Chapter one

Dead people are hot

                                                                                       


                                                                                                                  0.1Case of the urn 



One summer afternoon when Seokjin was immersed in a good fantasy novel, his mother struts in with an antique looking piece in her hand. She's humming the tune to Heratstrings, mindlessly placing the antique thing in variuos locations (on the bookshelf, the besdie table, on top of the cupboard, inside Seokjin's christmas stocking?) before placing it on Seokjin's study table and emmiting a murmur of approval.

"Tae Hee had this beautiful vase on display and I couldn't help myself from getting it. I thought it would look perfect in your room and I was right!"

Seokjin's mother was all smiles, admiring the container with intent eyes. Seokjin let out a light chuckle at his mother's child-like antics and carried on with the book, more focused on Sauron than the object of his mom's adoration. The door bell ringing downstairs, startled both the mother-son duo. Seokjin was the one to bolt out of the room in a speed that was possibly inhumane to his mother thus she screams, "Don't go all Usain Bolt in this house!"

The door is opened before another ring can resound. Seokjin is greeted by a dear smile, the very smile that melts his insides and makes his legs go jelly. Jeongguk is standing on the other side, amusedly smiling at the elder. "Hi, princess." Seokjin blushes at the endearment before whining, "Kookie!". Jeongguk lets out a heartfelt laugh and pinches his princess' flushed cheek. Seokjin murmurs something along the lines of 'being treated like a baby' and playfully swats the others hand.

"Oh, Jeongguk! Come inside, honey. I was just about to whip up some cookies for Mr. Studious here so you're right in time!"

Seokjin's mother pops from behind her son and speaks which such an enthusiasm that is never dying. Jeongguk giddily accepts her offer and slips inside, taking off his leather jacket and helmet. Seokjin doesn't understand how he manages to deal with different personalities in his life and sprints upstairs with Jeongguk following him behind like a puppy. As soon as they enter the room, Jeongguk slips his arms across Seokjin's waist and pulls him close, eliciting a soft gasp from the other.

"I missed you," Jeongguk purls against Seokjin's neck, placing fleeting kisses along his soft skin. Seokjin feels light-headed, his hands in order to stop trembling. Jeongguk has this weird effect on him and Seokjin likes it, very much so. "We met just this morning, silly!" Seokjin exclaims with a light giggle, turning around so as to face the younger. He places a soft kiss, so soft that it feels like air brushing along, on Jeongguk's lip and pushes himself away from the other's hold.

They're not a thing, if you're wondering. Seokjin doesn't know how to categorize their relationship. They both love each other, that much is clear but they haven't really talked about what they are. They don't have to though, unspoken words are clearly depicted between the two of them through lingering gazes and stolen kisses.

"Anyway, did they announce when your race is?" Seokjin asks, plopping his weight on the previously occupied bean-bag. He bookmarks the novel he was reading before setting it aside.

"Yeah, it's next Tuesday! Namjoon hyung will be able to ride agaain until then so it's cool," Jeongguk replies. The young boy is a biker aside from being a college student. At first, Seokjin wasn't sure if he wanted to befriend someone like Jeongguk, who sported the bad-boy look, emitting a vibe that Seokjin didn't particularly fancy. Abeit his appearance suggested that he was probably a thug, the boy behind those leather jackets was a shy nineteen year old with a soft spot for cute things (like Seokjin). Seokjin immediately took a liking for him amidst the timid smiles and bashful flirting.

"Is that an urn?" Jeongguk asks suddenly, eyeing the piece of container on Seokjin's study table warily. Seokjin follows Jeongguk's gaze and stares at it while scrunching his eyebrows. He takes the vase in his hand and gently analyzes the heavy thing. Jeongguk joins him, squeezing himself beside Seokjin on the bean-bag and snatching the urn from the elder's hold.

"You know that urns contain ashes of dead bodies, right?"

Seokjin knows that Jeongguk is purposely trying to sound serious, biting back a grin not-so-discreetly. Seokjin, as any princess, did not like ghosts. Who did like them anyway except maybe Hoseok. He shoves Jeongguk off of the bean-bag, making the boy topple over some strwen books. The giggle that Seokjin emits is worth the fall, Jeongguk thinks with a grin. Just then, Seokjin's mother enters the room with a tray full of aromatic cookies.

In the midst of motherly teasing and Seokjin's whining, a speck of ash spilled from the overturned urn goes unnoticed.