurt.

Five minutes later he is left behind with half-eaten toast and two empty cups on the table.

Hoseok stares at the empty seats across him. Jungkook and Yoongi have probably on the street, fighting the traffic jam to start their routine, but Hoseok still hears Jungkook saying, "Hyung, I need to go, can you please wash the dish? Yoongi-hyung, babe, we need to go, you have your meeting in an hour."

He stands up from his chair and walks quickly to the bedroom. Their bedroom, their bed which only ever meets Hoseok these days. Maybe if he sleeps, he can't pretend he doesn't hear how Jungkook called Yoongi with an endearment and didn't even call his name.

Maybe he can fool himself to think that they still love him.

 


a/n: idk man, im emo when im tired