Quitting Cold Turkey...And when I say "Turkey" I mean Feelings.

I'm Not Her!

Saejin's POV

I've been with Jaejoong for quite some time now. We've been married for not even a year yet. Buy he hasn't changed in the least. I assumed that, eventually he would stop being so cold towards me. I thought eventually our marriage wouldn't seem so horrible and forced upon the two of us. But if marrying me was such an absolutely horrible prospect, Why did he have to say yes? I know we've only been together a few months but I can feel myself falling for him more and more by the days that are passing. And it hurts to see him, my husband, acting so cold towards me.

About two months back I decided to try and make him jealous. I would call all my guy friends or go hang out with my guy friends, I'd come home late, I'd invite them over for study "dates". And still nothing seemed to phase Jaejoong. Which angered me even more. I didn't and still don't understand how he can be so emotionless and cold all the time.

I gave up on that idea not too long after because it obviously wasn't working. I decided, upon further thought, that I should just act as coldly to him as he does to me and then maybe he might miss me. I've been doing it since then and it doesn't seem like its work either but I don't know what else to do. Is there anything else I could do? Probably not...

I walked into the living room to see Jaejoong on the couch reading. I started to walk out of the room when he called to me.

"Saejin, wait.." he said as he placed a bookmark in his book and stood up.

"Bwoh?" I asked nonchalantly, secretly thrilled he was talking to me.

"A few friends of mine are coming over today, so you can go out with your friends." he said. My heart plummeted into my stomach. What had I been thinking? I've been reading too many romance novels, obviously, because some part of me was hoping that scene would play out with him sweeping me into his arms and telling me that he's sorry he's been so cold to me and that he actually loves me. But how could I possibly think that? Who am I kidding? Jaejoong would never do that.

"Sure. Whatever." I shrugged it off, feeling my face and emotions harden as I turned to leave. He didn't even ask me what was wrong. I don't know why I even exPect it anymore.

I was about to go to my room when I heard Jaejoong and some guys talking. I peaked at them from around the corner down the hallway. They were all good looking, none really comparable to Jaejoong in my mind. I was about to shrink back when I was spotted.

"Jaejoong is that your wife?" one of them happily asked.

"Er...yes." Jaejoong paused not realizing I had been there. "Saejin, c'mere." he nodded over.

"Annyeonghaeseyo." I bowed politely to my husbands friends. If I could even call him a husband anymore.

"She's adorable!" one smiled.

"Hyeong, how old is she?" another asked.

"19..." Jaejoong and I said in union.

"Hyeong! I'm older than she is!" anothers mouth gaped open.

"Its lovely to meet you. I'm Yoochun." one of the beautiful ones said.

"I'm Yunho." the tall, dark, handsome one said.

"He's Jaejoongs secret lover~" the two who hadn't introduced themselves said.

"I am not." he growled, "I'm not gay and I wouldn't steal Jaejoong from you, Saejin."

I bit my tongue from replying with "you can have him".

"Thank you" I said, and under my breath I added: "I guess."

"Shes a cutie, Jaejoong, keep her close." one of the two nameless ones smiled happily and and patted Jaejoongs shoulder.

They walked inside and I backed away, going to the kitchen to make tea. As they walked into the living room I called over my shoulder that I would make tea. I received a chorus of "thank you~"s.

I was just outside the door, about to step in when I heard them talking.

"Have you fallen for her yet?" one of their voices asked.

"You know I never will." Jaejoong responded, his voice had a cold, hard edge.

I didn't stick around to hear the rest of the conversation. I ran out the front door. I ran down streets and around corners. I ended up at a little coffee shop. I calmed down, got a cup of coffee and sat down. And cried. I know he doesn't love me. I know I was stupid to believe he might after a few months. But to hear him say he could never love me was too much. It broke my heart.

Jaejoong's POV

I heard Saejin run out of the house and I knew she must've heard me. And I felt guilty. Which I guess is normal. A girl who might love you just found out you can never love her no matter how hard she tries, it would be normal for her to run away and abnormal if she didn't. But this didn't feel just like guilt. It felt like something else. Heartache. Something I was all to familiar with. But I didn't understand why I felt it. I didn't love her...did I?

I followed, running out the door and jogging after her. I watched he go down streets and then she started making turns. That's when I picked up my pace.i followed her to a coffee shop. She went in, got coffee and sat down before crying. I walked in and sat down next to her, rubbing her back as she cried. She leaned on my shoulder for a minute before jumping back.

"Go away, Jaejoong." she whispered, wiping her tears away quickly.

"I can't. You deserve to hear...the story about me."

Saejin's POV

He wants to tell me his "story". I should be angry. But I'm curious. So I'll let him explain, though I might end up crying once again.

"I, uh, I was in love once..." Jaejoong started, "we were engaged too. But she left me standing at the alter." he sighed.

"That's it? That's all I get? No elaboration?" I snorted, pissed off.

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just hard for me to talk about." he sighed once more.

"You can't love me, because another girl broke your heart?" Still pissed.

"I can't love because I don't trust people with my heart because of her." he corrected.

"But I'm not her!" I cried out.

"Saejin, let's go home..." Jaejoong coaxed, standing up.

"Jaejoong, you aren't listening to me! I love you and I am not like her!" I pulled him back down.

"Tell me how!" he angrily whispered, shocking me. "I want to believe you, but how can I? How can you prove it?"

"Tell you how I can prove that I love? Or how I'm not like her?" I cried out in a whisper.

"Both?" Jaejoong asked, seeming insecure.

"I'm not like her, definitely not." I started.

"How? Just you saying it doesn't prove anything." Jaejoong sighed.

"I'm not like her because I'm married to you. I didnt leave you at the alter. That's also how I know I love you. Because I'm still married to you." I said.

"...Really?" he asked, holding my hands in his, "I think I love you...I want to love you...I just need you to love me."

"I do love you, Jaejoong." I hugged him.

"I love you...Saejin." Jaejoong smiled.

The entire coffee house clapped and laughed and smiled happily. I had forgotten we were here, apparently so had Jaejoong.

After that, Jaejoong and I became much closer, to each other and to our neighborhood. We became known as the coffee house couple because of the day we confessed our love incidentally in front of everyone. We will never forget that day. Ever.