I May Be Rushing a Bit

Who Knows? (We Might End Up Doing Well)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol yawns shamelessly as he's sitting in the backseat of a taxi. The scent of the bouquet of lavender roses lying next to him lingers on his tongue and he's pretty thankful for that since the taxi driver doesn't belong to the cleanest ones. He turns his face to look at the appartment buildings they're passing; the constructions are less and less luxurious, changing from tall skysrapers to a lower-class (and shadier, in Chanyeol's opinion) five-story blocks. It's quite funny, he thinks, how easy it was for his sister to move out of their family house to live with her boyfriend. She was always closer with their parents than him, never disobeying, never disappointing. She used to come home from school and jump right onto their father's lap while he was reading a newspaper; he's hug her and ask how her day went, only nodding in greeting to Chanyeol. Not a shocker given Chanyeol's continuous misbehaviour. All of their relatives supposed Chanyeol will be the first one to leave the house (and he did too), but Yoora never failed to surprise. He guesses he's just bound to dissatisfy his father even in this field.

 

His thoughts are cut off by the driver's voice. He quickly hands over the money he owes and grabs the flowers before getting out of the car.

 

The air of this part of the city is lass poluted and he takes a beep breath. He scans the building in front of him and smirks, because it's probably inhabited by a milion of college students. Some nights they will have. Nevertheless, if Yoora is happy, he is too. His sister is probably the only member of his family who has approved of his choices and always was there for him. So if he has to take a smelly taxi to see her, he'll do just that. 

 

He wonders what was the flat number as he's making his way through the main hall. It might be 47, but 46 also rings a bell in his mind. He could call her, but his phone is in his back pocket and manouvering a huge bouquet of roses is hard enough when hes using two hands (he's too clumsy, but he won't admit that). Besides, what's the worst thing that can happen? He'll knock on some stanger's door, dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a brown sweater, the collar of his e shirt showing, and with hands full of flowers. Who cares.

 

He checks his reflection in the elevator's mirror as he's taking a trip to the second floor; his black hair are combes into a massy hairstyle, bangs up and uncovering his forehead. He knows Yoora likes that look on him. 

 

Number 46 happens to be closer to the elevator so naturally he tries this one first. It takes five seconds for the door to open and when they do, Chanyeol learns that it's not his sister's appartment.  

 

In front of him stands a boy around his age. He's shorter than Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter