Chapter 4

The Journey of a Life Time

We finished dinner and he invited me to the living room and asked,"Can I ask you some questions?"

"Well, you just did." He gave me a confused look. So obviously they don't know what sarcasm is.

"Yeah, that's fine as long as I get to ask you questions in return." Kai nodded in reply. He grabbed some kind device and started writing on it. He also gave one to me. It was similar in size to an iPad but all it could be used for was writing.

"Fire away." I told him.

"What is it like on Earth?" I smirked because I knew that question was coming.

"Well, it's kind of like here. We have a lot of water, we don't have animal hybrids, our eyes are always one color, in some parts of the world there are four seasons. We have snow and rain, there are different languages, different cultures, so... yeah."

"What are languages?" He asked curiously. I knew he had never heard of the word because he said it funny.

"They are different ways that people can speak." I proceeded to introduce myself in a couple of other languages that I knew. Kai looked at me with an astonished look on his face.

"Now you really do sound like an alien!" he said with a small smile. I laughed at his comment. The more we talked, the harder I started crushing on him. He was a gorgeous boy. Then a thought popped into my head. I wonder if he has a girlfriend or something like that.

"So," I asked quietly, "When you are in love with someone, do you marry them?"

"Um, I've read about humans and marriage, but we don't have the same process. We go through something called Soul Mating. When you reach adulthood you start Soul Searching. When you find that special person your minds will connect and you will see the same image. Then half of that image gets tattooed over your heart and the other half goes over your partner's heart."

"That sounds pretty painful. Do you have a Soul Mate?" I kind of wanted him to say 'yes' just so I couldn't think of him that way. I didn't think he has a SoulMate though because he seems to live alone.

"It may be painful, but it means that you are sharing something so unexplainably special with the person that you love. To answer your second question, no, I don't have a Soul Mate yet."

"Oh," I whispered softly, almost to myself, "So where is your family?"

"I don't have one," I instantly regretted my question, " I was basically born in a lab. How about you?"

"My parents sold me to the government when I was very young because I had a special mind."

After that our conversation died and we decided to go to bed.

XOXOXOXO

The next day I woke up to the smell of food. I rushed out of bed and tripped on the sheets wrapped around my feet. I popped in the bathroom and looked at my reflection. Once I tamed my bed hair, I deemed that I looked presentable enough to go downstairs.

Once again, Kai was swaying his hips to a smooth song coming out of a radio-like device. “Do you dance?”

He must not have know I was behind him because he jumped in surprise when I spoke. When he finally comprehended my question, he nodded shyly. I smiled and said, “You should teach me sometime.”

“O-okay.” Kai said while blushing.

We sat down at the table and had another delicious meal. I never thought I'd meet a man who was so capable of cooking. I mean Jerry sure as hell can't cook.

We sat down on what I assumed was a couch. He grabbed a remote and pointed it at a TV. I was amazed to see that our lifestyles were so similar, but what I wasn't expecting for the TV to pop out at me. I made an odd snorting sound and Kai busted out laughing.

“Don't laugh at me! We don't have 3D TV in out houses on Earth.” Kai just continued to laugh while I brought my focus back to the screen. I couldn't believe it! It was like I could reach out and touch everything even without the glasses that were needed in theaters on Earth. I literally sat in front of the TV for 3 hours while Kai did random cleaning things. I should have asked to help, but I was fascinated by the show playing in front of me.

Eventually, Kai came up to me and said that I would get a headache if I kept watching any longer. He asked me if we wanted to go and look around the town and I agreed.