The fabulous story

The Principal of True Cross

 

“In Gehenna I used to live, hundreds of years ago. I had lots of money and shiny things, but I felt that something was missing, something that would raise my level of fabulousness from 99% to 140%. What is it? I wondered.

I got quite bored of taking souls and making deals with mortals, so one Saturday night I hosted a party at my place. My younger brother Amaimon wasn’t allowed, since he was too young, but I still caught him smoking in the kitchen. I quickly took away his cigarette and started smoking it, and gave him a lollipop as a replacement. Ever since then, he has loved lollipops, and it’s all because of me! It’s nice, I know~

So anyway, me and my guests from the Renaissance period were enjoying ourselves. There was a karaoke party and even a cosplay competition. Obviously, I won with my frilly Lolita dress. It was custom made and pink~

Later that night, I made a fatal mistake in the living room. I lit a cigar and as a consequence, the fire alarm was activated and water started pouring on us. Luckily, I had my trusty umbrella, as always~

The other guests were rather drunk as far as I can recall, since they started screaming and jumping around like crazy! The artificial rain was really a spontaneous, but nice addition to the party! Amaimon made his appearance, he was passing by to get another beer. Trying to avoid bumping into him, I tripped on my rare Honey-Honey Sisters kimono, and fell face down in the water. It may have been because…”

Here he stopped and made an innocent puppy face, that reminded of his dog self.

“I had also consumed a few liters of that… WAOH FANTASTIC beer! It goes good with junk food, you know~

And now, to the good part…”

A loud and sudden thunder could be heard from outside the building. She jumped, and her facial expression was now almost as insane as Mephisto’s.

“Tell me more, Mepphy.”

He made a short and elegant bow and continued, with a demonic voice.

“I was feeling dizzy and ready to faint. The music in the background was very loud and banged in my head. As I was losing consciousness, I clearly heard the song saying THIS IS THE TALE, OF CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW... My inside voice was saying: No, my name isn't Jack Sparrow, it's Johann Faust... no, no, it's actually Mephistopheles, I'm a... a german... a german de... demon...

I fell asleep on a pink inflatable mattress, under my umbrella to prevent my hair from getting wet. The last thing I remembered was Amaimon casually swimming in the water, triumphantly holding a can of beer in his mouth. Then, everything went pinkish-black~

I woke up the next morning to my cellphone ringing. I looked around, not exactly remembering what had happened the night before, and saw everyone floating like corpses in the water. They might have been dead, I don’t remember~

I answered the call. I was so sleepy, I have never slept more than one hour a night and it seems that my body had welcomed the few extra hours and wanted more. I yawned and tried to maintain my cheerful voice when answering. Ohayoo~ I said in my charming voice, which was obscured by my dizziness (no more beer for me!) I heard an official voice asking if I was indeed Sir Pheles. I said: Yes, indeed I am Mefisuto Feresu aka Johann Faust the Fifth, it is just that you have caught me in quite an unfabulous situation and I don’t sound like myself...~

He interrupted me and said that it is a very important matter. What exactly? I wondered while holding back a yawn. He said that they needed a competent and skillful individual to be the principal of True Cross Academy.

I nearly fell in the water by surprise, but of course I contained myself and grinned diabolically. The principal of True Cross, you say? I had always wanted to be the principal of True Cross… Just to that I could use young exorcists as pawns in my game of taking over Hell… or at least Gehenna. I almost laughed evilly, but I couldn’t at that moment. I asked what kind of demon has possessed them since they wanted to make ME, an evil demon, the chairman of an exorcist school. You know what they answered, my dear? The other principal had had a wild party last night and he had been fired because of that. They desperately needed someone, so they found my number~ I rubbed my eyes and everything around me seemed to sparkle.

I was made the principal. My evil plan had started. Of course, two days later they realized what a foolish decision they had made and wanted to remove me, but they couldn’t because of two reasons: one, they were afraid of me, and two, I bribed them, since I am rich. As you might know, I don’t spend much on others, so I bribed them with one yen. So I guess that fear was the main reason of them letting me be what I am now~~~”

He finished his story with a charming wink. The demonic aura around him seemed to evaporate, but he looked as threatening as before.