Chapter 5

Forgivable, Unforgettable

Luhan’s POV

Four days. 

Four, long days have passed since Myoun spoke to Luhan. 

He didn’t mean what he said to her. In fact, he utterly hated himself for what he said to her. He was just so frustrated that he couldn’t protect her from everything. That that stupid, American-born brat could have hurt her and he wasn’t there to make sure she didn’t. 

But then he took out his frustration out on Myoun. 

He tried calling her multiple times but she never answered. He tried to approach her at school, but whenever he did, she would turn the other way. She avoided him at all times. He could practically feel her avoiding him. 

After awhile, Luhan decided to give her as much space as she needed. He didn’t push her, as much as it hurt. 

He would still watch out for her though, even though she didn’t know it. Especially, in acting class, since Kris was there too, sitting right next to her. But it seemed that ever since he threatened Kris, that bastard didn’t approach her nor talk to her.  But still, he knew that those two were gonna have to talk sooner or later since they were partnered up for that stupid project.

Tao, Kris’ best friend didn’t even harass Myoun in the hallways like he did before. 

Aeri and Chaeyeon would occasionally glare at her. One time they caught him glaring at them when they were giving Myoun dirty looks. Chaeyeon looked away quickly, but Aeri glared back. When she knew Luhan wasn’t gonna let up, she just rolled her eyes and looked at her phone, giving up on the staring challenge. 

He even kept an eye out for Tiffany even, but she never approached her. 

This all made Luhan feel a little bit at ease, but a little sad since he realized he made a big deal out of nothing, which may have cost him his friendship with Myoun. 

It hurt him that she was basically treating him like he was Kris, himself. But after what he said to her, he deserved it and he knew it. 

Luhan hated himself for how he handled the whole situation. He should have let her explain. He should have listened. He should have not been so judgemental. He should have controlled his temper. 

I should have, I should have…

Myoun’s POV

Saturday morning came all too fast, which meant it was time for me to serve detention for being late to class on my first day back. I didn’t mind though. It’s not like my Saturday was filled with any social events, since people avoided me like the plague…and since I stopped talking to Luhan.

Honestly, I didn’t know where my friendship with him stood anymore. Not ever since we talked on the phone.

The bell signifying the end of detention rang, bringing me back out of my thoughts. I quickly packed my things to get ready to leave.

Before I left school, I went over to my locker to pick up a few things such as a couple of notebooks and my sweater. 

“Well. Look who we have here.” 

At that moment, I literally felt my heart stop beating. Slowly turning around, I was faced with Aeri and Chaeyeon. 

Chaeyeon was smirking and Aeri…if looks could freaking kill. She started tapping her foot impatiently, still surveying me with her pretty, almond-shaped eyes. 

“What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?” she asked, acid dripping from every word. Chaeyeon laughed. “I’m sure the cat got more than her tongue since she’s been gone for the past two years.” she said cruelly. 

I gulped and slowly tried to walk away. Chaeyeon blocked my path. “What are you gonna try to run away again, just like that night?” she asked, a sadistic smirk painted on her smooth, porcelain skin.

All of a sudden, I felt pressure being pulled from my head. Aeri had grabbed my hair harshly, from behind. She pulled so hard and low; I was looking at her in an upside down vision. Her grasp was so firm, I felt as if my neck was about to break. I think I would have preferred that then the situation I was in. 

Our faces were just inches apart. To a bystander, it might have looked as if she was getting ready to kiss me upside down, like in that Spider Man movie. But upon closer inspection, her glaring, eyes would have told the bystander she wanted to do anything but kiss me. 

“So…you try to steal my boyfriend away from me and then I was the one to be blamed for your deserved meltdown?” she asked, her grip on my hair tightening on every word she spoke. 

“A-at the time, I d-didn’t know that Kr-Kris was your boy-”

She let go of my hair so quickly and violently that it may have given me whiplash. Before I knew it, I was being roughly pushed towards Chaeyeon who grabbed me and violently pushed me face first onto the lockers, my arms pinned behind me. 

“You know what would be fun, Chaeyeon?” Aeri asked, a deceptively sweet tone like frosting coating her voice. 

Chaeyeon snickered. “What?”

I heard Aeri grab something out of her purse. Then I heard the sound of scissors snipping in midair. 

“You know, Myoun, I heard they give mental nutcases haircuts so short that you see their scalp. I don’t see that with you.” Aeri asked. 

Chaeyeon snickered as she still held me against the locker as Aeri lifted a strand of my hair to-

“What the hell are you guys doing?” We all froze and turned slowly around at the all too familiar, low voice. 

Kris.

To be continued…