You, Me And The Stars Are Enough, Baby

You, Me And The Stars Are Enough, Baby

 

You, Me And The Stars Are Enough, Baby

 

„Chanyeol, where are you taking me?“, Baekhyun whined, short legs barely being able to keep up with the taller male’s ridiculously long ones, „I am tired. Let’s sit down somewhere.“

 

„We are almost there, baby. It’s not very far from here, I promise.“, the giant responded, squeezing Baekhyun’s hand in an encouraging manner, chuckling when the vocalist let out an impatient groan.

 

„You said the exact same thing when I asked you ten minutes ago!“

 

„But I am serious this time. Just trust me, okay?“, Chanyeol pleaded in a sugar-coated, caramelised voice, flashing an innocent smile at the shorter male who could only sigh and mumble an almost inaudible „You are lucky that I love you, you idiot.“ that Chanyeol still heard nevertheless (because how could he not with ears like that), causing his smile to grow wider. The vocalist shook his head.

 

It was true, Chanyeol was indeed lucky that Baekhyun was so into him. Otherwise, there was no way he would let himself get dragged to the middle of nowhere at 2AM and that after several hours of exhausting dance practise. There was no way he would reject a comfortable ride in their manager’s spacious car, instead being pressed up against someone on a tiny scooter that was barely able to carry two full-grown people, getting chased and photographed by fans while he looked like a mess with his tired, bare face and large clothes that he liked to wear for practise. No, if it was someone else, he would have never given Sehun the pleasure of driving past him in his fancy car, smug face and all as he showed off his new ride. No, Baekhyun wouldn’t.

 

But Chanyeol wasn’t just someone. He was the only person he would do all those things for, no matter how embarrassing or uncomfortable it was, no matter how tired and exhausted he felt. In all those years he had known the giant, the latter‘s head had always been full of crazy, yet weirdly sweet and unique ideas and even though their strangeness caused Baekhyun a headache most of the time, they were also one of the reasons why the vocalist had fallen for the rapper in the first place. Chanyeol wasn’t normal and plain and he didn’t want to be. He wasn’t afraid of doing things that were a bit extraordinary, wasn’t afraid of being different and didn’t care when people called his rapping „bad“ or his dance moves „too stiff“. Baekhyun, who was rather compliant in comparison, loved Chanyeol for being himself in every situation, to the point that anything (or anyone) ordinary didn’t attract him anymore. Ever since he had met the giant, Baekhyun didn’t want „normal“ and „ordinary“ anymore, no. From the moment he had first laid eyes on him, he knew his heart would only be able to beat faster at the thought of long, lanky, bowed legs, large brown puppy eyes and big, elfish ears. And if it wasn’t for Baekhyun‘s love for all those small things that made Chanyeol who he was, namely a way too tall and way too handsome idiot with a way too big heart, there would be no way he would walk hand in hand with him for twenty minutes straight, blindly letting him take anywhere he wants to.

 

However, Baekhyun did and he would do it again for a thousand times even if he was complaining now.

 

Love makes people do unimaginable things.

 

Baekhyun had learned the meaning of this phrase while being with Chanyeol.

 

„Are we there yet?“

 

„I cannot believe you are turning 24 this year.“, Chanyeol said amusedly, suddenly stopping and turning around to face his impatient lover who had bumped into his back with a quiet „oof“ due to the sudden halt of their steps. „But to answer your question: Yes, we are finally there.“

 

Hearing that, Baekhyun could swear he saw little angels flying in front of him and singing „Hallelujah“. But when he took in his surroundings, a slight frown settled on his face instead. „So this is what I almost sacrificed my legs for? Really, Chanyeol? There is absolutely nothing around here except for bushes and trees and weird-looking plants and - “

„Shh.“, the giant shushed him with a finger on his lips, „Close your eyes, okay?“

 

„Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Why would I close my eyes in the middle of nowhere when it’s already so dark that I can barely even see - “

 

And Chanyeol shushed him again - this time with a peck on his lips.

 

„When will that mouth of yours ever stop moving?“, the giant complained, making the older male pout. „Come on, baby. Do it for me, please?“, he asked in that extra sugary voice again, successfuly causing Baekhyun’s walls to crumble.

 

„Fine, I will close them. There.“

 

Baekhyun was, of course, unable to see the look of adoration on Chanyeol’s face as the taller took his hand and started leading him somewhere, occasionally reminding him not to peek in order to not ruin the surprise and Baekhyun had to promise him countless times that he wouldn’t open his eyes.

 

„Even if I did open them, it’s not like I would be able to make out anything. It’s so dark, I was barely able to see my own hands earlier.“

 

Baekhyun gabbled on and on (because it really wasn‘t in his nature to shut his mouth for one second) and let Chanyeol, who only chuckled at his childish behaviour, lead him who-knows-where. Only when he felt sand under his feet and did the vocalist pause his endless chatter. Meanwhile, Chanyeol let go of the smaller man’s hand and made his way behind him, circling his long arms around Baekhyun’s waist.

 

„Open your eyes.“

 

And when Baekhyun did, he was greeted with a sight that he thought only existed in movies.

