Just a Random Thought...

My Best Friend

It was a Friday afternoon. Eun Mi and Hwa Young were laying on the grass watching clouds pass by. As usual, they spend their afternoon talking about their day at school, boys, gossip, life and at times, little random things.

"Unni, if one day you have a daughter, what would you name her?" asked Hwa Young.

"Hmm, I don't know. The thought never crossed my mind. It’s just... so far in the future. Why, what about you?"

"I'm not sure either. My aunt just gave birth to a baby girl and they're still thinking of names. By the way, when you give birth, I must be your child's godmother!"

"Of course, who else would it be? You're like a sister to me, no one else can be my child's godmother.” Eun Mi turned over on her side to face Hwa Young. “Hey, just a random thought, but what if we become inlaws instead?"

"Inlaws?"

"If I were to give birth to a son, you a daughter, or vice versa, let's try to match them together!"

"That'll be hard. I mean, they'll go to school, meet different people, have secret crushes-"

"It doesn't hurt to try, does it? If it doesn't work out, then fine, we won't force it. Let fate play it out. Who knows, what if it does happen? Give it a try? Just a little push when needed."

"Why not? So I guess in a way, our kids are meant to be together, aren't they?"

"I guess they are. If not soulmates, definitely besties."