Tell me I'm handsome

Tell me I'm handsome

Jeongguk is not really surprised when the PD drags him out the changing rooms to hand him a mission card. It’s pure entertainment for their fans and they all do it pleasantly, some way to kill time and have some fun on their own too. Plus, this mission is easy, make Jimin say thank you to Jeongguk is probably one of the easiest things to do considering the fact that his hyung is grateful by nature.

So easy. 

A plan formulates on his head the instant he swallows his vitamins with a large gulp of water from one of the bottles resting atop one of the tables in front of the mirror: hand Jimin a bottle so the other will express gratitude; easy and simple. 

The younger sits on the edge of the table when he hears Jimin’s voice from the outside of the room, fumbling with lazy fingers with the cap of the bottle while waiting for Jimin to come back. Thinking about it twice, maybe the PD will label it as boring and probably edit it out or hand Jeongguk some other mission to do, so maybe he should think about something else more interesting or funny to do with an oblivious Jimin, but at that moment the shorter enters the room and, for a split second, Jeongguk swears he feels his heart stop beating. 

Jimin walks in like he owns the place, a grace on his steps as if he danced while walking, orange hair pulled back and showing off the smooth skin of his forehead and that little freckle the younger likes to kiss sometimes, plain black t-shirt a little loose on his small frame and tight jeans that allow the younger to see those leg muscles move with every step the other takes towards him.

Jeongguk is aware of the amount of times he’s been feeling like this lately towards the other male. Jimin is his boyfriend so It’s not weird of him to think Jimin is beautiful, but the thought always brings with it a hitch on his breath and a rapid and furious beating heart, sometimes pink-tinted cheeks, and although Jeongguk should hate this sensation of giddiness and lost of control over his own body and emotions he finds himself embracing and welcoming it with happiness, because Jimin is too beautiful to not look at.

“Oh, Jiminnie-hyung.” Jeongguk snaps out of it, remembering a camera was recording him and that he has a mission to do, wishing and praying to all deities out there that the camera hasn’t caught his awe-struck expression at seeing Jimin.

“What.” replies the older absentmindedly stopping next to him on the table he’s occupying, obviously distracted by typing on his phone.

“You look handsome today.” it slips form his mouth without his brain’s permission.

“Thank you.” says Jimin and Jeongguk freezes in shock because not only the words he’s said out loud finally sink in, but also because he has completed his mission within 3 seconds.

Jeongguk moves his eyes to the cameraman trying not to laugh and gives him a panicked glance, so before the two burst out laughing Jeongguk stands up and flies away from his hyung, collapsing to the floor the instant he exits the room in an attempt to calm down his fluttering heart.

It’s mission clear, tells him the PD, but also boring, so he convinces Jeongguk to go back inside to try to make the older say it again.

Jeongguk thinks about it, about ways to make the other say the words again, but he liked the fact that he could openly compliment the older with a camera observing him so he decides to use the same strategy. And the younger finds pleasure in the way Jimin reacts to it this time even if he doesn’t say those words. The older gets all shy and flustered at Jeongguk’s second attempt, laughing it off to try to hide his embarrassment but the younger clearly sees his cheeks blushing.

By the fourth time Jeongguk tries Jimin grows suspicious, even accusing him of hiding his phone or trashing the hotel room. Jeongguk thinks it’s unfair because that only happened once when he accidentally sat on Jimin’s phone and tried to hide the evidence by showering the older male in praises and butterfly kisses. Jimin found out eventually, obviously, but couldn’t be mad at him because of the previous affections.

The cameraman is laughing at their conversation, amused at Jimin’s flustered face and at the lack of gratitude from all the compliments the younger keeps on throwing persistently at him. Jeongguk should be frustrated it’s not as easy this time around but his boyfriend’s smile is too precious to be sad about it, and also because he can openly flirt with Jimin in front of a camera without looking suspicious. That’s why he can’t stop from telling Jimin how handsome he looks today, how much he shines while smiling -so beautiful- because it’s true and his reactions are too cute.

Jeongguk sees their manager eyeing them warily from the other side of the room, not pleased at the public display of affections so the younger stops his compliments when Jimin mouthes a playful insult the camera can’t catch because of his tiny hand covering his mouth.

