final

greatest award

“Jihoonie” Soonyoung's voice was a shy whisper in the dark. Jihoon heard the boy move closer towards him, and turned around to meet with Soonyoung’s face close to his, that big bright smile in his face, mixed with tears shining in his eyes.

“Jihoonie” he called again, coming even closer.

Jihoon hummed lightly as Soonyoung brushed their noses together. They were too close, and even though that position was quite common, Jihoon never failed on gettin butterflies on his stomach every time they were that close.

“Jihoonie, we won a first” Soonyoung murmured, a disbelief tone. Jihoon couldn’t believe either. 

They had worked so hard, specially in this full album. Jihoon writing and producing everything, Soonyoung making the choreography and having to change it twice because he was never satisfied… Everything was so tiring. There was this period where Jihoon and Soonyoung didn’t properly meet for a whole week. When one would sleep, the other would work. Their usually shared bed felt so empty with just Jihoon or Soonyoung.

But then they finally made their comeback. And the response was crazy. And Seventeen won first on a music show.

“Can you believe it?” Soonyoung was full on crying by now.

Jihoon wiped his tears and cupped his face. Soonyoung put a hand over Jihoon’s on his cheek.

“You’re such a crybaby” Jihoon sighed, kissing his boyfriend’s tears.

“As if you didn’t got emotional as well.”

“Shut up.”

“Sorry I wasn’t there for you.”

“It’s okay. You couldn’t even get yourself together. I’m glad Jun helped me out.” Jihoon smiled fondly at the memory of his friends wiping his tears and letting him cry on his shoulder.

“Ah, I’m jealous. It should’ve been me.” Soonyoung smiled playfully

“We would’ve both fall down on the floor and cry our hearts out on stage.” Jihoon traced the line of Soonyoung’s lips with his thumb; an old habit he acquired from so many night talking close like that after everyone fell asleep. “I tried going to you, you know. But everytime I got closer and saw you crying I got all emotional again and it kept me from walking.”

Soonyoung’s smiled widened, glad he could make unshakeble Lee Jihoon emotional. 

“Shut up.”

“I didn’t even said anything!”

“As if you needed too” Jihoon rolled his eyes before closing them, snuggling closer to his boyfriend, pecking him on the lips. The peck turned into a kiss, and the kiss turned into smirks and giggles and ended with Jihoon burrying his face on the crook of Soonyoung's neck.

The older boy just kissed the top of Jihoon’s head, screaming internally. 

“Jihoonie.”

“Hm?”

“If you’ll be cute like this everytime, I hope we win every day.”

“Stupid. You should wish for us to win because of Seventeen’s success. We promised to hit daebak this year, remember?”

“Yeah but…” Soonyoung smirked “I wouldn’t mind getting kissed”

“You’re unbeliavable.” Jihoon scoffed. “And still gets me all emotional.”

“Like our victory.” Soonyoung smiled.

“Yeah.” You’re the greatest award I could get. Jihoon didn’t said it, but the words were implied. Knowing his boyfriend would never say out loud such a cheesy thing, Soonyoung just smiled, and they fell asleep holding each other tightly.


-----------------------

The end was kind of lame…? This is the first one shot I ever write! Hope you enjoyed it~