 

In front of him was the reflection of the moon beautifully displayed on calm, dark blue water. A few waves were crashing against the shore, creating a pleasant melody that was music to Baekhyun’s ears. In the distance, a city lights were decorating the sky, their reflections joining that oft he moon, illuminating the scenery in front oft hem.

 

Seoul had truly never felt so far away before.

 

This truly felt like being in another world.

 

„Chanyeol, this … this …“

 

And for the first time, Chanyeol’s little chatterbox was at a loss of words.

 

„Do you like it?“, the taller male asked, kissing Baekhyun’s temple, „You looked so happy last year, when we went to Fiji. You didn’t even want to leave at first because you had fallen in love with the beach there.“, Chanyeol chuckled at the memory of a cute Baekhyun whining on the last day before their departure, „I know this is nothing compared to Fiji but I still thought you might want to go to a beach again.“

„This is perfect, Chanyeol.“, Baekhyun reassured him, turning around to face his lover, a soft smile forming on his lips. „This is even better than Fiji.“, he whispered before burying himself in the giant’s chest, letting the latter wrap his welcoming arms around his small body. „Thank you.“

 

„Everything for you.“, Chanyeol said, nuzzling the vocalist’s hair. „Happy early birthday, Baek.“

 

Baekhyun looked up at him without breaking the hug, loving eyes taking in the sight of a barefaced Chanyeol illuminated by the moonlight. It should be illegal, he thought, to be this handsome without a single drop of makeup. Chanyeol always called him beautiful at any chance given but often forgot just how gorgeous he himself was with those big eyes, full lips and broad shoulders. That idiot was completely oblivious to the way people stared at him, to the effect he had on them. And then he had the audacity to wonder why Baekhyun was so possessive of him. Really, Park Chanyeol?

 

„So this is my early birthday present? I see“, Baekhyun smiled, tip-toeing in ordert to place a kiss on his lover’s lips.

 

Chanyeol grinned. „Yes! It’s the appetizer, so to speak. You know, until you get your real present. Since we might not get the chance to be alone next week, let’s have our own private party now.“, the giant suggested, tapping Baekhyun’s nose before pecking it. „Remember how you complained about my bagpack being so heavy earlier? I got your favourite muffins and tea for us. Oh and I brought a little blanket, too. Let me just get everything ready.“

 

The rapper was about to rummage in his bagpack when Baekhyun suddenly caught his wrists and pulled him back, looking up at him with a guilty expression. „You don’t have to tire yourself so much for me. I don’t even deserve this much. I mean, you always have to cope with my mood swings, my jealousy and my insecurities and I am pretty sure I am talking your ear off most of the time and you are the only person who still listens to me nevertheless, the only person who doesn’t complain. God Chanyeol, I don’t even know what I did to deserve you, I just, I just - Oh God, I swear I am not crying, I just have something in my eye.“

 

Chanyeol’s heart broke at the sight of Baekhyun’s tears.

 

He quickly used his thumbs to wipe them away before kneeling down and taking both of the vocalist’s hands in his, placing a kiss on both of those beautiful hands before looking up at his lover with sincerity in his eyes. „Baekhyun, what are you talking about? You deserve even more than I can offer you, baby. You deserve the world for being so beautiful inside out, for brightening not even my life but those of thousands of other people as well. Our members, our fans, your family, your friends and I - we all have a reason to smile when we look at you. You and that kind heart of yours that never fails to notice when someone is not feeling well, your ability to cheer people up with your cute antics and infectious smile. God, that smile. That gorgeous smile that cannot be compared to anyone else’s. That smile that makes me want to collect the moon and the stars for you. That smile you put on no matter how sad you are because you don’t want people to worry about you. That god-given voice of yours that melts not only my heart but those of thousands of people all over the world. I am so proud of you, baby. I am so proud to be able to point a finger on that piano-playing angel on stage and call him „mine“. You have come such a long way and you will go even further, my love, I promise you that. Your dream of becoming an all round entertainer will come true and I will do everything in my willpower to support you and protect you. Don’t ever put yourself down for your weaknesses, because we all have them. I have them, too. But my biggest weakness is still you. I am so into you, Byun Baekhyun. I love everything about you, even things you deem as your imperfections. I love your endless chatter. I love dealing with you and your mood swings, I love dealing with your jealousy even though you don’t have any reason to feel jealous because I only see you. I only have eyes for my baby, my Byunbaek.“, Chanyeol declared with a sincere smile on his face, raising up to his feet in order to take care of Bakhyun’s tear-stained face, switching between wiping and kissing them away.

 

„Look what you have done to me.“, the vocalist chuckled, „I probaby look like a mess now.“

 

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around him and started his hair. „But you are still a very cute mess.“  

 

„I don’t know if I can ever move on from this, Chanyeol. No one has ever said such things to me before. I feel so… I am so in love with you right now. I don’t know, I think I need a therapist.“

 

Hearing that, the giant could only laugh loudly and kiss his lover’s head. „Would muffins, tea and cuddling be enough for now?“

 

Baekhyun giggled. „Yeah.“