But ten minutes later Jimin corners Jeongguk, who was calmly sitting on a chair listening to some music to concentrate for their upcoming performance, and slaps him with a rolled up sheet of paper to make the younger confess where he has hid his phone.

“I seriously don’t know!” defends himself the younger smiling back a the playful smirk resting on Jimin’s lips.

The older slaps him again with the paper while Jeongguk tries to grab his arms to prevent getting hit again.

“what are you going to give me if I find your phone?” asks the younger with a mischievous glint on his eyes.

“It was you then?” exclaims Jimin hitting his shoulder again, so playful and cute that Jeongguk can’t resist from slapping the other’s with a smile while denying being the culprit once again, hoping it all looks innocent on camera.

“Why are you hitting me when it’s not me.” questions Jeongguk, obviously amused at Jimin’s attitude.

“You’ve been acting strange,” says Jimin softly. “and there’s a camera.” 

Jeongguk defends himself again with laugh, fighting with the urge to pull Jimin to sit on his lap and kiss him senseless until they have to be on stage. So he urges the older to go look out for it before he does something in front of everyone in the room that would be inappropriate.

Jimin finds his phone quite easily, which offends a bit the younger because he’s been accused of stealing the older’s phone when it was at plain sight, but Jimin comes back to him laughing, that sweet laugh that sounds like angels singing.

“Why were you being like that then?” asks the shorter curiously.

“I…” Jeongguk hasn’t forgotten about his mission despite getting distracted by his hyung’s cuteness, and although he finds enjoyment in Jimin’s reaction, also wants the camera to finally leave him alone so he can cuddle with his boyfriend for a bit. 

“I said you were handsome, and I want to hear a reply.”

“You want to hear my reply?” asks dumbfounded Jimin, expression that makes Jeongguk smile lovingly at him. 

Jimin sits down on the chair in front of the younger, looking at him with clueless eyes for a moment before a mumbled thanks slips through his lips.

Jeongguk breathes a sigh of relief and puts his hand up waiting for a high-five that Jimin gives easily, finally catching up with what’s going on.

“I actually thought you messed up the hotel room or broke something.” explains Jimin while looking into the camera. The younger laughs amused and fistbumps in victory while Jimin shakes his head. 

The cameraman finally leaves to record someone else, and the two boys fall in confortable silence with the trace of smiles still on their lips.

“So you were saying that only for the camera?” mumbles Jimin so soft that Jeongguk almost doesn’t hear him in the murmur of the room. The younger turns his head to his boyfriend, watching him fumble casually with the papers on his hands, tinny pout on his pink and pretty lips. Jeongguk laughs and tilts his body forward, pressing his forehead against Jimin’s as their eyes lock.

“No, I said that because it’s true.” answers back the younger with a low voice. Jeongguk’s ears don’t register the noise surrounding them anymore, right now it’s only him and Jimin for all he cares. “You are so handsome Jiminnie-hyung.”

Jimin fights with the tug on his lips that threaten to make him smile, eyes glinting in happiness and staring back at the younger lovingly.

“Oh, you think so?”

“Yeah, the most handsome of all.” whispers Jeongguk. Their noses bump softly when Jeongguk tilts his head a bit to the side, eyes traveling down to focus on Jimin’s lips with hunger.

The older bits them, watching with interest the way Jeongguk struggles to keep from kissing him, so he tilts his chin up, their lips almost touching.

“You should tell me more often, then.” teases Jimin, their lips brushing with every word he says. 

“I will if you kiss me right now…” sighs Jeongguk already tasting Jimin on his tongue. 

Jimin nods curtly with a smirk before meeting Jeongguk’s lips in a slow kiss, sighing through his nose deeply as Jeongguk’s warm and large hand rests  the back of his neck to prevent him from moving away too soon, fingers caressing softly the skin there as their lips move perfectly against each other.

If he’s going to get this reaction from Jimin every time he smoothers him with sweet words, Jeongguk sure as hell is going to tell his boyfriend how beautiful he is every second of the day.




 


A/N: Is someone here with me or are you all dead because of BTS' comeback??? Fire is such a jam omg..

I forgot I had this story oops... I posted it on Tumblr a while ago so if you follow me there probably have read it alredy but for those who don't here it is :)

It was such a precious moment to miss...